Who is reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" series?

Options

Replies

• bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm into BDSM and no one in my "community" likes it!

I've read blog posts along the line of "this is what I did last Saturday" that were more hot and smutty.
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Am on book 3 only because after all the hype I ordered all 3 on my kindle and I can't ever start anything and not finish as bad as it may be. First one was cheesy but tolerable, funny even. Second one was getting on my nerves; I don't care how hot and damaged that dude is, he is a nightmare and Ana just annoys me completely... And the sex scenes... snooze after the first 5 repeats... Overhyped for real!
  • tunegrita83
    tunegrita83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    on a hot scale.. very mild

I guess if you've actually experienced anything D/s like, this is pretty tame.
    Take s a while to get into it with the writing style... but entertaining enough
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Im going to write a book.....it will be about a young woman who is a virgin if you dont count oral and anal,and falls in love with a zombie who then controls her daily life while teaching her the joys of descovering her "inner sex goddess" it shall be called 50 stages of decomposition
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok - curiousity got the better of me and I read the first one. I won't bother with the others. Seriously - Ana was so annoying. And Christian is no Dom. LOL

Besides, how can you tell a halfway decent BDSM story through the eyes of a virgin who doesn't even *kitten* (but somehow manages to be a sex goddess and continually shock him). I mean, really? She used his toothbrush and that was supposedly something SHOCKING to him. And made him admire her? What?! It had great potential as an idea, but the execution is not worth the hype.
    LOL, I know, right? I wanted to gag when he "gasped" because she was wearing his underwear....Seriously? The guy ties women up and whips them, but THIS he finds shocking? Give me a break!

OK, I hated the books but I did get this. The reason he is shocked by these things is because he isn't used to someone behaving normally. she is, in his eyes, taking liberties that he isn't used to his subs taking.

Surprised and amused, I'd buy. Still not buying gasping with shock, particularly since he knows she wouldn't know any better.
  • StephyJaye
    StephyJaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just finished the trilogy last night, in the wee hours! I enjoyed them very much.

The writing was poor, the characters annoying.. But it seems that lately that is what I am drawn to in a book. It's basically a Twilight fan fic. So its only fitting the writing be poor, the characters be annoying... Right? LOL
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    *steps in carefully*

I'm trying to get my wife to read these books as I've heard the husbands tend to reap the benefits. No luck yet.

i know mine will.

i think the books are fun and funny! pure entertainment.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Thats what I was saying...same thing.....
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what the fuss was about but I probably won't now.

Bad writing, douche canoe male character and weak women? Not my cup of tea.

He's not a douche he's a Dom and she's supposed to be his Sub. It's (loosely) a story about BDSM.

Eh? So all Doms are douches? I must have had a lucky find with mine then. *smug*

I didn't say they were. I said he's NOT a douche, he's a Dom. I don't think the person who I quoted above understood the whole premise of the story.

ETA: And if you were not responding to my post but what I quoted then just ignore the above and carry on with the discussion of this lame-o book.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I was agreeing with you! Sheesh! And also the person earlier who asked.

And anyway, I'm pretty sure your bdsm community isn't the same one as mine.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I was agreeing with you! Sheesh! And also the person earlier who asked.

And anyway, I'm pretty sure your bdsm community isn't the same one as mine.

Yeah, I doubt it....it was me that asked, that is why I replied to your post.....
  • JustaSCgirl
    Options
    I have read the first and really could not put it down. I am not much of a reader, but I did like it. I think sexually I am open to alot of things and the Dom/Sub is interesting to a point for me. In the 2nd book I dont know if I could be like the ex... the was she refers to him out of the bedroom as Master. I mean inside it's one thing but to be out it's another. And maybe that is where her problem was...I hear people say they are badly written, but I enjoy them and really is that not all that matters? If you like them great read on, if not well atleast you gave if a try!!
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I am about 3/4ths of the way through the first book. I feel as tho if my mom catches me reading this book I am going to get grounded for life. It is so good tho. I just can't put it down. I was on the treadmill yesterday reading it and the lady besides me intterupts me and says " I am sorry I just have to ask. Is that book as GOOD as I have heard it is". I just laughed and said "ohh yes, better in fact".
  • alars09
    alars09 Posts: 27
    Options
    I've just started hearing about these. I will have to start reading them!
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I just received my books and I hear its pretty explicit so I cant wait to get started!
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    These are the very next books on my list after I finish the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I've heard mixed reviews on goodreads.com, but I like that kinda stuff so I'm pretty sure I'll love the books. Can't wait :) I'd start now but I'm OCD about finishing a series I've started before starting a new one haha
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am! Loving it! :) So good! I'm about half way through book 2.
    :blushing:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i havent read any of them...but now i may have to just to form my own opinion lol :)

hehe me too....
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE these books, I'm in to book 3 and hate to put it down, but dang work gets in the way. I hate the fact that there is no more after this. Such hot and intense...lol:wink:
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    After seeing all the hype I decided to check them out, my opinion was that they were just "ok".
    I think though that you just have to read them for the fluff that they are and not look too much into whether or not it's realistic etc.