*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May *

Options

Replies

• fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5/28 5 miles

5/29 2.5 miles

total for the month 88 miles, will probably run another 3 miles this evening.
  • hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ran 1 mile today!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hi :D, for the people who are interested to continue in June, I have posted a check-in thread for June in the group board, here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612804-runners-check-in-for-june-week-1-fr-06-01-su-06-03

You may have to 'join' the group before you see the thread. Any runner can join !!! Looking forward to another month!!

PS - there will be less frequent updates of the spread sheet in the latter part of June because I will be traveling in remote areas [in Northern Europe] yup they still excist. I will still make the updated - but less frequent - because I will still need to travel into town where they have Internet (an agricultural town of 30K+ people) to go grocery shopping. I will be staying in a village of about 10 or so households. (: which is great for running! I may be able to get a mobile unit but it did not work last year ...

PPS - yes I do have an accent on my English, just in case you wondered (explains my grammatical and 'spelling' errors).
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    did an extra 0.9mi this evening...every little bit counts at this point!

Total 108.7...

11.3 to go, but I'm not updating the ticker for this one ;-)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5/29- five S-L-O-W miles for me tonight. my legs were dead :yawn:

exercise.png

but, that takes me over my goal... whew! i made it! :bigsmile:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Leanz said:

Um! Silly question maybe but lots of runners here so someone may have an answer!

My big toes are feeling sore - nails are good, no visible redness or blisters, same shoes since last Christmas but I am running further each week.

I am registered for a 10k 17 June - don't want any hiccups!

Is this problem unique to me or more common?? Any remedies??

Thanks guys :)

You probably also need to consider that feet swell a bit while you run, so a close fit is probably not a good idea.
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 15 miles
    Week 2: 25 miles
    Week 3: 19 miles
    Week 4: 24 miles

Total for May as of 05.27.12 = 83 miles

exercise.png

Hey Cooriander - need another update to the spreadsheet when you have time :-) Working on finishing out the last 17 miles by 05.31.12 (which means I've been running in the rain the past two days)!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Week 1: 15 miles
    Week 2: 25 miles
    Week 3: 19 miles
    Week 4: 24 miles

Total for May as of 05.27.12 = 83 miles

exercise.png

Hey Cooriander - need another update to the spreadsheet when you have time :-) Working on finishing out the last 17 miles by 05.31.12 (which means I've been running in the rain the past two days)!

I just updated the spreadsheet, and I got the 83 miles there - I think we posted/updated at the same time :smile: you may need to refresh your browser to ensure that the browser gets the latest cached copy (:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    a quick May refresh - since we are at the end of the month! :tongue:

2012-May-Check.PNG
    2012-Legend.PNG
    2012-May-Trophy.PNG
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    3.5miles 30 May
    60.5 total

Ticker Updated

exercise.png

Edit: PS Well I'm not going to make my goal but I am very pleased with what I have achieved. Thanks for the inspiration and for the spreadsheet :bigsmile:
  • Leanz
    Options
    Leanz said:

Um! Silly question maybe but lots of runners here so someone may have an answer!

My big toes are feeling sore - nails are good, no visible redness or blisters, same shoes since last Christmas but I am running further each week.

You probably also need to consider that feet swell a bit while you run, so a close fit is probably not a good idea.

Thank you
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Leanz said:

Thank you

I also had problems with my toes bothering me when I ran - they usually started to hurt around 4.5 or 5 miles. I ended up needing to buy a shoe that was a whole size bigger than I normally wear for running. I had read that you should get a half size bigger and had done that. I ended up getting my feet fitted at a running shoe store.
  • Leanz
    Options
    czmmom - thank you! Shopping on the horizon I think :wink:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    May 28 5 miles
    May 29 5 miles
    May 30 5 miles
    Total for the month
    146 miles
  • dsharpie
    dsharpie Posts: 55
    Options
    OK, so I am sure I did this to myself for stating it at the beginning of the month when I set my goal, but I have been nursing some knee pain so unfortunatly I don't think I am going to make my goal this month. And I was off to such a great start. I am so irritated with my body, why can't it just do what I want it to do. Anyway here is what I have to add:
    5/28 - 4
    5/29 - 4
  • fasterandbetter
    Options
    5/29 evening treadmill run 3 miles

total for the month 91 miles
  • fasterandbetter
    Options
    5/30 6 miles today

total for the month 97 miles, only 3 miles to go to reach my goal!!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at this checking in thing. I'm at 56 for the month.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    carsonruns- i just wanted to say 270 miles??? :glasses: even if you don't meet your goal this month, you are officially a beast in my book! congratulations! i am in awe.

:flowerforyou:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    About 3 miles yesterday. Tuesday track hill workout. Ugh. (not all 3 were hills, had to run to the hill, do repeats, then back).