Replies

• BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i've started to hide the scale :)
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everytime I visited the bathroom, lol. I only record on a Monday morning though
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If you're the type of person who can't stand fluctuation weighing less often is desirable.

If you recognize up and down fluctuation is just plain going to happen there's nothing wrong with weighing in frequently.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Have someone hide the scale! Seriously...I have had to do it!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Weighing in daily would not benefit me. I also would not benefit doing it weekly. I have been doing it in the first day of each month first thing in the morning. But, if u are able to handle seeing the fluctuations, weigh whenever u need too. YOU need to be comfortable with what YOU are doing! Good luck to you!

That's what I do too. Then I know what I'm seeing is real progress :) so much more satisfying than agonizing over fluctuations!
  • killingtheantagonist
    killingtheantagonist Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I mean check everyday if you must.
    I know I do.
    Just record it once a week, not everyday.
    Like choose Friday and that's the day you actually record the weight every week.
    There's no point in becoming obsessed with the numbers on the scale.
    You should look for inches lost more than anything.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with weighing in every day?

I believe it's suggested not to do it everyday because your weight will fluxuate daily depending on water levels, etc.
    The best is supposed to be once a week. My problem is I "have" to know everyday.

Actually, mathematically or scientifically (whatever you wanna call it), the best way to differentiate between a fluctuation and an actual increasing/decreasing trend, is to take more samples (as in weigh in more often). So I weigh myself everyday. The only way it's a problem is if you're the type of person who gets freaked out by seeing fluctuations.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with weighing in every day, I do. I'm not stressed over it I fluctuate up and down a bit and use it as a guide. I'd rather take care of gaining two lbs right away than whn it's 5+. Again, its my preference.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Just don't let it bother you. I weigh in whenever I feel like it, sometimes it's everyday sometimes it's a few times a week. I only log when I see a loss and I don't worry about occasional fluctuations. Remember that it's just a number and there are a lot of factors that go into your weight so a gain isn't necessarily a real gain!
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day.. more than once a day. It's the very first thing I do when I get up & it's the last thing I do before I go to bed. I weigh quite a few times in between also. I log my weight once a week - Friday mornings (whether it's a gain or a loss)..

I don't see anything wrong with weighing every day. It's not hurting anybody.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you, get rid of the scale and weigh once a week somewhere else. I do not have a scale in my house. If it bothers you because someone said so don't let it. As was said its not hurting anyone.
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I don't get it when people say "only weigh yourself once a week because your weight fluctuates on a daily basis." How do you know you aren't weighing yourself on a day when your weight IS fluctuating to a higher weight than normal? My weight is pretty consistent anyway - my scale is accurate to 100g and the first thing I do every morning (after going to the loo) is to step on the scales and it's been EXACTLY the same weight for two days running now. It's just one of those things I have to know.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day.

Each morning before breakfast. When I got close to my 55lb mark I was stepping on it twice a day and feeling like I was sneaking a peek at Christmas presents =P I am a bit of a dork.

Weighing in daily has actually helped me identify my bloat days, and made the days after that even more awesome
    cause the numbers go down drastically, for me anyway.

I use it as a gauge to see how I am doing.

Unless you are losing sleep over the potential weight the next day, I would say stop worrying about daily weigh ins.Weigh in daily if you want, weigh in once a week, once a month, it's totally up to you and how often you want to step on a scale.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh myself first thing in the morning too. If you don't feel like the number on the scale is driving you crazy then there's no problem with being curious.
    If you have negative feelings associated with weighing/the scale then I'd suggest not doing it.

I know that my weight fluctuates and that if I go to a bar on Saturday night or a buffet or a restaurant where I order a 'not-so-healthy' meal...then I'll see the consequences of that on the scale. I don't worry about it...I just wanna know what I weigh when I wake up.

Don't worry about it unless it stresses you out. And don't stress youself out by listening to what someone else is telling you. Lots of people shouldn't weigh themselves daily b/c they put too much weight on the number they see (see what I did there?). LOL. But if you're fine with knowing you're going to fluctuate then don't worry about it.
  • dking421
    dking421 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ha! If you have the willpower to resist unhealthy foods and eat what is right I believe you have the willpower to resist the scale daily:flowerforyou: . It appears to be a motivator or reward for you. The trouble is, if you don't lose each day you will become discouraged. I have found I do better weighing once a week because I DON'T know what my body is doing in terms of weight loss and want to be extra deligent so that I do see a weight loss each week. If I weigh each day and see I am losing, I may be tempted to binge because I know I have some leeway until the next weigh in. Just my weird mixed-up way of thinking. Any excuse to eat what I want.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you're the type of person who can't stand fluctuation weighing less often is desirable.

If you recognize up and down fluctuation is just plain going to happen there's nothing wrong with weighing in frequently.

I can recognize the fluxuation as going to happen...but it would/will be nice to see more of a difference than 0.2-0.8 lbs up/down.