How did you find MFP?

Options

Replies

• htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think it was because I was looking for an app to track my calories. When I first used it on my phone, I only used it a couple days and then quit. Then a few months later I started back on it again and have been on it since.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    my friend posted on facebook that she was following a diet through mfp, so thought id check it out. needless to say im addicted
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It was mentioned on YACF, a cycling forum I use, and several people have used this site with sucess. I am hooked.
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Looking for calorie counter and came across this. It also had the most and best reviews.
  • boublecat
    boublecat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My friends were on at the time, and it was the easiest diet website I have ever been on and it's FREE! Love it!:heart:
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    My friend that I hadn't seen in years posted a picture of herself on FB and I emailed her to ask her what she was doing and she told me about the app, a month later I saw someone else talking about it so I decided to look it up and I'm so glad I did.... now I'm hooked almost 2 weeks in.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    My buddy Loulou =))
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    telling friends I needed to lose weight and one recommended this site. Was rather unsure at first but then ended up liking it :) And it works for me!!!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    One of the ladies on my babycenter.com birth group mentioned and I thought, what the heck? Best thing to ever happen for my weight loss efforts :) My husband's on now too :)
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options
    I was actually required to sign for up MFP, as a homework assignment for my college nutrition class. Even though I was "forced" to come here, I am staying by choice.

This is same way I found MFP. I am a nursing student pursuing my BSN and was required to sign up, troll the forums, and complete a semester long project that included a self analysis, as well as other critiques, for a clinical nutrition course. The project was very detailed, included other sources, and was 17 pages in length!

I, too, continue utilizing MFP 'by choice', but input many of my own custom settings. It is an excellent tool, but has its flaws, like anything else. With a little tweaking, it becomes the perfect tool! I have recommended it to many and will continue to do so!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was looking for another fitness app on my ipod touch and saw this one. It had high ratings so I figured I'd give it a try. So happy I did.
  • SaiLex15
    SaiLex15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Instagram pictures of fitspo and thinspo.. Got curious and tried it out.. I wanted to lose weight.. But MFP is more than that.. :smile:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    thedailyplate.com turned into garbage when it became livestrong.com
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My friend directed me to it.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    iPhone app and haven't looked back ever since...

:tongue:
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My employer sent out a newsletter with a link to this site.
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    My kindle fire had it on it as an app.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    A friend at work told me about it.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    ex-girlfriend told me about it. funny, i thought it was the other relationship that would last :P
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Listening to a documentary from Quebec (I'm from Montreal) about obesity.