how much popcorn is too much?

Options
124»

Replies

• Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    I eat popcorn almost every day ;) I use the brown paper bag method with no oil or my air popper! I portion it out to 100 calories and snack on it at work - or have that instead of chips with my sandwich!

how do you use the paper bag to pop without oil?

put raw popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag, fold the top down twice, stick it in microwave on 4 min, when they stop popping it's done. no oils needed! :)
  • jcohio85
    jcohio85 Posts: 43
    Options
    i get the 100 cal smartpop kettle corn popcorn at walmart and i eat 1 bag a day. its a great mid afternoon snack for me!

sometimes have a second bag for my evening snack bc i love it so much. its not four cups, but its still amazing.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I buy the orville kernels and pop them on my stove top.. I usually eat 4 cups of popcorn with only half a tbsp of olive oil. The olive oil adds no taste, its just mandatory when popping the kernels or else they'll burn and stick to the pan.

anyways, am i eating too much popcorn? I've been told it's healthy and I've become sort of attached to it lol

According to this lawfirm, enough to win the lawsuit is good. Anymore than that (especially if you die before settlement) is too much.

http://www.popcornlung.com/
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is superhero food, just like steel cut oats. I eat popcorn everyday, it's like sunshine in a bag. I oil pop mine in a popcorn kettle machine. Then give i kick it up a notch with some seasonings. I stopped adding butter and salt and I don't miss it. :wink:

I eat a minimum of 8 cups a day. Enjoy your poppycorn. :smile:

Sunshine in a bag! LOL! Perfect description! Poppity pop pop pop!! :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    If you eat so much that you rupture yourself internally, like that dude in Seven with the spaghettios, that's too much. :wink:

Just mind your calories. Popcorn is perfectly fine.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Too much popcorn?? Sorry, I don't understand the question. How can that even be possible? :noway:

Microwave popcorn mmmmmmmmmmm