The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! Definitely needed this kind of inspiration today!! :-)

P.S. You look great!!

Ditto this. Good to know, cuz I've been so frustrated with the scale lately!
  • kacbldmm07
    kacbldmm07 Posts: 96
    Options
    Holy cow. wow, congrats
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Note to self: DO P90X!!! You have changed your entire shape!
  • misspapplion
    Options
    WOW! Starting tomorrow I am definitely taking pictures and measurements!
  • LexieeLovee
    LexieeLovee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    its awesome to hear this from living proof.. i personally tell my self to only weigh in once every 2weeks... but lately ive been doing it once a day HAHA

less scale...
    more insanity.(or P90X)

:]
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow! i'm definitely going through the same thing. I needed to see this to make sure I'm not going crazy. I'm beyond frustrated with the scale
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    its awesome to hear this from living proof.. i personally tell my self to only weigh in once every 2weeks... but lately ive been doing it once a day HAHA

less scale...
    more insanity.(or P90X)

:]

Thank you :) And I love P90X and Insanity so go for it!! After I'm finished with Insanity I plan to do a hybrid of the two since I love them...and then maybe I'll tackle Insanity Asylum next!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A-freaking-mazing!!
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration.. I too have a dumb scale that does not move. I needed this.. Brazil Bum Bum.. look out!! You are looking great, thank you for sharing your story of triumph.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I needed to see that today, thank you.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! My husband and I are also doing P90X and the scale does not move much. This is my second time around and his first. When he mentioned the scale was not moving I said that with P90X it probably wont but the results are amazing.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! My husband and I are also doing P90X and the scale does not move much. This is my second time around and his first. When he mentioned the scale was not moving I said that with P90X it probably wont but the results are amazing.

Agreed! I obviously didn't lose any weight on P90X, but I would rather feel strong and LOOK fitter anyways :) I'm so glad a trillion people on this thread feel the same way!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    TY! I needed this.. I threw my scales and broke them a couple weeks ago, bc I was so frustrated...:bigsmile:
  • projectconsistency
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I've been back to counting calories and working out for six weeks, and I lost five pounds the first week and haven't seen the scale move since then. I weigh 210 and ate whatever I wanted (cupcake binges and lots of pizza) for the few months before getting back on track with taking care of body. I would be upset about not seeing the scale move if I hadn't lost 2-3 inches everywehere on my body: my chest, my waist, my hips, and my thighs (no loss from my arms, but they're a completely different shape). I run five days/week, do Jillian Michaels workouts three-four days/week, hike, do yoga, and am an expert calorie counter who follows the Fat to Fit calorie recommendations. My body is changing, and I feel stronger. It's frustrating to have the scale not recognize my efforts, but this time around I'm focused on becoming healthier rather than on just making the scale move. Of course I can't wait for the scale to catch up with my hard work.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your post has had such a profound effect on me since I first saw it yesterday. You are living proof of what I have thought to be true and I am so glad that you were so generous in spirit as to share it with us. Your photos have really inspired me to remember that working out may not show a change on the scale, but will certainly show a change in my body. Thank you.

P.S. I hope you don't mind, but I am going to post a link to your thread on the homepage of a couple of my MFP friends here who might not have seen it but who will really appreciate it.

Keep up the great work!
    Cam
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this it's really inspirational
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have shown this to multiple people ;) You Are AMAZING for sharing this! I am echoing everyone else, but I haven't seen the scale move since March and I am doing Wendlers 5-3-1 lifting program, my body is changing but the scale is not moving. so now that I see this I am at peace. Thanks again for sharing love, good luck on the rest of your journey!!
    Rim
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is good inspiration to help people realize that the scale doesn't determine how they look or feel. Keep up the good work.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree,,,:cry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!