The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    lol!My niece would appreciate this post!! You look awesome girl!
    It goes to show that weights and toning is key! You are right, you have to measure and check your body fat %

Keep it up!
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I really can't thank you enough for this post!! I too am insane by the scale. I KNOW I'm making progress. The darn scale just, well it drives me crazy!

Thanks for taking time & helping SO many of us out here in the MFP world. :)
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post, I am on awe.
  • determined136
    Options
    Pictures don't lie...and I am sure how you feel in your skin is telling it is all worth it! That is why I don't put to much emphasis on goal weight. I think I will know where I need to be when I get there. Why set yourself up to fail with a number

GREAT WORK!!!!!
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thank you!!

annahiven - my scale stopped moving last October, but my body has continued to change. It doesn't keep me from stepping on the scale - but it does help me keep in check that the scale isn't the ONLY way to measure progress. Inches and photos are much much better in my opinion!

that's so true!! I have to remember that!! I get compliments all the time, and people are saying i'm losing weight, yet my scale has been within the same 5 lb range for weeks!
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    great progress! my scale stopped too for a few weeks, though I see when I get bigger or smaller by clothing and face
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is a really great reminder for me and everyone else to not rely on just the scale. Great job!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Man, I needed this! My scale hasn't budged one pound really, but I know my clothes are fitting better. I going to switch to taking measurements and photos.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks for posting! so needed this! i'm finishing up 30DS and am down 2 jean sizes since January when I started...the scale hasn't moved in 3wks!

you look amazing!!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing.
    Thanks for posting this, i know i listen to my scale way too much and am gonna stop and measure instead.:happy:
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great results! this is why I don't use the scale for ANYTHING! I weigh once a week but just as a gauge. I base everything on my pics, clothes and measurements.
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am a little blown away. I have always know the whole weight thing is not necessarilly the best indicator, but seeing it that clearly is amazing. Thank you.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You are freakin amazing!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    BUMP
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The responses to this post have helped me decide to cut waaaaay back on the scale...because I DO NOT need it! I am going to cut back to once a week, and then twice a month, and then maybe even just at the first of the month when I do my measuring and photo taking :) Who is with me??
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I have been doing Crossfit for 9 months now and only lost 16 pounds and let me tell you I have been going nuts trying to figure out why the weight isn't coming off!!! I do fit pants though that only used to fit when I weighed 20 pounds less than this. Woo hoo, you look great and congrats on the amazing progress!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing!! I've heard of things like that but you know what they say "a picture is worth 1000 words"!!
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SIMPLY AWESOME, I NEEDED TO SEE THIS THANKS FOR BLESSING ME TODAY, IM SO PROUD OF YOU KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, AND PLEASE KEEP POSTING, WE NEED TO SEE THIS. I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO POST TWO PICTURES.
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • lmbigsby
    lmbigsby Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you soo much for posting this, I needed this so much today it isn't even funny. I have been plateaud for months, now I have gained a few pounds and am ready to just give up and cry. I do Zumba 2 days a week for a hour, JM 30 day Shred daily, walk for an hour at lunch Mon, Wed, & Fri and eat healthy but nothing. The inches are coming off, I can see that and my clothes can tell that but when you get on the scale and either nothing or fluctuating -2 +2 is so frustraiting. I feel like all I do is search for ways to break my plateau, tried Atkins...lost 8 lbs then plateau, have done low cal/low fat/low carb you name it I have tried it. Aaaarrggg!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!