The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have been so heart broken b/c the scale is stuck for me but I know I look better!!! I did 30DS and am 19 days into Ripped in 30 then moving on to Insanity.... I have left 30+ inches behind :smooched:
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    WOW your pics are awesome!!, that gives me hope to keep doing what I am doing and not relying on the scale.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have been so heart broken b/c the scale is stuck for me but I know I look better!!! I did 30DS and am 19 days into Ripped in 30 then moving on to Insanity.... I have left 30+ inches behind :smooched:

THIRTY INCHES holy smokes!! that's incredible! who needs a scale with that kind of progress? well done :)
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have to agree! My progress is similiar, slooow weight loss but inches melting off. Darn scale is work if the devil! Lol! Great job, you look fantastic! Keep it up :)
  • Jeanniediet
    Options
    Well I never I was so sad this morning , I have been on this for a week, walked the dogs a total of 6 miles, swam 40 lenghs (crawl) and I put a pound on swam a further 40 lenghts while thinking why am I doing this.

all my life the scales have done this to me so I found myself giving up... I am now going to kick every set of scales I see :)

thank you for the post x

jeannie
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    amazing, you look great! thank you for sharing!
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was driven to post a blog about this very thing today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/acresfield

I have gained 7lbs in 20 days and lost 4% in body fat.

If I had been weigihing myself every day then I would surely have chickened out before achieving this
  • mbeltz
    mbeltz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Looking good. The same thing is happening to me. The scale will not move .. but 3 weeks ago I measured. As of today, I have lost 2 inches in both my hips and waist. Bring on the muscle! I feel better and my clothes are looser. I just keep reminding myself to do what I am doing and it will pay off.
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow this is so amazing and you look great
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! Great post!
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :smile: Way to Go! Great Job!!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Looking good. The same thing is happening to me. The scale will not move .. but 3 weeks ago I measured. As of today, I have lost 2 inches in both my hips and waist. Bring on the muscle! I feel better and my clothes are looser. I just keep reminding myself to do what I am doing and it will pay off.

I LOVE seeing this attitude - "Bring on the muscle!" Many of my friends in real life are baffled that I would rather be strong than skinny, but I'm glad my MFPs are on the same page as me :)
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's great! Thank you for the reminder and congrats on your results!
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think something is wrong withthe scale. Those are HUGE results and the scale should reflect more than 1lb loss. Great work!:wink:
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    I think something is wrong withthe scale. Those are HUGE results and the scale should reflect more than 1lb loss. Great work!:wink:

Haha, I wish :) But it was confirmed at my doctor's office last week too! My body is just whack!
  • rawheeler38
    Options
    I have noticed that my scale hasnt budged--but there is a definite change in my body--I try to just look in the mirror and SEE the change instead of concentrating on the scale when i get discouraged...Great job by the way You look awesome!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!

I was upset this morning because the scale had gone up 1.8 lbs. But at the same time I am wearing a pair of jeans that I havent worn in a long, long time. I can see all kinds of changes when I stand naked in front of the mirror. Still have a long way to go though :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!