• jinxee
    jinxee Posts: 4
    Options
    Great post for us tall women to lurk in :happy:

I was thinking the exact same thing!
  • Idumt1
    Idumt1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im not 6'3... I am 6 even but was 300 lbs. Looking for others to motivate and to motivate them.. ADD ME
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    6'5" currently at 300 after a bad long weekend, but down from 380. I started Insanity this week...if any big guys are trying that or have done it feel free to add me!
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread just makes me happy! Carry on fellas!
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    6'5", trying to get under 200
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    so us short guys should all just get under a bus eh
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    6'5" currently at 300 after a bad long weekend, but down from 380. I started Insanity this week...if any big guys are trying that or have done it feel free to add me!

I've been looking at insanity. Friend request sent.
  • chasin724
    chasin724 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just tired of wearing Steve Harvey suits..
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    oops, sorry guys, am I interrupting? <looks around innocently> LOL carry on...... :love:
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    6'4" 232lbs. Started at 250 and looking to get to 200-210. somewhere in that area.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    6'3"
    SW - 395
    CW - 288
    GW - 235
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Where all my sasquatch brothers at? I joined MFP 40 days ago and since then I lost 35 lbs. and 10 before that. I want a larger support group of buddies like myself to kick this fat in the butt. I have 100 more pounds to lose and I want em as close to gone as i can get them by this christmas. Who is with me?!

I am 6'3" and have lost close to 80 lbs since January.. I started at 344 and have a goal of 225 but that is adjustable... Yes, my bmi says I have to be 200 to be within normal limits BUT I have instituted weight training as well so I am not sure that is what is best for me with my lean body mass... I will re-evaluate the closer I get.

The key is though.. do what you do as a lifestyle change... If you get there in 7 months... fine... If not, that is ok too... It is getting to KEEP it off once you get there that matters and doing it safely. I have averaged about 12-15 lbs per month and have had a pretty steady loss. I feel much better and am stronger than I have been in my life by following a sensible weight program and eating plenty of protein. We who are taller actually CAN lose a bit faster and it shows up faster than those who are altitudinally challenged. It is one of the perks of being altitudinally blessed.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm just tired of wearing Steve Harvey suits..

No one should be subjected to that
  • sprgrvr79
    sprgrvr79 Posts: 4
    Options
    I feel like a shorty checking in at 6'2" but I started out at around 315 in January. This morning I weighed in and am proud to say I've dropped to 289. My ultimate goal is the 220's. I love MFP so far as it makes it easy to track calories. I'm able to come in under 2k most days. So far light cardio and strength training have done it for me. I'm firming up and my clothes are fitting better. I was in a pretty dark place when I started to focus on losing weight and didn't think I could do it. For anyone out there who thinks it's too hard or that you just can't get it done....YOU CAN!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love me some tall men, woo hoo!
  • jeepdude56
    jeepdude56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    45-year old FWM (that's Fat White Male), 6'-4", seeking to break long-term romances with donuts, chips, ice cream and the recliner. Recent love interests include increased activity level, more water, and eating healthier. Krispy or Dunkin' need not apply.

Started out at 291, joined MFP at 277, got down to almost an 1/8 of a ton (that's 250 lbs if math is not your stronger subject). Then fell off the wagon for a bit and gained 8 of it back ... son of a biscuit eater! Hoping to be down to 240 by summers end.

You say OVER-weight .. I say UNDER-height ... two sides to every coin.
  • cmcniece
    cmcniece Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Holy Thread Revival Batman :laugh: . Another tall guy, 6'3" and 297-300ish right now. Finally getting serious about getting back in shape. Played basketball and soccer in HS in the 190-195 range. Just discovered MFP and seems pretty awesome. Trying to get back down to 195-215 range. Feel free to add me.
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    6'4 266
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

oh yes ... :) carry on fellas - keep up the great job!!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    6'4" here with well over 100 left to lose, feel free to add me !