May Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    6 mile commute on the bike. Halfway the Garmin went off :grumble: No big deal this time, I always ride the same route to work, but I would be very upset if this happened during a hike or a long ride.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    8.3Km 11 May

Total 77.77kms
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    6 mile commute on the bike. Halfway the Garmin went off :grumble: No big deal this time, I always ride the same route to work, but I would be very upset if this happened during a hike or a long ride.

@Dinos: Personally, I know that my motivation totally leaves me whenever my GPS or my MP3 dies on a run!!! :grumble: Or if when I leave, everything's fine, but suddenly my chest strap sensor stops sending the heart rate to my watch! :explode:

One time, I even saw myself going back home! Not only my MP3 died, but so did the battery of my GPS!! It was too much for me! Boy was I ever p!ssed off!!!
  • Melendya
    Melendya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is walking 90 miles. As of yesterday, I have walked 50 miles. I think I'm going to make it. Just got to keep moving...if I don't walk everyday I feel terrible. Amy
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday....lots of biking miles for me this week :happy:

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    Options
    020.gif
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Walked 4 miles today (Friday May 11th)....47 miles to go!! :)
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Tuesday, Wed and Thursday I added 2 3-mile road and 2 2.5 mile beach walks (total 11 miles) so that brings me to 36.5 / 80 miles for May. Heading out now - it's a glorious morning!

Have a great weekend!!! :glasses:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options

@Dinos: Personally, I know that my motivation totally leaves me whenever my GPS or my MP3 dies on a run!!! :grumble: Or if when I leave, everything's fine, but suddenly my chest strap sensor stops sending the heart rate to my watch! :explode:

One time, I even saw myself going back home! Not only my MP3 died, but so did the battery of my GPS!! It was too much for me! Boy was I ever p!ssed off!!!

HAHA - I have almost had the same temper tantrum and returned home - or didn't want to go out because I forgot to put the Garmin on it's charger! Actually the other day my chest strap must have been doing something weird because what it was reading on my watch meant that I should be having a heart attack!! Thought it might need the battery replaced but now it seems to work fine. Any idea how often it should be changed??
  • speedyf
    Options

HAHA - I have almost had the same temper tantrum and returned home - or didn't want to go out because I forgot to put the Garmin on it's charger! Actually the other day my chest strap must have been doing something weird because what it was reading on my watch meant that I should be having a heart attack!! Thought it might need the battery replaced but now it seems to work fine. Any idea how often it should be changed??

I have a Polar, and I know someone that still has the same WearLink battery; it has more than 900 hours on it!! If you're getting an odd read, try washing your chest strap in hot water, but maybe it just moved; it does happen to me once in a while when I run. The chest strap moves, and the readings are inaccurate. Always a pleasure to 'readjust' everything when you're running outside and everybody's out mowing their lawn, or playing outside with the kids. :grumble: Or when at that exact moment, a few car passes you by, while you haven't seen anybody for the previous 30 minutes. :huh: Happens to me at least once per month....
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    3.2 miles of 3/1 intervals last night before spin....
    40.93/80 complete...i will make this months goal plus a little to make up for the shortage last month....only 181.17 miles until i reach "HOME"...really want to do it before we actually go home this july on vacation...

denise
  • laurieblair2012
    Options

exercise.png
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Walked/run 3 miles getting better at this lol

exercise.png
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    ticker update

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options

I have a Polar, and I know someone that still has the same WearLink battery; it has more than 900 hours on it!! If you're getting an odd read, try washing your chest strap in hot water, but maybe it just moved; it does happen to me once in a while when I run. The chest strap moves, and the readings are inaccurate. Always a pleasure to 'readjust' everything when you're running outside and everybody's out mowing their lawn, or playing outside with the kids. :grumble: Or when at that exact moment, a few car passes you by, while you haven't seen anybody for the previous 30 minutes. :huh: Happens to me at least once per month....

This thread is so weird. I wore my Garmin hiking with the dogs today for the first time. Was expecting to see that I had burned tons of calories because the terrain is hilly and uneven but it didn't read my heart rate properly and showed long stretches where it was below 80. Also, the mileage from the foot pod was way off registering 2.7 miles when I know from my GPS it's a 4 mile loop. Oh well. Alas, I also don't get to log any miles today for this challenge because I stupidly agreed to only count running :grumble: :grumble: Seriously everyone else is doing so well and I have every intention of catching up and making my goal. Happy Friday!
  • ndoh297
    ndoh297 Posts: 7
    Options
    did another 6miles today
  • speedyf
    Options

@jth: Alas, I also don't get to log any miles today for this challenge because I stupidly agreed to only count running :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Welcome aboard Janet! I know how you feel. I WILL add bicycle miles next month, it will be more encouraging! :noway:
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day yesterday and have moved 13 today.
    Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    bfd8896b5e1cb30.gif
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    @jth: Alas, I also don't get to log any miles today for this challenge because I stupidly agreed to only count running :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Welcome aboard Janet! I know how you feel. I WILL add bicycle miles next month, it will be more encouraging! :noway:

But wait - Speedy aren't you the one who was originally only doing running miles and Janet and I joined in??? :huh: That's it! I'm adding my walking miles to my total! :angry:

exercise.png

Just kidding!!! I needed the running only CHALLENGE and I'm happy I'm doing it. :glasses: I'm also happily doing NO sit-ups. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    4.75 miles run today. 23.9 out of 60 for the month.

exercise.png