Poptarts?

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Although, let's no kid ourselves, toaster struedels are far superior to the poptart.
  • fitbydons
    fitbydons Posts: 19
    Options
    They have 0 nutritional value, full of sugar, and minimal amount of fat/protein.
  • d4rkn3ss06
    Options
    The special k crisped taste just like poptarts to me and only have 100 calories. The downside is not a ton of flavors

^^ agreed!!! The crisp taste just like poptarts!! They are 100 calories and a nice snack or quick break fast with milk!! :) and if you toast them in a toaster oven they are warm and gooey! :)
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    Although, let's no kid ourselves, toaster struedels are far superior to the poptart.

I REALLY, REALLY hate toaster strudels. I don't know why, but every time I see those commercials where they talk about their superiority over the Poptart I get mad they are mis-treating that Poptart! ;-P
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I make my BLT's with 16 slices of bacon, lettuce and tomato and put it between two toasted Pop Tarts. Cherry works best.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I make my BLT's with 16 slices of bacon, lettuce and tomato and put it between two toasted Pop Tarts. Cherry works best.

All you need after that is a quick defibulation and it's off to take on the day!! haha
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I didn't quite know what to make for dinner the other night, I ended up having beer and a plate of bacon. True story.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are cool every now and then. Cherry flavor for me. And for the haters....................don't hate because you may not handle them well. Many of the "supporters" of Poptarts here happen to be some of the fittest and healthiest on the site. We are that way because we just don't count on food as "make or break" for health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^THIS... and yes please check my diary. For the exception of yesterday, I eat pop tarts daily :bigsmile:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    where is zipnguyen when we need him?

^^^oh that's funny
  • zipnguyen
    Options

Actually cookie13b has made a bacon, peanut butter, pop tart sandwich. And, ralphb22 made a chicken breast pop tart sammie. I have pictures and very serious
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    oh btw just in case, there are "organic" pop tarts
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

A lot of bodybuilders eat them as a post/pre workout carb source.

yes, I know...LOL
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I love Poptarts...well actually the blueberry Kroger brand. The name brand Poptarts aren't as good as Kroger's. I haven't eaten them in months though because I have control issues lol.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Just sayin...

berto.jpg
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    S'mores poptarts are made with 'natural flavors' (it says so in the ingredients) that means they're healthy.
    Also, I'm glad to see they now have poptart minis. Those old poptarts were so bulky and cumbersome.

LMAO... natural flavors means healthy? LMFAO

It's called sarcasam..I know..it's early.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    S'mores poptarts are made with 'natural flavors' (it says so in the ingredients) that means they're healthy.
    Also, I'm glad to see they now have poptart minis. Those old poptarts were so bulky and cumbersome.

LMAO... natural flavors means healthy? LMFAO

It's called sarcasam..I know..it's early.

^^^^^LOL...well played ma'am
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The main difference is a psychological one. Can you eat just one/two? Will it not trigger binge eating? Do you exhibit self control? If yes, any simple carb/processed food/empty calorie snack is fine as long as you're within a calorie goal. But as someone who's recently tried IIFYM and miserably failed as it triggered a massive binge week resulting in a 7lb gain, eating such foods is never a good idea. For me it was Rice Krispies treats. I'd eat one and like a crack addict near a crackhouse I'd eat two, then three, then an entire box of cereal without even knowing what happened. The massive sugar influx made me feel like crap and I didn't even train. That said, if you're an ectomorph/mesomorph go ahead, enjoy them.

Last but not least...
    poptart1red1.gif
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are cool every now and then. Cherry flavor for me. And for the haters....................don't hate because you may not handle them well. Many of the "supporters" of Poptarts here happen to be some of the fittest and healthiest on the site. We are that way because we just don't count on food as "make or break" for health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Absolutely true. To ME any drink, other than water, is a bunch of empty calories. BUT, I still indulge from time to time and don't pretend that I don't have anything "bad" or "empty". Point- nothing is wrong in moderation. So pop tart haters, get off your high horse. If you switched the word (Pop Tart) with Coca Cola or Pepsi, you wouldn't have anything to say........ well, maybe....."But I drink Diet".
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Toaster Strudels >> Poptarts you damn heathens!!!

=)
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump for a great thread that I want to watch the arguments continue...LOL