How did you find MFP?

Options

Replies

• KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh, but I was part of the 90% of girls who were dieting at 12, so I saw this website when calorie counting. I had an account, but quit. 6 years later, I'm back. Now, I'm 18 ahaha.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    health and nutrition class in college
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    iPhone app, when I was looking for weight loss apps :)
    LOVE IT!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I told my wife I wanted to lose weight three months ago and she told me about this app she had found.

The rest (and the weight) is history.

:bigsmile:
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I found it as an app on my first Android phone. (I now have it on my new phone, too.)
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    BlackBerry App
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    One of my sorority sisters recommended it :) (when I was here back a couple yrs ago) and then when my wedding was coming up, i came back but didn't officially come back until after my son was born.... Love this place!!!!!
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    a friend recommended ... Thanks Matt!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My former personal trainer actually set up my account with his cell phone. He wanted to see what I was eating. At first I was a little pissed but honestly it was the best thing that he ever did for me. This site became my life line to better health. I no longer have the trainer but I will have this site forever.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A youtube friend of mine mentioned it on her video. I don't know if she still come here but I never lost weight before coming here and I've tried EVERYTHING! I was on my way to WLS but when that didn't work out this was my plan B. Haven't looked back since that's why I shout out MFP on all of my videos!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I overheard a few co-workers talking about losing weight and one of them was telling them about a website she uses. I didn't catch the name of it, so I later emailed her and asked for it.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    From reading a weight loss blog. I love it.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My SO told me about this site, he has been a member for a long time and I am so happy he did. I love it the support I get here and thank you babe.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A friend I go walking with told me about it. She doesn't use it, but her husband does and he lost a bunch of weight, so I downloaded the app for my phone. A month later I found out there were profiles and walls and forums. I kind of think I shouldnt have found that out. lol it's my new facebook. speaking of, I should go check my facebook and see how people on there are doing...
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i was actually just looking for a tracker app (i had used an app called Nook or something before) but this one popped up. I never knew how to weigh in on the mobile app so i would do so on the website and from there i seen a forum topic that interested me and voila
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Was using another app for fewer than 24 hours when a colleague told me she'd been using MFP and loved the database. I took a quick look and that was all I needed.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My sister told me about it when I came home crying about having gained so much weight! Best thing ever=)
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Totally by accident here. I was bored playing on my new phone(almost 1 1/2 years ago) and was looking under health since new years was coming up. Found this site, loved it, loved the people and now I've been on here since december 2010. What's your story?

Was 6 months ago. Can't remember that far back.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Back in the middle of January I began my weight loss regimen after consulting with a weight loss clinic and the doctor associated and they suggested I try logging my foods, gave me a suggested calorie range to stay within every day, and initially I was going to write everything down every day but I checked the app store on my iphone and came across the MFP app, saw it had good reviews, and signed up. It really has helped me with logging my food, exercise, and water and sometimes in the forums I learn new things to try out to further help me. It was actually all the gym-related threads I saw here on MFP that got me to sign up at the Y near me and it's been great.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    a friend put me onto it