The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky!!

bump
  • tlmartin317
    Options
    My scale's battery has been dead for at least a month now. I have NO desire to replace it. I want to be stronger, not just "skinnier." And if what they say (muscle weighs more than fat) is true, the scale won't help me there.
  • shoosh413
    shoosh413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Thank you for posting the pics. I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 lbs from goal. The scale doesn't move. I know that how much I weigh isn't that important but how I look is. I just didn't realize that a body could change so much without losing weight.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    this is incredible! for those of us that get stuck on a number that we want the scale to be, this is truely motivating to not let it be the 'tell all". YOU LOOK GREAT!
    Thanks for sharing, this is one of the best posts EVER!!!! Lots of people will see this and need to!
    YOU ROCK!
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    WOW, thanks for posting! There are so many of us that torture ourselves with the scale!!! You look AWESOME!!!
  • jomiley23
    jomiley23 Posts: 76
    Options
    _

Dangit...I just spent 3 minutes shaping out a FB looking thumbs up using I -- and __, and it wouldn't translate once I saved my reply.

So, LIKE it is.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    _

Dangit...I just spent 3 minutes shaping out a FB looking thumbs up using I -- and __, and it wouldn't translate once I saved my reply.

So, LIKE it is.

haha, I totally appreciate the effort though :)
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You have done great! Very inspiring. This helps me because I am the same way and people won't believe me when I tell them how much I weigh. Gone down several sizes and only lost about 10 lbs. Just getting more compact and defined!
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is totally amazing!! I SO needed to see this, thanks SO much for sharing!!! You look fab!
  • Newme012
    Newme012 Posts: 43
    Options
    I really needed this today!! Lifting weights and the scale is not moving right now. Awesome results!!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Congrats..
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this... seriously. I have been struggling with that scale and it is always the source of repeat slip ups. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    WOW! This is awesome and you look great!
  • AHarpster22
    Options
    you look great, thank you for shareing. the scales can be soooo discourageing sometmes. awesome work
  • chevvy53
    chevvy53 Posts: 44
    Options
    so glad you posted that !!! thankyou Ive never been one for the scales, do you think it the old muscle weighing more than >>>?? You look great !!! what do people think about if you not able to exercise due to health problems would we look the same Im at loss because of that problem ?? any advice truly welcome ; (((
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know we rely so much on numbers. I was getting so frustrated... I went from a size 22 to a size 14 jeans, and only lost 1lb. Yet, I want to see those bloody numbers go down on the evil scale.

Well done! by the way.
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome. Thank you. I was getting a little sad about the scale but I'm getting measured tonight. Fingers Crossed!!!
  • heatherfitz83
    Options
    Ok first I LOVE your post! I am on day 60 of P90X. My scale went up by 5 pounds then I lost 6 pounds and have found that I want to break my scale. I am eating clean( mostly salads with lean proteins fish, chicken, tuna fish) I was upset because I am working very hard ( missed 3 days but had a kidney stone). Thanks for the encouragement!
  • bingham1
    bingham1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!