The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    great job! thanks for posting this
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a difference.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! You look great! Thanks for posting.. very inspirational. I too took pics and I measure myself. The scale doesn't want to move much for me.. and sometimes it goes up even with as hard as I work. Thankfully since i took measurements I know my hard work is paying off when I see the inches I've lost!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fantastic,thanks for sharing. Good to see this on a monday morning!
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options
    This is exactly what I need to see and hear!! The scale has been my enemy for a while, numbers going up or not moving but I feel different. I'm glad I ordered a tape measure!

You look great! THANK YOU for posting this and proving what some of us cross our fingers for :-)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow. No freaking way! This is so awesome. You are looking really great, and this definitely goes to show how the scale lies!

Good work! :drinker:
  • helenrachel123
    helenrachel123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS YOU LOOK FANTASTIC, thanks for posting this as I to have been getting very fed up of the scales as have been working out more but the scale has not been moving in fact the more strength training I have been doing in the form of body pump the scale has actually gone up so your post showed me that it is inches and measurements that count and not the scale.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Superb!! Results like this cannot be reported often enough until everyone finally gets it!

Your scale is useless for tracking progress anything more than a few times per year. I check every 3 months at the doctor office, and dont own one. Use pictures, clothes, how you feel, and a tape measure.
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING!!!! This is exactly what I needed to see this morning. The "evil scale" has stayed more or less the same for me for about 5 months give or take. I KNOW that I've lost inches and have gone down 4 dress sizes but the scale doesn't move. It gets so discouraging when you feel your doing the right things. This has made my day. I've only started taking measurements and pics this last month. I hope to see dramatic changes like yourself. You are my inspiration!!!!:smile::flowerforyou:
  • PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    That is an INCREDIBLE difference!! You're lookin' fantastic!! I'd love to lose some inches, and get new clothes but I keep losing pounds and no inches :| Oh well, you give me hope that my time will come :]
    You look seriously amazing, girl! Keep up the great work!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump...You look amazing! This explains so much, I go almost a month with scale hardly moving and then I drop like 4-5 lbs in a week during that month. If anything I probably should only weigh in once a month, but I'm OCD with the scale...good thing is I stopped worrying because I feel and see the transformation
  • annamook
    annamook Posts: 28
    Options
    You look great. I don't keep a scale in my home b/c I think it is too easy to become obsessed/depressed with weighing myself. I only weigh myself at the gym. I prefer to go by how my clothes fit
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Dang!! every time I feel bad about the scale i'm gonna look at your picture and remind myself of this!!
  • danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Thanks for sharing!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for posting :) I had the same issues with the scale when I was working out very hard before, I was losing inches but the weight didn't budge! Glad to see your results and it is motivation to keep doing what I'm doing (I think that the looser my clothes are is a good indication, however it is still kind of a bummer to keep seeing the scale stay the same!)
  • Mizzhealthy4life
    Options
    Yes it's a torture device!!! I'm also going thru the same thing thank you I needed to hear this !!!!! You look amazing !!!!!
  • WayFonda
    WayFonda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Strength training really does make all the difference in the world. Since upping my strength training I've lost a crap-ton of inches, but very little in terms of weight. I've since put my scale away. I weigh-in once a week now instead of obsessing over my weight 1-2 times a day!

This is so true! I added consistent strength training almost 3 weeks ago & I've lost at least an inch everywhere! Today was the first morning & 2 years I didn't step on the scale! It shall no longer be the boss of me!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I can't believe how much you lost in your stomach area. WOW!
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wowza!! Look at you girl!!! Amazing transformation!! Thanks for posting this, I certainly needed it. I haven't gotten on the scale in 4 weeks b/c it drove me crazy for several months!
    You look awesome....203....I never would have guessed!!! Keep up all the awesome work!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's awesome progress! Keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!