can someone explain...

Options
RocketsGirl
RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
so I have to ask...why do people hate Nickleback so much?

Seriously I do not understand. Sure their lyrics can be a bit corny sometimes but so are a LOT of other bands out there. However, Nickleback seems to bring out a whole other level of hatred.

So can someone explain this?

*and yes I am a Nickleback fan. I listen to all kinds of music but I do really love them.

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Big fan here too.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I don't like them... Had no idea many people hated them... Since they obviously still make hit songs
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Same reason they hate Rick Astley? I actually like him. :-)

I think it's just something funny that people say. I bet a lot of the Nickelback haters have a secret room in their houses that is floor to ceiling posters and CDs of Nickelback. :laugh:

Honestly, though, I never realized that band was anything more than a flash in the pan, one hit wonder type of thing until I started seeing all the Internet buzz.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    it's because they're hilariously awful. they have become the symbol of all hilariously awful rock bands the same way justin beiber is the symbol of all hilariously awful pop-teen-idols
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    it's because they're hilariously awful. they have become the symbol of all hilariously awful rock bands the same way justin beiber is the symbol of all hilariously awful pop-teen-idols

^^This. Their lyrics are uber cliche. Their instrumental abilities are severely lacking, and they are just...generic. As someone once said, Nickelback is like that annoying guy down the street who hasn't showered in three months and walks around with a strong sense of pride. He's the guy you want to move away from.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    well musically speaking they really arnt that good of a band I mean their guitarist isnt worth a **** I know so many people in their teens that are way better than he is, he doesnt really DO anything, and they just capitolize on peoples emotions they just sing songs that make people remember sad times and stuff which everyone has felt so they win, their music isnt really original or anything and they dont seem to put much work into it, just a simple riff and some lyrics that sound like a 16yr old girl going through a breakup just wrote it
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    well musically speaking they really arnt that good of a band I mean their guitarist isnt worth a **** I know so many people in their teens that are way better than he is, he doesnt really DO anything, and they just capitolize on peoples emotions they just sing songs that make people remember sad times and stuff which everyone has felt so they win, their music isnt really original or anything and they dont seem to put much work into it, just a simple riff and some lyrics that sound like a 16yr old girl going through a breakup just wrote it

You win for the longest run-on sentence, EVER.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I was having problems with bad fatigue and motivation when my doctors discovered I had low testosterone. After weeks of testing with no idea why it had dropped to almost nothing, my doc began asking me about my personal life, hobbies, and activity. He finally figured out that the 15-20 minutes a day I spent in the car with my wife listening to her new Nickleback CD was destroying my testosterone output. He gave me a note ordering my wife to stop playing it around me or I would waste away to nothing.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like em...I don't give a flip.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Variety is the spice of life. What an incredibly horrible world we would live in if we all listened to the same music.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's really just an ongoing inside internet joke. *shrug*
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    dude sings like he's pooping
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I LOVE NICKELBACK!!! No idea why people hate them... just thought I'd put in my one cent.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I was having problems with bad fatigue and motivation when my doctors discovered I had low testosterone. After weeks of testing with no idea why it had dropped to almost nothing, my doc began asking me about my personal life, hobbies, and activity. He finally figured out that the 15-20 minutes a day I spent in the car with my wife listening to her new Nickleback CD was destroying my testosterone output. He gave me a note ordering my wife to stop playing it around me or I would waste away to nothing.

omg this explains my chronic fatigue!

I've been listening to Nickleback with my clients (who have MR and therefore LOVE Nickleback, and oh, i only WISH i was joking about that), at least twice a week.

I'm so relieved.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Same reason they hate Rick Astley? I actually like him. :-)

I think it's just something funny that people say. I bet a lot of the Nickelback haters have a secret room in their houses that is floor to ceiling posters and CDs of Nickelback. :laugh:

Honestly, though, I never realized that band was anything more than a flash in the pan, one hit wonder type of thing until I started seeing all the Internet buzz.

rick-astley1.jpg?w=403
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

^^This. Their lyrics are uber cliche. Their instrumental abilities are severely lacking, and they are just...generic. As someone once said, Nickelback is like that annoying guy down the street who hasn't showered in three months and walks around with a strong sense of pride. He's the guy you want to move away from.

The problem is a lot of people like generic...
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    ..........................................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't like them but I don't hate them either. I think the hate comes from them being a boring radio band. A lot of the hipsters hate them because Pat, the drummer from the Black Keys singled them out in an interview saying that Nickelback is what's wrong with today's music.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I love 3 Doors Down!