Avocados!

Options
1235»

Replies

• SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Avocado anything- salad, on salad, on sammie, on taco, on eggs, guac, or by the slice! If someone didn't mention it, for the leftover half, or in a bowl of guac, leave the pit in and it will not turn brown as quickly! ( I don't know why this works, but it looks better green! )
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    Try some Avocado lime and tomatoes with a little cilantro or try adding some homemade salsa with it
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is my latest favorite. It's great on a sandwich wrap.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/avocado-egg-salad.html
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2-3 pkg of splenda

Blend & enjoy

(I freeze mine so i have a smoothy the next day)
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to avocados. They are my ONLY known allergy. That's gotta be pretty improbable right?
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    I take a pita or wrap and spread a tsp of hummus and slice 1/4 of the avocado and stuff/wrap it. I also love slices in salad YUM!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I slice up a quarter of it also, and put it onto a pita pizza I make! Mmmmmm!!! Taco pita pizza..... Roast beef..... Chicken...... Ground beef....... Veggie..... Absolutely anything! Amazing and avocado makes it look and taste great :)
    ahh never thought of this one! I love creating new toppings for my Pita pizzas but never gave a thought to adding avocados until now. Thanks for the tip:drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Eat 1/4 at a time. Cut out half of a half and eat that. It could be anywhere from 50-70 calories. Not bad! And it's healthy fat! Try it instead of butter or mayo on a sandwich... chop it into cubes for a salad...or try putting an egg yolk in one half and baking for 10 minutes or so. DELICIOUS.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    personally, I have a difficult time getting all of my calories in for the day. so it's nothing for me to eat half an avocado with a spoon, right out of the rind. love me some avocado!

This...minus the difficult getting all my calories...LOL. I go weeks at a time eating 1 avocado/day. I absolutely love them and make room for the calories. A medium one is usually between 250-300 calories. They are very good for you, are especially good for the heart and are one of the foods that help with HBP.
  • dmiller1974
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is to mash half an avocado w/a tablespoon (or more if you like) of non-fat Greek yogurt. Spread this on wraps or bread in place of mayo. Makes an dip for veggies as well. All of the ideas here are great!
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    You could also cut up a few avocados, some mozzarella and some tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and have an avocado salad. :bigsmile:
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I added half an avocado to my 2 egg omelette this morning...
    I wouldn't recommend it, tasted ok, but way too much fat (31g), so have been gassy ever since :sad:
  • jamesg2012
    Options
    I have 1/4 avocado for breakfast with hummas eggs and tomato and another 1/4 for lunch in sandwich..So good and not bad fats!!!!:wink:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I love mine mashed up with a hard-boiled egg with seasoned rice vinegar. YUM!
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    cut one avocado, add nuts, salt, raisins, green salad and spoon of olive oil and vinegard or boiled chicken instead of nuts and raisins
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    just read every post in this thread to get recipe ideas...
    now the word avocado just sounds/looks weird after seeing it so much
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    mmmmm all this talk of avocados.....mmmmm