The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
    I'm in a similar situation now. I know I'm healthier and look better, but the scale and I are still at odds.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    wow that's crazy. I can't believe you are the same weight in both pictures. Good job!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    bump
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump...for sheer awesomeness! Your results are AMAZING!!! Keep it up, you're an inspiration! :happy:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You rock! This post should be a sticky so people can stop obsessing with the scale!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this!! I recently started P90X and I have been wondering how much my body will change, even if the scale doesn't. (Because of the new muscles I am building) Thanks for posting! And you look great!

Wow!!! P90X is definitely worth the investment--that will be one of my next purchases for sure! You look GREAT! Keep up the good work!
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate that the scale measures just weight and not fat loss and muscle gain. You look great
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can refer back to this when I get too focused on pounds. Thanks for posting this! Awesome progress.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have hit your goal, remember the opposite is also true... don't get complacent just because you still weigh the same!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That's unbelievable, the amount of change in your body. You look amazing!
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    You look amazing! I just have to tell you how inspiring this is! Thank you for sharing. :happy:
  • TRUDIVA88
    TRUDIVA88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look wonderful.
  • JaneBGood
    Options
    I lost a few pounds on the Dukan Diet, started the first of the year. I am at a plateau as far as weight goes, but I too have noticed that my body must be changing as my clothes don't fit like they used to, in a good way! My pants hardly stay on my waist, but the scale still says the same number every day! Thanks for the pictures, that is a great encouragment fpr others and and good for you to see yourself too!!
  • bxbutterfly
    bxbutterfly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!

Thanks for this post. i think alot of people such as myself needed to see this. i've been scale free for two weeks because it was starting to depress me. i know i'm slowly losing inches but the scale continues to fluctuate which has thrown me on this emotional roller coaster.

congrats and keep up the good work!!!
  • zassgirl
    zassgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO much for posting this. I too did insanity and am in week 6 of Jillian Michaels 90 day program and for me, the scale has gone up a full 10 pounds since I started day 1 of isanity (Jan 28). When i started to see the weight go up i freaked out but kept telling myself that I was doing the right thing because i was losing inches off my body and clothes were fitting better. I actually talked to a personal trainer who said that when you are doing resistance and weights ...and the scale goes up, look at that number as the amount of muscle you are adding on to your body rather than "oh im gaining weight". It was tremendous advice and your story further confirms. Congrats to you and keep it up!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES!!!! You look fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing - more proof that you're right and the scale is JUNK!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me that sometimes the scale isn't telling the whole story. Your progress is awesome!!!!
  • the1udreamabout
    Options
    I needed this so much today. Thank you!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate that the scale measures just weight and not fat loss and muscle gain. You look great

Some scales do measure body fat %. They've been available for years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!