Best Guy Friend Gets A Girlfriend & Forgets all about you

Options

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i have before, but i've learned to still make time for my friends as i've gotten older. So speaking from that side, it does suck but you shouldn't take it personal, sometimes we just go all in in a relationship
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Story of my life right now. It's not about jealousy at all. I'm not interested in dating him, and I'm really happy that he's found someone that he's so compatible with. However, when we were both single, I saw him 4 or 5 times a week. Now that he's got his girlfriend, I see him maybe once or twice a month. I don't expect to be prioritized over his girlfriend by any means. It's just that when you're used to seeing someone almost everyday, and then suddenly you barely see them, you miss em. It's almost like they're off on a vacation or something, you're happy for them, but you miss them.

THIS! Except I dont get to see him at all... havent seen him not once this whole year.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Totally understand. I just miss him is all.
    i have before, but i've learned to still make time for my friends as i've gotten older. So speaking from that side, it does suck but you shouldn't take it personal, sometimes we just go all in in a relationship
  • tdp2012
    tdp2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just be happy for him, been in your situation for years almost 13 now off and on.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    it's not gender specific.

New Significant Other?

=

FORGET ALL FRIENDS!!!!
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ever think that the guy friend wants you as his girlfriend?
  • jerijett
    jerijett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hate it when that happens. Especially when the girlfriend starts to become suspicious or threatened by you and its totally awkward. But you gotta get a boyfriend and you two can hang out and text occasionally, then when he and new girlfriend break up you won't be resentful and can still be there for him.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My best friend (female) always did this to me when she got a boyfriend. Didn't help the first 3 since I knew her all hated me.

To me it just seems to take time for them to adjust to having a relationship and having friends at the same time, especially if the friends are of the same sex and the SO deems them "competition" or "temptation". I've known a lot of guys who have had to say goodbye to female friends because their girlfriends don't trust them.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Ever think that the guy friend wants you as his girlfriend?

Yeah, based on the fact that he told me.
    But he also decided to tell me that while I was with a guy and while he had a different girlfriend.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    My best friend (female) always did this to me when she got a boyfriend. Didn't help the first 3 since I knew her all hated me.

To me it just seems to take time for them to adjust to having a relationship and having friends at the same time, especially if the friends are of the same sex and the SO deems them "competition" or "temptation". I've known a lot of guys who have had to say goodbye to female friends because their girlfriends don't trust them.

See thats a whole nother case right there... Im sorry but if the "girlfriend doesnt trust them" they shouldnt even have a relationship to begin with.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, he's my boyfriend now ^^.
    ok honestly time...

that's what he always wanted.

that's what they (we) always always wanted.

that's why when you get a boyfriend you don't hear from us.

Actually....he picked my best friend over me...and then the girlfriend he had before that was a friend of mine. Both times I was single and waiting on him. It's not always the girl that friend zones the guy....

And, also, I know he wasn't just ignoring me, and only me, because he ended up disowning his family, moving out, and losing all his friends. I know this through talking to his family now, and the fact that he told me when we started hanging out that I was the only friend he felt he had anymore due to alienating the rest.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    I hate it when that happens. Especially when the girlfriend starts to become suspicious or threatened by you and its totally awkward. But you gotta get a boyfriend and you two can hang out and text occasionally, then when he and new girlfriend break up you won't be resentful and can still be there for him.

Thats just it I have a guy he has a girl.
    When he was with his old girlfriend we talked all the time despite her not liking me and telling him not to talk to me he still did anyways. Idk what the difference is this time...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    He GOT MARRIED! Good thing I found a REPLACEMENT and I had a back-up too LOL Whew!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My best friend was a guy for many years, he got married and we have not talked in 15 years. It sucked, but I totally understood that his wife came first.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    not so far....my best guy friend is married (and yes I am single). In fact that is his new little one in my profile pic!

I have a couple of other really good guy friends but so far this has not been an issue.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    He GOT MARRIED! Good thing I found a REPLACEMENT and I had a back-up too LOL Whew!

hahaha yo go girl! :P
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yep. Know how you feel. Every male friend I've had. Soon as they get a girlfriend, they disappear. Mainly it's because they usually date really insecure females.
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a guy friend, though I don't consider him my best guy friend, who got a girlfriend and completely cut off and ignored all of us (his other friends) for the length of the relationship, which was almost a year. When they broke up, he started hanging out with us again, but we forgave him because he was going through some things, ha ha
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I tried being happy for mine in the beginning. Now they are married, he doesn't talk to me and I miss him lots. It's been years though so you would think I would have gotten over it!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Always a shame when two people who need to be clapping cheeks with eachother and cuddling after never get around to it.