instead of cream in your coffee....you use??

Options
13»

Replies

• dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    *oops forgot to hit the quote button...again!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So this morning tried 1/2 cup Almond Milk with a tsp of Vanilla extract. Yuck! So I added 1 Tbsp of regular Hazelnut liquid creamer. That was bearable. I really look forward to my 2 big mugs of coffee each day so I'll need to experiment more.
    I saw someone mention coconut milk - is it sweet????
    I may just have to go with Bunneh - have my coffee & creamer and work a little harder exercising!

A tsp of vanilla is a lot for coffee! An entire batch of cookies uses that much so yeah, I bet that was gross. It's also kind of bitter without all the sugar that goes into cookies.

I had a similar result by adding nutmeg to my coffee and about lost it!
  • christina5991
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll try 1/4 cup almond milk and 2 Tbsp of vanilla fat free creamer. That's a good compromise! :))
  • sweetmissy24
    Options
    I use "So Delicioius" brand Coconut Milk creamer. It does not taste like coconut, but it is very creamy. It has 10 calories per tablespoon and only 1g sugar. It is available at Kroger and the health food store. It is really good!!
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and sugar free vanilla syrup... num!!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Fat free reddi-whip or almond milk.

Usually, if I'm not drinking it black, I'll add almond milk to my coffee. I love the taste it adds. However, its pretty watery and doesn't add that nice creamy mouth feel

That's where the fat-free reddi-whip comes in. I love this stuff like a junkie loves crack. Its 5 calories per 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons=5 grams). I find that 2 servings of this stuff is more than enough for a cup of coffee and it gives it a really think richness, just like cream.

There is one downside to the FF reddi-whip: its a bit hard to incorporate it into the coffee. Since it comes out of the can as a foam, you have to break it down and mix it into the coffee. Usually I just pour a cup of coffee into a water bottle, add the whipped cream, and give it a good shake, but its possible to just stir in if you have a bit of patience.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually have my coffee out, so I get 2 Splenda and two 2% milk in mine. Less fat than cream. And it tastes better too!!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I use regular 2 tbsp of flavored creamer. I tried other things and I just dont like it. I refuse to buy sugar free creamer because I cant stand the taste. I make those 2 tbsp fit into my day! :) I only drink one coffee a day though!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    looking for a healthier, lower calorie/fat option......and no milk will not do....must be creamy:bigsmile:

Can I ask why not just use regular cream? I use the full fat kind, 1 tbsp in my 16 oz mug of coffee, and because it's so creamy, a little goes a long way. Also, I dont like the fake creamers, even the dairy based kind, they taste "off" to me, and have loads of sugar that has me crashing an hour later.

One tbsp has like 20 or 30 cals I think, that's a tiny amount for some seriously creamy goodness. :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I use a regular nondairy flavored creamer ..just a tiny bit....and enjoy every drop of it. Only one cup of coffee a day. I used to drink cup after cup but I just cant do that anymore.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Nothing! i like it black... I used to use skim milk and sugar but then they started carrying Gevalia in stores - that stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darn good I can drink it straight... i swear I can eat the grounds :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    coconut milk