Poptarts?

Options

Replies

• guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them growing up but the last time I got them, they just tasted like chemicals to me. If I want something sweet I'll go for some toast with jam. Or just some fruit.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    If I ate a Poptart for breakfast, no doubt I would be eating fast food by lunch and munching on peanut butter cups that evening. But, I'm not a body builder. :wink:

lol... I agree!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure all this out with my sugar intake. New here and I know to run from a poptart...lol
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    S'mores poptarts are made with 'natural flavors' (it says so in the ingredients) that means they're healthy.
    Also, I'm glad to see they now have poptart minis. Those old poptarts were so bulky and cumbersome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are cool every now and then. Cherry flavor for me. And for the haters....................don't hate because you may not handle them well. Many of the "supporters" of Poptarts here happen to be some of the fittest and healthiest on the site. We are that way because we just don't count on food as "make or break" for health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    I love Poptarts! The hot fudge sundae ones are my favorite! (:

strawberry milkshake! Taste best frozen :D

Never thought about freezing them. Deff have to try that out
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    S'mores poptarts are made with 'natural flavors' (it says so in the ingredients) that means they're healthy.
    Also, I'm glad to see they now have poptart minis. Those old poptarts were so bulky and cumbersome.

LMAO... natural flavors means healthy? LMFAO
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    poptarts are for skinny people who cant stay hungry, forget to eat meals, and cant gain any weight... hungry people like me never touch pop tarts il feel hungry a minute after i eat them i dont care if it fits my macros.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LMAO... natural flavors means healthy? LMFAO

I know, right?
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Growing up we never got PopTarts. We always got Toast'Ems. Always envied the neighbors who had real PopTarts :(
    ****ing Toast'Ems. i cannot curse them enough.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Poptarts are cool every now and then. Cherry flavor for me. And for the haters....................don't hate because you may not handle them well. Many of the "supporters" of Poptarts here happen to be some of the fittest and healthiest on the site. We are that way because we just don't count on food as "make or break" for health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agree with this ^^

Hateraid for the haters. Calorie free, natural, not tested on animals.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    in the winter time i love love LOVE the sugar cookie ones. we buy 1 box, and it's dessert once a week for the month of december. he eats other flavors all the time with a banana for breakfast. but he's 5'10 and 168 pounds. he can get away with it.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Gross. They taste like youth and poverty combined.

If I'm looking for high carb, low fat, low protein, I can have a slice of gingerbread. French toast made with cinnamon raisin bread. I could eat a banana marshmellow sandwich thing (though that kind of tastes like youth and poverty too).

I can think of.... like 700 things I'd eat before eating a pop tart.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My family lived and traveled around a little bit on a sailboat for a while when I was younger, and I remember having Pop-Tarts for breakfast fairly often -- because when it's barely past dawn, you're needed on deck right away, and you're facing an entire day on your feet, nothing beats grabbing a neat little package of carbohydrates and deliciousness from the locker on your way up, especially when you're twelve. My mother didn't like us having them, because they weren't healthy; my father didn't care and bought them anyway. XD

I don't like them anymore, though. Bit sad, really; I have some happy memories associated with Pop-Tarts (or, once my mother got her way, the all-natural organic knock-off version).

Edit: Sorry for waxing nostalgic for an entire paragraph.

That was actually a really nice read- a refreshing break in what's sure to be an 'argument thread'. Thanks :D
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love Poptarts, especially the brown sugar and cinnamon. They are so good. I will eat them on my higher carb days as long as I work out. Definitely worth the bloat.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    cardboard with melted crayons on top. delicious.
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They're delicious... I personally don't want to waste 400 calories on them, but if they fit into your allotment, who cares.

Obviously they're not nutritious, at all... but you can't deprive yourself of everything. In the grand scheme of things, a couple of poptarts every now and again isn't going to kill you or your diet.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    where is zipnguyen when we need him?
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    cardboard with melted crayons on top. delicious.
    So true! :laugh:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I always forget that sarcasm and dry humor is lost on most, especially when it comes to the interwebs.