How did you find MFP?

Options
cheshirequeen
cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
Totally by accident here. I was bored playing on my new phone(almost 1 1/2 years ago) and was looking under health since new years was coming up. Found this site, loved it, loved the people and now I've been on here since december 2010. What's your story?

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i was looking up calories for something and this site popped up
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter, and found this site. Godsend!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Have a couple friends who were using and their posts showed up on Facebook. So I checked it out.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Brother-In-Law
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    iPhone app.

I was looking for an alternative to the expensive Weight Watchers one. Frankly, this site has more foods listed and makes it way easier to track.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are using it and they encouraged me to check it out; I love them for it, because MFP is amazing and has helped me change my lifestyle to a healthy happy one!

9821387.png
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was looking for 30DS reviews.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Neighbor mentioned it on facebook.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying to lose weight and so I downloaded every calorie counter app, health apps, etc...and narrowed it down to this one....months months later found out there was a forum online. I love it here :)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    My mom found it and told me about it. I started using the site and got hooked.
  • KikiCS
    KikiCS Posts: 27
    Options
    I found it through a group that I joined on FB. I'm happy I did... :-)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i was looking up how many calories was in something i was eating and this site poped up. i used to use 'myplate' on livestrong but this was much better so i switched!
  • buttons235
    Options
    I went to the doctors and she mentioned it as she had been using it and found it worked really well for her. A prescription which doesn't cost £7.60!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Have a couple friends who were using and their posts showed up on Facebook. So I checked it out.

Checked it out and loved it ever since!!!! The story of my life...I am on MFP more than I am on FB....hahha
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was doing a search on the net for free weightloss sites & joined another one & saw a comment from somebody saying MFP was awesome.. So I looked it up & here I am ... I love it.. So grateful for that stranger who took the time to go & post that comment.. Been here since January & I am down 32 pounds & 32 inches... Love my friends & this whole site... I have met lifelong friends on here.... Could not be happier.... :flowerforyou:
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I asked a friend at work how she stayed in shape and lost so much weight. She said myfitnesspal. Showed me the app on her phone and told me you will be amazed at the calories you are eating if you are not keeping track. I started that day and now here I am 13 pounds down!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I wanted a simple tracking app for my phone and was sold on the huge database and barcode scanner. I started using the site to log food eaten during class when it's inappropriate to be on my phone (it's probably inappropriate to be on the site too, but my professors can't see it, haha). Then I just happened to go into the forums one day when I noticed an interesting link on the "Recent Forum Topics" sidebar on the homepage.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I used to do a Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness class in my local town, but when the instructor said she might be closing down, a friend (who was leaving anyway because of the cost!) said she had found this and recommended it! I have been on and off the wagon since then, but I've come back to shift the weight again (and hopefully for good this time!).
  • skinyminniedisney
    Options
    Tumblr. I'm on tumblr and was looking under the healthy tag and someone put there diary on there so i looked it up and history was made. Lol
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    (it's probably inappropriate to be on the site too, but my professors can't see it, haha).

We see everything. Mwhaha.

But seriously, it's very easy to tell when someone is distracted.