Having a private diary seems so counter-productive to me....

Options
1235»

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    We had this exact thread not two days ago.

I'll repeat myself...
    My diary is neither inspirational nor shameful. I'm perfectly healthy, I neither want nor need advice. It is not 'hidden', it is 'private' because it is nobody's business but my own.
    If you feel cheated then report me to mfp and demand I refund what you've paid me.

The control freak desire to see everyone else acting as you do is bizzare.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Some people actually think they have the right to start telling you what to eat or not eat... !! I like to keep mine open and if someone starts hassling me or making judgmental comments I just DELETE them !!!!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It's their choice.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    some people don't give a ****, but don't ask for dietary help with a closed diary.

"I eat lots of veggies and eat 1g of protein per lb of body weight..."

bull****. Open up your food log.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Some people, like myself, are just very private. I have been logging for nearly three weeks straight, reading the forums and blogs from time to time. I don't like to feel like people are looking at what I'm eating, judging my diet. It's very stressful and the last thing any of us need is more stress.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Some people need hand holding, I don't.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    mine is open to friends, and they never judge what i eat or didn't eat, but i'm also picky about the friends i choose
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    My diary is only viewable to people on my friends list. It is private to everyone else because I don't feel like it's anyone elses business. It's not counter productive for me, the person I joined this site for. I'd make it public if I wanted more input, but I don't. :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I am here for me, not for anyone else.

I give support to my friends and if they have questions about my eating habits, they are more than welcome to ask me but at the end of the day, I am here for me. What I do works for me, if I ever need to ask for help then I would consider opening it up. Until then :cry: and deal.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    We had this exact thread not two days ago.

I'll repeat myself...
    My diary is neither inspirational nor shameful. I'm perfectly healthy, I neither want nor need advice. It is not 'hidden', it is 'private' because it is nobody's business but my own.
    If you feel cheated then report me to mfp and demand I refund what you've paid me.

The control freak desire to see everyone else acting as you do is bizzare.

Bingo!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    NOT judging, but for those that have your diaries private, what is the reasoning?

Yes, you are judging, or you wouldn't have opened this topic. I hate it when people back off from their own judgments. As it happens, I don't agree with this judgment and don't care.

Agreed