Fat Flush Soup

Options
I have been asked to post the recipe for the Fat Flush Soup that we are doing this week at our house. The instructions call for this soup to be eaten for 4-7 days, twice per day (preferably lunch and dinner) with a small salad or non-starchy vegetables. You can Google "Fat Flush Soup" and find several sites that have information about it. The first batch I did this week was with lean beef, and today I am making a batch with chicken. I have eaten it for three days, only once per day instead of two (just because of being gone, etc.), and have lost 4 pounds. You can have up to 3 cups of the soup per serving - but it is VERY filling (the most I have been able to eat at one sitting is 1.5 cups!) Apparently the specific combination of vegetables, lean meat, and the V8 juice helps flush out fat! Amazing stuff - tastes SO good!

Fat Flush Soup
2 tsp. olive oil

1 ¼ lbs. lean ground beef, turkey or chopped chicken*

1 large onion, peeled and chopped

1 large red, orange and/or green pepper, seeded and chopped

1 large zucchini or yellow squash, chopped

8 oz. mushrooms, chopped

2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped

1 bottle (46 oz.) reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice

1 can (15 oz.) pinto, garbanzo or black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes

1 Tbs. fresh lime juice

1 Tbs. ground cumin

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste

1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, chopped

1: In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 sec. or until heated. Add beef, turkey or chicken. Cook 5 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; drain, if desired.

2: In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

3: Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked meat. Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup, if desired. Cover; bring soup just to a simmer (do not let boil). Reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. more. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Soup can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen.

*Or for vegetarian option, omit meat and add another can of beans.

Replies

• derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is there anywhere to find the nutritional values/calories per servings and all that good info we have to log? I love soup and the fact that you can make a big batch of this and be done cooking for a few days sounds great! Thanks for the post.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Fat Flush Soup.... you will be flushing garenteed after eating that!!! Gross....
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Overall, looks like a good tasty soup full of nutrients
    Not so sure about the science behind the "fat flushing " though!:smile:
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Is that all you eat the whole day?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I tried this once, and I was flushing a lot more all week. :blushing:
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Is that all you eat the whole day?

I want to know this too.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Just the name alone sounds delicious.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I, too, enjoy chili.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I, too, enjoy chili.
    Dude, it won't flush fat if you call it chili.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about its fat flushing potential but it sure sounds tasty
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the "FAT FLUSH" part, but it does sound like a good recipe for a yummy, filling soup!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • hdneicy
    hdneicy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Overall, looks like a good tasty soup full of nutrients
    Not so sure about the science behind the "fat flushing " though!:smile:

All of the fiber will have you flushing, and since the veggies and liquid make it filling, you may not crave other calories. I would be concerned about the sodium content, even with low sodium tomato juice.
  • lorrie0217
    lorrie0217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! THANKS! HC
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'll probably make it and give it a different name. I dunno about fat flushing, but it does sound tasty to me. This is the type of stuff I normally eat. Thanks.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    *weeping softly*

CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI CHILI

*slowly going mad*
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That looks pretty good. I think it would be a nice side dish with our beef enchiladas. Yum!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a tasty Chicken and Veg soup, but I wouldn't believe the pseudo-science about flushing fat from your body, that's not really how things work.

You should also include calorific values for this recipe and, if known, the other nutritional data you'd find in typical database entries - just so people can evaluate that and build it into their daily targets
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I'm not sure about its fat flushing potential but it sure sounds tasty
    Everyone knows that fat is flushed out in your urine.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/438315-when-is-a-pound-lost-and-where-does-it-go?page=1#posts-6053218