Heart Attack Grill claims another victim...

Options
Apparently a woman in Vegas collapsed while eating a double bypass burger...I felt like I gained a couple of pounds by just reading this article lol Let's hope she doesn't try to sue them for her medical bills.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/heart-attack-grill-collapse_n_1448694.html

Replies

• docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Heart Attack Grill is like a microcosm of what's wrong with the United States' health.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKRSYAuSNg

One thing to read about it, another thing to see it. As much as I want to say I love big burgers, I don't think I could ever eat here
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I saw this place on a recent Food Network episode ....it was ridiculous!!!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Her fault, no one made her eat there. Who doesn't know food from a place called Heart Attack Grill is bad for you.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We had one in my neighborhood it went out of business pretty fast i mean why would anyone wanna eat there the name says it all
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    It's obscene that such a place should even exist!!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have been to the one in Chandler AZ. It was fun because they gown you up and your waitress is dressed up as a nurse. Would I ever go back? Who knows, but I do know I did not eat for the rest of the day and I haven't yet been back since. They feed you for free if you wear over 350 pounds and there was someone there eating for free which is scary. I guess I thought it was fun as a novelty but I worry about anyone who would want to go there on a regular basis.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Her fault, no one made her eat there. Who doesn't know food from a place called Heart Attack Grill is bad for you.

No denying it's the fault of the person who eats there but at some point there should be basic guideline and rules on food establishment especially this one that brags about how unhealthy they are. There is such a thing as corporate responsibility, and yes there is personal responsibility too.
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Heart Attack Grill is like a microcosm of what's wrong with the United States' health.

In a nutshell...well said!
  • MsAprilNurse
    Options
    I had to google this burger to see how it looks. Just one word "ewww". It looks like an instant heart attack. I don't even think I can get hungry enough to eat something like that. And I haven't eaten that kinda food in a while so it just doesn't look appetizing to me. These fast food places and restaurants are serving everything bigger nowadays. I went to Wendy's to get a small diet pepsi which used to be about 10 or 12 oz. Now a small is 20 oz, a medium is 32 oz and a large is about 42oz.
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's quite the headline that it happened there, but it's those people's lifestyle giving them heart attacks ,not the occasional meal at the heart attack grill. I will probably go there next time I'm in Vegas. I love a nice big burger although I would skip the 2 pound 5000 calorie version simply because I couldn't handle it.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is no one at the front door of this restaurant with a loaded gun making you come in and try anything.

I hope the "adults" who do this and then try to sue afterwards aren't raising kids.

These "adults" need to be removed from the gene pool.
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We are the only ones responsible for ourselves. No one else made me over eat to be where I am today. Until people learn that than there are going to be stupid lawsuits out there. Believe me there are enough real reasons to sue company's without blaming them for what we personally can control
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

No denying it's the fault of the person who eats there but at some point there should be basic guideline and rules on food establishment especially this one that brags about how unhealthy they are. There is such a thing as corporate responsibility, and yes there is personal responsibility too.

I think they are being responsible by saying how unhealthy they are, unlike other companies that lie about. It's up to us to decide how we want to proceed with the information given.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Even if I lived in the States I would not go there, I am a vegetarian. Large hunks of dead animal dripping with grease never appealed to me...before I went veggie I used to eat at Burger King and McDonalds occasionally but the portion sizes are WAY smaller than those in the USA.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Something something something Darwin Award. Something something something gross.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    It makes me wanna weep for the animals that suffered so people could stuff their face :cry:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    WOW...thats discusting!!!! :noway:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one now craving giant cheeseburgers?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Whoa, 10, 000 calories?!?! :noway:

I wonder if they have vegetarian options, though. A triple bypass veggie burger would be nice :bigsmile: