Can we ban the "bump" ers?

Options
jodycoady
jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
Soooooo annoying. Can this be stopped on MFP?

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I think the better solution is a subscribe option. People do it so they can go back and read the thread later.
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump.

I'm kidding, I know what you mean. It's fairly annoying. (Please don't ban me :( )
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I think the better solution is a subscribe option. People do it so they can go back and read the thread later.

^^^^^this

bump
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    In the V thread I just put "Sightseeing". It's like the memo line in a check. :wink:
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    BUMP
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    bump.

I'm kidding, I know what you mean. It's fairly annoying. (Please don't ban me :( )

I can't ban you, lol, I do not have the authority. I DO appreciate you sense of humour:happy:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,104 Member
    Options

Only by changing the message boards on MFP. The only way to get a topic in your My Topics is either to reply or bump. If you want it to say there, if you post a lot you need to bump as well. Not to mention when things are busy a very good post could disappear and not be seen when it should be, hence the bump.

Frankly, the message board software here is very weak. A subscribe function with options for notifications when new posts are made would get rid of bump posts. Till then, people, including me, will bump.
  • fitspo124
    fitspo124 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Only by changing the message boards on MFP. The only way to get a topic in your My Topics is either to reply or bump. If you want it to say there, if you post a lot you need to bump as well. Not to mention when things are busy a very good post could disappear and not be seen when it should be, hence the bump.

Frankly, the message board software here is very weak. A subscribe function with options for notifications when new posts are made would get rid of bump posts. Till then, people, including me, will bump.

^ This. Bumps can be very helpful in reviving some great topics. Of course they don't add anything to the topic but they are still useful.

Bumpity bump!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump, bump! :bigsmile:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    No time now, bumping to read later...
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Just because.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "Bring Up My Post" to read later:)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ban the users instead of make the software better.... hmm I like this! Totally going to try this at my job next week :tongue:

/software engineer
    //dang users always causing me problems
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    BUMP
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ban the users instead of make the software better.... hmm I like this! Totally going to try this at my job next week :tongue:

/software engineer
    //dang users always causing me problems

LAWL! hahaha
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    bump it ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!