Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can we ban the "bump" ers?

jodycoady
jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
Soooooo annoying. Can this be stopped on MFP?

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    I think the better solution is a subscribe option. People do it so they can go back and read the thread later.
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    bump.

I'm kidding, I know what you mean. It's fairly annoying. (Please don't ban me :( )
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,064 Member
    BUMP
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    bump
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 684 Member
    I think the better solution is a subscribe option. People do it so they can go back and read the thread later.

^^^^^this

bump
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
    In the V thread I just put "Sightseeing". It's like the memo line in a check. :wink:
  • Tybalt71
    BUMP
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    BUMP!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    bump.

I'm kidding, I know what you mean. It's fairly annoying. (Please don't ban me :( )

I can't ban you, lol, I do not have the authority. I DO appreciate you sense of humour:happy:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,312 Member

Only by changing the message boards on MFP. The only way to get a topic in your My Topics is either to reply or bump. If you want it to say there, if you post a lot you need to bump as well. Not to mention when things are busy a very good post could disappear and not be seen when it should be, hence the bump.

Frankly, the message board software here is very weak. A subscribe function with options for notifications when new posts are made would get rid of bump posts. Till then, people, including me, will bump.
  • fitspo124
    fitspo124 Posts: 26 Member

Only by changing the message boards on MFP. The only way to get a topic in your My Topics is either to reply or bump. If you want it to say there, if you post a lot you need to bump as well. Not to mention when things are busy a very good post could disappear and not be seen when it should be, hence the bump.

Frankly, the message board software here is very weak. A subscribe function with options for notifications when new posts are made would get rid of bump posts. Till then, people, including me, will bump.

^ This. Bumps can be very helpful in reviving some great topics. Of course they don't add anything to the topic but they are still useful.

Bumpity bump!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 684 Member
    bump
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Bumpity, bump, bump, bump! :bigsmile:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    No time now, bumping to read later...
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Bumping. Just because.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    "Bring Up My Post" to read later:)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Ban the users instead of make the software better.... hmm I like this! Totally going to try this at my job next week :tongue:

/software engineer
    //dang users always causing me problems
  • Tybalt71
    BUMP
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Ban the users instead of make the software better.... hmm I like this! Totally going to try this at my job next week :tongue:

/software engineer
    //dang users always causing me problems

LAWL! hahaha
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    bump it ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!