Yeah It really sucks...

Anybody else ever have this problem?

Replies

• DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Yeah It really sucks...

Anybody else ever have this problem?

Yea, but it's te other way round. I don't sweat it, they always come back :smokin:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    yep, been there!.. and I get jealous =/ I am there right now...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Be happy for him.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Has happened to me a lot, and not just with my guy friends. Just give it some time and I'm sure he'll come back. I've almost never had a friend ditch me forever afterward. The longest was I think 4 years because his ex-girlfriend made him completely cut out everyone in his entire life. Funny thing is, he's my boyfriend now ^^.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Be happy for him.

this.

If it's meant to be, you need to be positive about it, no wonder he forgot about you.

If it doesn't work out/they aint meant to be, you might wanna try to be a better friend...
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Happens with best guy friends and girl friends. I'm happy they find people that make them happy, so it's not a problem for me.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.

It sucks. Be happy for your friend and be there for him when it fails because those types of relationships rarely last.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, he's my boyfriend now ^^.
    ok honestly time...

that's what he always wanted.

that's what they (we) always always wanted.

that's why when you get a boyfriend you don't hear from us.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be his girlfriend instead?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yep. And he ended up marrying the girl. Haven't heard from him since he met her 3yrs ago. It sucks.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Long story short.
    Best friend for 8 years.
    Super close, helped with everything.
    Did everything for him.

He got a girlfriend and went from talking to me everyday to nothing at all.
    Not a hi, not a text, not a call, and email or anything.

Its been exactly one year now.

And to answer some of your questions, yeah a part of me would love to be his gf instead. Will it ever happen probably not.

His mom showed me his prom pictures today (btw hes not even in HS hes 21 and his gf is 17) and he looks extremely happy... and Im happy for him.

I just wish I could at least be his friend and be a part of his life.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    I did at one time.
    Do you want to be his girlfriend instead?
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Very true :)
    I promise Ill be here if it ever does fail.
    but he does seem happy and Im happy for him.
    I just wish things were a tad different. I dont mind him having a gf.
    Just a simple hi how are you would be nice ya know?

Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.

It sucks. Be happy for your friend and be there for him when it fails because those types of relationships rarely last.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Long story short.
    Best friend for 8 years.
    Super close, helped with everything.
    Did everything for him.

He got a girlfriend and went from talking to me everyday to nothing at all.
    Not a hi, not a text, not a call, and email or anything.

Its been exactly one year now.

And to answer some of your questions, yeah a part of me would love to be his gf instead. Will it ever happen probably not.

His mom showed me his prom pictures today (btw hes not even in HS hes 21 and his gf is 17) and he looks extremely happy... and Im happy for him.

I just wish I could at least be his friend and be a part of his life.

hehe this story is such a classic!

If its any thing like I suspect you always had a shot, he probably wanted you the whole 8 years.

If/when he becomes single again get in there as the sympathetic ear and make a move!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yep, about 4 years ago and I still miss him. She made him stop talking to me.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options

If its any thing like I suspect you always had a shot, he probably wanted you the whole 8 years.

If/when he becomes single again get in there as the sympathetic ear and make a move!

I know I did lol. He had already told me he liked me a whole lot, but at that time he had a gf and I had a bf.

I wont be a rebound like your suggesting but I will always be here for him with or without her being in the picture.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I know I did lol. He had already told me he liked me a whole lot, but at that time he had a gf and I had a bf.

I wont be a rebound like your suggesting but I will always be here for him with or without her being in the picture.

Sorry, I did not so much mean to imply you should be a rebound, just that you should establish contact early and not let it pass you by again.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are JEALOUS.

Get. Over. It.

If you were a real friend you would be HAPPY for him.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Story of my life right now. It's not about jealousy at all. I'm not interested in dating him, and I'm really happy that he's found someone that he's so compatible with. However, when we were both single, I saw him 4 or 5 times a week. Now that he's got his girlfriend, I see him maybe once or twice a month. I don't expect to be prioritized over his girlfriend by any means. It's just that when you're used to seeing someone almost everyday, and then suddenly you barely see them, you miss em. It's almost like they're off on a vacation or something, you're happy for them, but you miss them.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Yeah, it wasn't really a girlfriend since it was another friend of mine that he was trying to get with and she turned him down and we started talking again as soon as she turned him down.. needless to say we're not best friends anymore, we still get along but we're probably only a fraction as close as we were