Gym Story To Share!

Options
13»

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to my eye, thank you so much for sharing this truly awesome story....Tamara
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I love this story!!!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Aw I love that!! :)
  • DeepBreaths
    Options
    MFP needs more posts like this.... so sweet!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nicole, you touched that woman's life today and by doing so inspired her and all of us who've read this post! You are awesome!!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Such a great story! I also love the term "wog" :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Nicole, Thank you for your very inspiring story. Heavy people, like myself over 300lbs, need encouragement like that from people in the gym. Four months ago I signed up at the local gym. First day I went not one person said anything to me. I just stopped going. The end. Then I decided I was paying for it, I'm going! This is my second week and one person has said HI to me, one. No one has offered me advise, tricks of the trade, or encouragement. Nicole, YOU are the reason that I am going to continue to go the gym. Thank you ~ thank you!! Melissa

Melissa...... please don't take your experience at the gym personally. Many (myself included) go to the gym with the intent to get in and get out. I would honestly be afraid to offer up advice to someone else at the gym if it wasn't requested. Many wear headphones and get in a zone. I do smile at those I pass and often talk to some when I'm done and getting ready to leave, they are usually done as well. I know it can be intimidating, but if you want advice or assistance, please don't be afraid to ask. Most would be willing to help, but you can't assume they know you want it. I do hope that you continue going and I think it's wonderful that what Nicole shared has inspired you (it truly was an amazing story)...... Tamara
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! If you see her again tell her to join MFP and we can all be friends :)

This one.
    I agree it is an amzing story and that it made your night, how awesome for you, but look at what it would have meant for her as well. You helped her to achieve something she thought she couldn't. All I can say is WELL DONE!!!!!! :)
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ahhh *tear* thats awesome! Paying it forward! You'll be double blessed for that!!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    what an awesome story!!! Congrats to you BOTH.

Cheers to those who kick us in the *kitten* when we don't have the strength (or flexibility) to reach our own. ;)
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nice! Well done you!!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Great story and how good did it make you feel to give that bit of a nudge and encouragement. Well done
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Wow. Pretty cool! I recently started running 5K and I will be thinking of her on my runs now. I got nothing on that!

If you see her again and if you haven't already, you should tell her about MFP!
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. Awesome story.