I am giving up

Options

Replies

• mireyita44
    Options
    PLEASE DON;T try please check if you are gaining muscles check the porcentage of weight lose and not the weight can be water retention... Focus... But do not give up... Talk and we will give you the support... please give yourself another chance, check the tyroid gland.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The only difference between you, and the people that have reached their goals......is that they didn't give up.
  • t00c00l4u
    Options
    I'll put it like this; if you give up, then it shows me that you never has much dedication to begin with. Fact is, if you're lowering your portions you would be loosing weight. So obviously, you're not doing what you're saying, or you "smaller" portions are made of unhealthy foods or you're just eating less than normal but still too much. Either way, YOU are doing something wrong. I am sorry, but I find you pathetic... though I do hope that you can re-evaluate your actions and change your life style. That 'giving up' attitude is that same attitude that got you in the mess you're currently in. If you choose to be overweight and unhealthy, if you give up on being the best you can be, then LOLYOUDUMB.
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    Options
    I suggest you get a different doctor and see a nutritionist. To say just do smaller portions is ridiculous. I worked with my trainer and a nutritionist to adjust foods, calorie intake, workouts, when I eat... It took time. But I get so pissed off when people quit. If this is the hardest thing in your life you think you will have to face and then quit - well get ready for the rest of life.

Try something different. Be a strong person. Make a decision to honor your body.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    good luck and have fun, not all people in the word can have fun with a certain activity including this. but mfp is still here when you change your mind.
    let me congratulate you for trying anyway. many people won't bother to try.
    cheers.
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If i quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    we've all been there.

however, it is not the moments of success that measure our strength, but the moments of failure

you failed, it's ok. you don't have to give up. if it was easy, it would have happened overnight
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    If your crying for help and posting this you don't want to quit . Get tough and kick some *kitten* your own ?? If loosing weight was easy there would be no web site like this and every one in the world would be fit 60% of the population is obese you dont want to be in that sector do you ?
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'll put it like this; if you give up, then it shows me that you never has much dedication to begin with. Fact is, if you're lowering your portions you would be loosing weight. So obviously, you're not doing what you're saying, or you "smaller" portions are made of unhealthy foods or you're just eating less than normal but still too much. Either way, YOU are doing something wrong. I am sorry, but I find you pathetic... though I do hope that you can re-evaluate your actions and change your life style. That 'giving up' attitude is that same attitude that got you in the mess you're currently in. If you choose to be overweight and unhealthy, if you give up on being the best you can be, then LOLYOUDUMB.

Again... this is the "motivation and & support" section.. not the "berate and scold" section..
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You know the same amount of time is going to go by whether you try or don't try. So why wouldn't you just keep at it?
  • Gloria415
    Gloria415 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hope you have changed your mind and decided to stick to your weight loss journey. I think most of us here can relate to your feeling of giving up.
    I was about to five up a couple of weeks ago. I did go back to see my dietitian and she looked and my food journal and realized that I was not eating enough to lose weight. Go figure! Any way you might not see the scale moving but maybe you are losing inches and don't realize it.

Giving up is easier than sticking to your plan. Hope you find motivation and helpful support in this group.

P.S. I sent you a friend request.
  • Debigetfine
    Options
    I know you dont know me, but lets chat. I noticed your USC shirt and my friend went there and I have plenty of the clothes so I will have to post a picture in one of my many USC things. Anyway, Dont give up! First pray and ask God to give you the strength and will power to do it, but also, just cut back on the sugar intake. Thats my biggest issue and I see the difference.

Girl I still eat what I like but Im trying to watch my portion but also what I eat. It takes time, woman dont lose weight like men do, and once the weight starts to come off you will notice it. Push yourself to go an extra 10 minutes with your workouts. Do only cardio right now, dont focus on toning or weight lifting. Walk, jog, and if you go to the gym do the eliptical. Drink as much water during the day as you can stomach, and take vitamin B.

For breakfast try having a large Red apple, some tea and maybe if your still hungry a slice of wheat toast with a little butter or peanut butter if you like that. I am a coffee lover, but I dont add sugar, I just use favored cream and nurse one large cup for a while.

For lunch do salads with meat so you feel full, or try the chili at wendy's for protein. Chik fil a has a great yogurat grunola parfait thats about 270 calories. Instead of regular dressing for salad try oil and vinegar with a little salt and pepper, its good. For dinner just elimate everything that isnt meat and vegetables, and you can save the weekends to eat that fatting crap.

It will all work out....you said you believe in God, so you already know....we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Peace my sister and keep in touch you will do just fine........Quiting...failure is not an option!!!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I gave up 3 years ago and decided that I was destined to be fat for the rest of my life. 6 months later I kicked myself in the *kitten* and asked myself if that was what I really wanted and realized it wasn't. That's when my lifestyle change started and I couldn't be happier.

YOU CAN DO THIS! You really can. It may take time. Not a problem, we all have time. Just stop worrying about how fast it happens.

I started this journey as a size 16 or a tight size 14. I am a 10/12 now. I took 2 1/2 years to make the changes I have made. Why not? It took me 42 years to develop the horrible habits I had.
  • lkblazek
    lkblazek Posts: 36
    Options
    Please don't give up! Is there any chance you are depressed? Talk with your doctor, please. I suffer from depression and the last few months I have been on the wrong dose or out completely ... I couldn't stop eating. I gained weight, but as soon as I got back on my medication at the correct dose my appetite got under control again and I've started losing again. This may be what's going on with you. You may also need to eat more protein. Just re-calculate the calories you need (you can use the calculator on this site) and be sure to measure and weight your food. Good Luck in this journey.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Again... this is the "motivation and & support" section.. not the "berate and scold" section..

agreed... some nerve
    saying pathetic is cruel
    go away.
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1. OPEN UP YOUR DAMN FOOD DIARY
    2. GET RID OF THAT DAMN SCALE
    3. TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS ONCE PER WEEK
    4. DON'T GIVE UP

I haven't lost a pound since last November. It is frustrating and disheartening, but I'll never give up because I see the MEASUREMENTS changing. Stop comparing yourself to your friends. It's your journey, not theirs. It's your genetics, not theirs. It's your successes and failures, not theirs. If you give up now, the dream will be not be improbable, but impossible. Even hanging on by a thread is better than giving up. You can do this, but you have to talk. You have to communicate. Most importantly, you have to LISTEN. Too many ask for help and then want to change things too soon. This is a lifelong journey, not some fly by night tryst with dropping a few pounds. Giving up on yourself is a slow death; an atrophy of your very self. Believe in those who believe in you. In your profile, you mentioned that nothing is possible without Christ. I'm not going to get all religious, but if you quit now you're basically letting the enemy win. He needs this energy from you and he wants to see you frustrated and failing. Do not be tempted by quitting because that's the easy way out. Yeah, Jesus could have been tempted on the mountain but he was like "**** you Satan... you don't tell me what to do." So, the question I ask you is Who's report shall you believe?

^^ THIS Ignore the haters. We all go through frustrations and we all have vices. For some it's cigarettes, alcohol, gambling...whatever. For me it's food. It's a constant struggle but it's one i'm going to win. CHIN UP, brush yourself off and get back at it!!! And if you trust in the Lord then ask him for help. It will come.....
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT DO THIS I AM GIVING UP. I JUST CANT SEEM TO STOP EATING THE THINGS I AM EATING I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR NOT TO CUT ANYTHING OUT BUT TO EAT SMALLER PORTIONS AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL NOT DROPPING. I DO WORKOUT 5 DAYS A WEEK BUT OVER THE LAST WEEK I AM REALLY NOT MOTIVATED. I WANT TO TRY EVERY FAD OUT THERE AND THATS NOT GOOD. I HEAR ABOUT 1 THING AND I WANT THE NEXT I WANT TO SEE MY WEIGHT JUST DROP AND ITS NOT HAPPENING. I THOUGHT I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD BUT I AM FAILING. MY FRIENDS ON HERE ARE LOSING WEIGHT AND IM STUCK SOOOOO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO JUST NOT FEELING IT RIGHT NOW

Well your mind is made up and I guess I understand as weight loss is not for every one and its really hard to make it successful when you cant stop eating. Farewell on your journey but you should keep exercising!

Quit if you want but know that we are here for you when you are ready to take this long journey with us.
    it's not easy! As a matter of fact, it pretty much sucks. If you are eating smaller portions, your weight would come off. Unless you have a medical issue, you are not sticking to it.
    Since last May, i've allowed myself to gain back 60 of the almost 100 lbs that I lost. You know why..... cause I quit and gave up on myself.

Edit: At least you tried and then gave up after your failure rather than not trying at all.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up!! It takes some time for your body to lose the weight. Try to exercise one hour a day, some weight lifting , eliptical , or just swimming ? I know it's very hard to lose weight. We're here to help and motivate you !!! Try to eat more veggies when you're hungry add some tuna from the can , avocados ? It has protein in it, so won't feel hungry for couple of hours. Be patient !
  • builtforlife
    Options
    To hell with giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do this for as long as possible! You will lift weights 6 days a week, do cardio 5 times a week, and eat ENOUGH food, and you will keep trying and not give up!!!!!!!!! You will learn and learn and learn until you start dropping weight, and not muscle but bodyfat!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You just might not be ready to make the change. But I will say this, change will start when the pain of being the same is greater then the pain of change.

Best of luck for the future xxx