Can't seem to eat enough calories!

Options
124»

Replies

• FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had trouble too meeting my calorie goal, because yes.... before I came to this site I was eating fast food and the calories were adding up. When you change your lifestyle, and want to do it the right way, you are more self conscience of what you are eating and putting into your mouth. You count the calories, you eat the veggies, eat the lean meats... do everything the way you are supposed to and the calories ARE different than fast food crap, or ho-ho's. I'm not complaining about the lack of calories, I'm thankful, because finally I've learned I can eat MORE of that stuff and finally fill up.

I really wish you the best, and maybe do what most are suggesting with adding more food to your diet? There was a lot of great advice from people that genuinely care. It is a learning experience, trial and error, because everyone's body is of course different. Good luck! :smile:
  • lauranneuk
    lauranneuk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    See I totally understand why people say "And you got overweight how?".

I personally got overweight, because I lived on takeaway, chocolate and crisps and zero exercise. When I decided to diet, I wrongly thought that I had to eat low fat everything and live on fruit and veg so then struggled to eat enough to reach my daily calorie intake. It's very easy to do if you don't know. It's only by being on here and getting advice that I actually started to lose any weight. Some people just don't know about nutrition. To OP, like others have said, add a tablespoon of peanut butter, a few nuts etc good fats. Read a few boards, join Pinterest as they have some great meal plans etc. good luck in your journey and feel free to add me if you need support x x x
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    How did you get heavy in the first place?

Eat real food, you'll have no trouble then.
    :noway:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    018559.jpg

plus-sign.jpg

ultimate-soup-spoon.jpg
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Australian-Devondale-Cheddar-Cheese.jpg

plus-sign.jpg

stock-photo-364272-silver-fork.jpg

FWIW I'm doing a spoon of PB and a 2"x2"x2" block of cheddar cheese right now to hit my calorie goals.
  • Leighjr
    Leighjr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The junk food bit always makes me chuckle, I was thinnest when eating no breakfast unless you count coffee and a rustlers burger about 7pm

Or for a change, Chicago town pizza, 3 minutes in microwave, nice cd sized pizza or meal in a tin (hey, only needed to wash up a fork then)

Eating that type I looked nice and slim, someone said basically because although I ate nothing in morning etc I then received a large boost of calories from the junk which lasted til the next time.

Now that I try to reach at least 1200 I see where I was going wrong after people started moaning about previous eating habits so tried kievs etc .. They are a lot less than I thought, I thought both kievs and beans would be way past the 1200 .. Oh was I wrong