Heart Attack Grill claims another victim...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Whoa, 10, 000 calories?!?! :noway:

I wonder if they have vegetarian options, though. A triple bypass veggie burger would be nice :bigsmile:

OMG. You're vegetarian. We get it.

Humans are omnivorous. Deal with it.

Wow, the anger :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

Edited because I made an error

Edit: just noticed 'the door was already opened prior' so nix my original comment.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    There is no one at the front door of this restaurant with a loaded gun making you come in and try anything.

I hope the "adults" who do this and then try to sue afterwards aren't raising kids.

These "adults" need to be removed from the gene pool.
    Good point :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The thing that gets me is this sentence in the article:

"Incidentally, one year ago, the Heart Attack Grill's 575-pound, 29-year-old spokesman died."

Who on earth would have a 575lb spokesperson for a restaurant? Well, them I suppose.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    id eat something there the service looks great ... wonder if they have salads
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

I wonder if they have vegetarian options, though. A triple bypass veggie burger would be nice :bigsmile:

Yup: Someone looks to have a few issues....

I just find it so funny how my being vegetarian is such an issue to some. I post saying it would be great if they had vegetarian triple bypass burgers and get some random person quoting me saying that :laugh: but it's not the worst I've gotten before.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I just find it so funny how my being vegetarian is such an issue to some. I post saying it would be great if they had vegetarian triple bypass burgers and get some random person quoting me saying that :laugh: but it's not the worst I've gotten before.

Sorry hun, but I actually 'retracted' my comment when I noticed your prior comment - not the statement to make on this typeof thread if you do not want to get backlsh.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ummm, it's called the Heart Attack Grill. What more warning do you need? Personally I think their theme is hilarious.

I completely agree with this!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    That's messed up, however it was her own choice to eat there. Sadly the family COULD still sue. People do it all the time. And I think it's safe to know just what the restaurant is about without turning to the menu. This is the same joint that offers customers weighing in at 350 lbs the chance to eat at their restaurant.. for free.. forever.. Or mayhaps that's just a rumor. (edited) Oh! Ms. Restart already mentioned that. ^__^ My bad.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Sorry hun, but I actually 'retracted' my comment when I noticed your prior comment - not the statement to make on this typeof thread if you do not want to get backlsh.

That's fine :-)

But honestly, this is an open forum for all types of people. I don't attack anyone here for being meat-eaters, so I don't expect to be attacked either. That's not fair at all. I shouldn't have to shy away from commenting just because some people can't help themselves, IYKWIM? But I think I will just leave now. I hope her comment wasn't a prerequisite for others of the same calibre.
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This food establishment does have disclaimers...and it is a business out to make money...I am sure this woman had preexisting medical conditions...I do not blame the restaurant....its not the one burger that did this...but years of abuse to her body...WAKE UP call I hope!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    This food establishment does have disclaimers...and it is a business out to make money...I am sure this woman had preexisting medical conditions...I do not blame the restaurant....its not the one burger that did this...but years of abuse to her body...WAKE UP call I hope!!!

Well, it's not a wake up call to her. She's dead.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Even though humans may be the most intelligent creatures, we're pretty stupid to eat toxic crap. I can't believe there is actually a Heart Attack Grill, that sounds so scary!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I can give you evidence that suggests we aren't omnivorous, but I suspect you'll just get angry about that too.

We are omnivorous, we are not herbivores. We're not able to break down cellulose as herbivores are able too.

Out of interest, I am now doing some further research on the subject. I have, of course, done lots, but there is always more to learn!

We are not carnivores, however, and we can survive, or thrive, on a plant based diet. So I'm not sure what this poster was trying to get at by quoting me.

I was quoting you because you had stated you have evidence that we are not omnivorous, it was before you corrected your statement.

I was wrong. I know that. But why are you quoting me? I never pretended I wasn't wrong.

The reason why I said I have evidence, is because I had some articles. But I just read some other articles, and they all point more to omni over herbi. No biggie.

I meant I didn't why the other poster was quoting me, not you.

Alrighty, miscommunication. I don't care if people are vegetarians but I don't like it when people are putting up very wrong information (there is a person on MFP who thinks we are herbivores and figured you were going down the same route). Its one thing to choose a certain type of diet but its another when false information is given out on it. Its a pet peeve of mine which I know at times I'm probably to quick to jump at and when I mean info, I mean things like stating how we're not omnivores, not info on how we can live on a plant diet since that would be two different things so its good you revised what you had meant.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Her fault, no one made her eat there. Who doesn't know food from a place called Heart Attack Grill is bad for you.

No denying it's the fault of the person who eats there but at some point there should be basic guideline and rules on food establishment especially this one that brags about how unhealthy they are. There is such a thing as corporate responsibility, and yes there is personal responsibility too.

We wouldn't want to allow people to make their own choices now would we?
    I mean we can't have people in the world who don't march lock step with someones personal preferences.

You honestly think that eating this burger caused her heart attack?

The corporation has ZERO responsibility for this woman's life style and her long term life style is what caused her heart attach not this "corporation".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    We have TONS of heart attack grills out there in disguise. They are called "BUFFETS".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been to the one in Chandler AZ. It was fun because they gown you up and your waitress is dressed up as a nurse. Would I ever go back? Who knows, but I do know I did not eat for the rest of the day and I haven't yet been back since. They feed you for free if you wear over 350 pounds and there was someone there eating for free which is scary. I guess I thought it was fun as a novelty but I worry about anyone who would want to go there on a regular basis.

This makes me really sad. Why would they want to encourage people who are extremely obese to keep doing harm to their bodies? Sick a-holes who want to use a gimmick to make a quick buck, that's who. *shudders*
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options

The article States she is recovering....not dead!
    And this can be a wake up call for thousands....myself included..
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    We had one in my neighborhood it went out of business pretty fast i mean why would anyone wanna eat there the name says it all

This is a chain? I've never even heard of it before.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

The article States she is recovering....not dead!
    And this can be a wake up call for thousands....myself included..

And the interview said she was doing fine.

I doubt the burger was as problematic as the smoking, drinking, or the morbid obesity...
  • LatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Her fault, no one made her eat there. Who doesn't know food from a place called Heart Attack Grill is bad for you.

No denying it's the fault of the person who eats there but at some point there should be basic guideline and rules on food establishment especially this one that brags about how unhealthy they are. There is such a thing as corporate responsibility, and yes there is personal responsibility too.

We wouldn't want to allow people to make their own choices now would we?
    I mean we can't have people in the world who don't march lock step with someones personal preferences.

You honestly think that eating this burger caused her heart attack?

The corporation has ZERO responsibility for this woman's life style and her long term life style is what caused her heart attach not this "corporation".

Exactly. If you didn't go to **** places like this maybe this wouldn't happen.