can someone explain...

Options

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    well musically speaking they really arnt that good of a band I mean their guitarist isnt worth a **** I know so many people in their teens that are way better than he is, he doesnt really DO anything, and they just capitolize on peoples emotions they just sing songs that make people remember sad times and stuff which everyone has felt so they win, their music isnt really original or anything and they dont seem to put much work into it, just a simple riff and some lyrics that sound like a 16yr old girl going through a breakup just wrote it
    Their songs kind sound line this ^

I mainly hate them because their songs are so overplayed, and they just sound like ever other lame rock band out there.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think they are ok... My husband can't stand them thou. Working in Pro Audio, we both get a different view of the artists true talents. I think their good. Nothing wrong with them. But I do see something wrong with artists that SING and DANCE. Hey People, if have to play tracks on stage when your performing....... Maybe you shouldn't claim to be able to do this, since you really can't.

You know alot of that show is the "Audio Technicians" doing their magic during the show. You know how many electronic devises that are used during a show? Tons..... Try unplugged, for artists true talents. Give me a harmonizer, a mic, a cute outfit.... Hey Im as good Britney Spears... Not... Haaah. I need the bod and the dance moves too. Haah. I think that band is fine. :smile:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was having problems with bad fatigue and motivation when my doctors discovered I had low testosterone. After weeks of testing with no idea why it had dropped to almost nothing, my doc began asking me about my personal life, hobbies, and activity. He finally figured out that the 15-20 minutes a day I spent in the car with my wife listening to her new Nickleback CD was destroying my testosterone output. He gave me a note ordering my wife to stop playing it around me or I would waste away to nothing.

LMAO!!!!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Nickleback killed my father
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Same reason they hate Rick Astley? I actually like him. :-)

I think it's just something funny that people say. I bet a lot of the Nickelback haters have a secret room in their houses that is floor to ceiling posters and CDs of Nickelback. :laugh:

Honestly, though, I never realized that band was anything more than a flash in the pan, one hit wonder type of thing until I started seeing all the Internet buzz.

rick-astley1.jpg?w=403

I love that one. I've seen it as "Things Rick Astley will never do:".
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    nickelback-demotivational.jpg
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    it's because they're hilariously awful. they have become the symbol of all hilariously awful rock bands the same way justin beiber is the symbol of all hilariously awful pop-teen-idols

^This.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    i think theyre just alright...i like theyre older stuff though, the new stuff really isnt great
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just don't like them bc they were sooooooooooooo overplayed. And a good bit of their songs sound the same...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nickelback! I have no idea why people hate them. Their music totally gets me going and ready to party. My fave....Burn it to the Ground!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    it's because they're hilariously awful. they have become the symbol of all hilariously awful rock bands the same way justin beiber is the symbol of all hilariously awful pop-teen-idols

^This.

before Nickleback, we had Creed

but Creed was a little before internet trolls and Nickleback doesn't have the redeeming God factor to explain why anyone might ever be tempted to listen.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options

^This.

before Nickleback, we had Creed

but Creed was a little before internet trolls and Nickleback doesn't have the redeeming God factor to explain why anyone might ever be tempted to listen.

Well, everyone knows Creed sucks!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Nickleback doesn't have the redeeming God factor to explain why anyone might ever be tempted to listen.

I beg to differ. Nickelback's lead singer is the Blonde Jesus.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Nickleback doesn't have the redeeming God factor to explain why anyone might ever be tempted to listen.

I beg to differ. Nickelback's lead singer is the Blonde Jesus.

THERE WILL BE NO INSULTING JESUS

that is highly against forum rules
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't love Nickelback, but I can stand to listen to them. Creed won't get past the first note around me.

*shudder*
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    I like Nickelback but sold tickets I won for over 300 dollars. I liked the money more!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I dig em. Who cares. I also dig Creed and Linkin Park. Good running music.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I like Nickelback but sold tickets I won for over 300 dollars. I liked the money more!

Nickelback tickets go for $300 and I saw BB King for $50.

Something ain't right there!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I used to love Nickelback... but they sold out. They are all commercial and pop now. I think that is where most of the hate comes from.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Nickelback tickets go for $300 and I saw BB King for $50.

Something ain't right there!
    funnyfacebbking.jpg