What time is dinner time?

Options
124»

Replies

• Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Sorry but that is completely false and unhelpful at all. See if meal time does matter then how come people from Spain and Latin America has a lower obesity rate compared to US despite them eating as late as 11pm. Whether you eat before 7:30 or not but if you are eating on a calorie surplus then it doesn't really matter, you'll still gain weight.

VERY TRUE !
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It depends. I work in a restaurant and so on nights that I'm working I can't eat until around 9:30 or 10pm. These nights it's usually something light, I'll have a big lunch instead, or I hope to have extra calories b/c I'll end up having a slice of pizza (I used to devour 1/2+ a pizza regularly). When I'm at home dinner is usually about 6:30 with my boyfriend and son.

I agree that it doesn't matter what time you eat, I just have a harder time eating that much late at night.
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Usually between 6 and 7...
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Here in France we NEVER eat before 7pm, and it is usually around 8... So no nutritionist would recommand to eat before, because it would simply be impossible to ask that to somebody :D. We do have obesity problems here but nothing worst than any other western country ;)

In Spain, they don't eat before 9pm

Anyway, I think it is not a question of time :)

Exactly! I traveled to Spain and France and saw for myself. In France there's no one at any Restaurant earlier than 7pm eating dinner (perhaps grabbing food to cook at home?). In Spain, you'd be lucky to find a Restaurant open before 9pm for dinner!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    18:30-19:30.
  • naddi9
    naddi9 Posts: 26
    Options
    Depends on the day. Some time between 4 and 5.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    9 to avoid pre bed snacking
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    most days its between 3:45-5:45.
    i dont snack after as im not usually hungry. i eat almost all my calories early in the day.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to know what time people normally eat dinner around?

I dont even start cooking til 7p.m because I dont want to eat at 5p.m and be hungry before I go to bed. And yes, I know that all nutritionists/doctors/trainers etc would say this is bad but it works for me.

Whats works for you?

I just found myself moving to that same schedule and it's working for me. I find that I like eating 7-8pm becasue then I'm less likely to go looking for some snack food later in the evening. I work out at the end of my work day which is at 5pm, so I'm often not even getting home until about 7pm. I do try to eat some sort of high-protein snack with a complex carb in the late afternoon so that I'm not starving by the time I eat dinner.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Between 6 and 6:30 and that's really just because that's the soonest I can get done with dinner once I get home from work. If your hungry, you should eat. Just be reasonable with your portions and try not to eat something that could upset your stomach (remember, your laying down at night). Good luck!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    3-4pm
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Any later than six and I'm a monster. I'd like to eat at 4:30 because I'm secretly an old lady, apparently.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Some time between 4 and 5.

Finally, someone who eats around the same time as me! After reading these posts, I thought I was the only one. I eat breakfast at 6am, snack at 9am, lunch at 11am, another snack at 2pm; when I get off work at 4pm and I am SOOO hungry. I usually have some activity in the evening and work out afterwards...........so I snack again around 10pm. I am an eating machine!! :noway:
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    5:30-6
  • Modern_athena
    Modern_athena Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Meal time does not matter. As for me, well things are a bit different from where I come from. People usually have lunch at 4 pm. I usually don't eat dinner. My basic rule: "listen to your body." I only eat when I'm hungry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    I do believe it does matter! I just read several articles the other day about how eating less than three hours before bedtime will not give your body time to burn the necessary calories while you sleep. You will only gain weight as you sleep instead of burn calories. I recommend that you just plant to eat at least three hours before bedtime whenever that may be. That way I didn't eat sooo early that I crave late night snacks and I've digested enough that I'm not going to bed on a full stomach.
    Problem is there's no actual science to prove this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition