Large Framed Ladies - 5'6" Goal Weight

Options

Replies

• angie_sample
    Options
    i am large framed. I am currently 190 and this is the smallest i ever remember being but i cant imagine being smaller than 150, thats 40 pounds down from what i am now. Im just going to go by how i look once i get there if i think i can do more i will, if i look good at 150 ill start maintaining. I just want to be healthy if thats a size 10 or a size 6 for me it doesnt matter.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and regardless of my frame size (though I'd say large), I can't see myself below 150. A few years ago I got down to 162 and I think another 10lbs or so would do the trick.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am also large framed, 5'6. Even when I was around 110, my wrists and knees and ankles are just big around. My wrists are almost 8 inches in circumference. I rather like the aesthetic of bony (some people have a "washboard abs" goal, I have more of a "washboard sternum" one), and the good thing about having a large frame (there is a bright side!) is that you don't have to lose too much weight to look bony. People always underestimate my weight because of this. I would be thrilled to be in the 115 to 110 range but I'd probably reassess at 120 to 115.

I should note that the heaviest I've ever been is about 145 but because I gain and lose weight pretty evenly on my body, it's very difficult to tell what's going on in the 145 - 125 range. I more or less appear the same, I just notice clothes don't fit right.
  • ehoganallison
    ehoganallison Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always though I was large framed. I looked at the link, did the measurement and it says I am medium. I am the lowest I've ever been since childhood, 148. I can't see going under 140. I like my curves and my husband does too. :). I do have trouble spots, but I am happy at this weight. I would love more friends so please add me! :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I hope to get to 150 and see where I'm at. :happy:
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and at my current weight, I have about 120lbs of lean mass. My goal weight is ~145lbs, which would put me at about 18% body fat. To be any smaller than that, I'd have to lose lean mass as well as body fat, which is not what I'm going for. :)
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I am 5'6, and definitely large framed.. (6.85" wrist, huge ribcage, very wide hips) ... my goal weight is somewhere around 165. I have pics on my profile if you'd like to see.. I have recent pics (starting weight of 232 and the most recent pic is at 219 but I'm currently 217) and a pic from "before kids" where I was (4 months pregnant but not really showing) and 142 lbs.. I was NOT happy with my weight/size/shape at 142 .. I lost my butt (LOL) and my ribcage was clearly visible. I tried for about a year to gain some weight back (I had lost 86 lbs to get to 142) but I wasn't able to.. just maintained at 142, until I got pregnant(and even through half of the pregnancy..partially due to severe hyperemesis, I'm sure.)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Weird, my thumb and finger just touch, yet, my wrist is 7'. Am I medium or large?? I guess I'll say medium ( with big hands. lol)

my finger and thumb overlap but I'm 6.25. Its just big hands.

I'm considered medium-large but I'm shooting for 155 or 155. That will be fairly lean but maintainable. I'm 165 right now.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6", I have no idea what 'frame' I have but I am currently 180lb and 28%BF, my goal is to maintain my muscle and get down to 20%BF. So based on that I am aiming for 155lb. It surprises me that some people think 130lb at my height is indicative being large framed, but hey, each to their own.
  • bossnai
    bossnai Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I want to weigh about 170. I think the hardest part is getting ridnog my thighs any ideas
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 160 which is 32 lbs away. I used to weigh 130 when I was like 17 and I couldn't imagine being that size again. It would be weird.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Odd. One link says I have a small frame and another says I have a medium frame, but I've always thought I was just large framed. I'm currently 5'6" and 185lbs. I wear a size 10/12 in jeans and a size medium top. My ultimate goal is 160lbs. The size I'm in now is the smallest I've ever been in my life so it's hard for me to imagine what I'd look like much smaller than this. I'd add pictures if I knew how. Unfortunately, I am not computer savvy. ;) I know that when I had my body fat percentage measured at a gym a few years ago, the personal trainer told me that 160lbs is a great goal weight for me if i plan on building lean muscle (which I do. I'm in week 4 of p90x). He estimated based on my body fat percentage at the time that at 160lbs I would be around 14% body fat. I go to a nutritionist today and I hope to get a current update on my body fat percentage.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Odd. One link says I have a small frame and another says I have a medium frame, but I've always thought I was just large framed. I'm currently 5'6" and 185lbs. I wear a size 10/12 in jeans and a size medium top. My ultimate goal is 160lbs. The size I'm in now is the smallest I've ever been in my life so it's hard for me to imagine what I'd look like much smaller than this. I'd add pictures if I knew how. Unfortunately, I am not computer savvy. ;) I know that when I had my body fat percentage measured at a gym a few years ago, the personal trainer told me that 160lbs is a great goal weight for me if i plan on building lean muscle (which I do. I'm in week 4 of p90x). He estimated based on my body fat percentage at the time that at 160lbs I would be around 14% body fat. I go to a nutritionist today and I hope to get a current update on my body fat percentage.
    Are you sure he said 14%? That is extremely low for a woman, like competition level for a female fitness/ figure competitor.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Yep. 100% positive. I brought home the worksheets we sat down with that day and filed them away. I don't aim to be 14% body fat to be honest, but I do plan on getting down to 160lbs. I thought the 14% was an extremely low body fat percentage for a woman and probably not where I will be especially since I am absolutely NOT an athlete. LOL
  • KeiliS
    KeiliS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight right now is 150. I think once I reach that, if i'm still not happy, then I'll start looking at my body fat % and strive for a specific range. Also, you could set a goal every 5-10lbs until you get some where that you are happy with.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My goal weight? 200lbs.

That's 200 lbs of bench pressing. :D
    I have no idea what weight that will be or what dress size. I've honestly learned to let it go as it's not as important to me as strength, capability of movement and simply enjoying being active.

According to most calcs I've used- my goal weight will end up (assuming small muscle mass loss) around 215lbs. Yes, 215lbs of awesome I will be. Who knows what size or weight I'll end up- but I know I want to bench that 200lbs so bad I can taste it. So that's my goal now.
    Gemiwig, you are too funny! :-) Race you to 200! On your mark....get SET!!!!
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    My goal is about 160 ... I'm 173.4 now. :)
  • katieto130
    Options
    Awesome thread - well for a 5'6" girl :-) I am 144.5 lbs now and would LOVE to be around 132. My frame is probably medium. I am however trying to not give a hoot about the scale and try to make my goal finishing a half ironman.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm large frame and also 5'6". I'm 173 now. Started at 191 (before I joined MFP) and my goal weight is 135, but of course 140-145 and I'll still be happy :D
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    my ideal weight is 154lb or 11 stone. According to the finger test i am a medium but my wrist is 7 inches so according to the 2nd test i am a large frame. I always thought i was a large frame anyway. I have a long way to go. I am aiming for 12 stone at the moment which is a size 12 on my frame and will see how i feel when i get there