Do you???

Options

Replies

• duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
    I was on a previous program and was told I had free foods (like non starchy vegetables) that I did not need to track... That way did not work for me... now I tend to believe there is no "free foods" and I'm making better progress :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I log everything its working why mess with what works kwim
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I don't log my fruits and vegetables. My sister started weight watchers around the same time I started MFP and she was telling me that fruits and most veggies have no points because it encourages you to snack healthier knowing that it's not gonna work against you in any way. And it's true. After almost 5 months of doing that, I crave apples bananas and strawberries at snack time.
    As opposed to before that when I would snack on chips. popcorn and chocolate

i do not log fruits and non starchy vegetables on here b/c of the same reason. My friend started WW and they do not make you count fruit and non starchy vegetables either. She has lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and I have lost 5 in 2 weeks, with 5 more to go. ( I cheat on Saturdays and Sunday's to keep my sanity, but I try not to cheat too bad). I made up a rule for myself though...I will start logging fruit if I have more than 3 servings. So, if I have an apple and a banana, I don't count them. If i have an apple, banana, and strawberries, I will log the highest calorie fruit...the banana.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I log everything, except water, spices and the cheerio or two my DD slips me. My diet has vegetarian leanings, and if I didn't log what I eat, it would look like I'm eating nothing.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'll reply seriously in case this really is a serious question ....

If it enters my mouth, I log it. A banana has 100 calories on average. A baby apple is 60 calories ... cherries, berries, oranges ... you name it, it has calories ... why wouldn't you log it? If your calorie goal is, say, 1400 calories, and you reach that goal without including the fruits and veggies you eat, then you're actually eating anywhere in the range of 1600-1700 depending on how much fruit and veggies you eat.

If it has calories, log it ... otherwise you're cheating yourself. Just my opinion.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When I eat them I log them. Veggies I log because I am apt to eat a whole bag or can instead of a serving size and the cals add up, same with fruits. I eat large enough fruits to make it worthwhile.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I log it all. I like seeing the veggies in my log :)

I also love seeing all the good stuff I'm eating! If you are trying to get healthy it's nice to see how much & of what you are consuming, really veggies should be the most stuff on our diaries.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I log just about everything that goes in my mouth with the exception of gum and pills. Like most people have already mentioned, a lot of fruits have nearly 100 calories in one piece. Of course that is fabulous compared to a bag of chips, BUT say your calorie goal is 1400 and you eat 1400 calories of food, but didn't log the banana, apple and baby carrots you had, you are looking at about 200 calories over your goal.
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i do log everything, it all counts and especially with fruit its easy to go over my calorie allowance if i don't, that said if you are not logging them and still losing weight then its not doing any harm, and may lead to you choosing a healthier option as a snack if you're not having to take it into account, good luck, i hope it works for you:wink:
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I log mine. I could easily eat 300-500 calories a day of just fruits and veggies and if I didn't log it I would be way over. Weight Watchers doesn't factor calories into their points equation, and its true that most people don't eat enough fruit and veggies, but if you are getting the recommended daily amount those calories are way higher than if you trade a bag of chips for an apple once a day.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Whats the point of logging if you selectively leave things out because you "dont' want them to count against your calories"? Isn't that kind of defeating the point?
  • msjsm
    msjsm Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't log fruits and veggies unless it was a main component in my meal. Part of the reason I got into this mess was by skipping the fruits and veggies as sides and going straight for whatever was high in fat and carbs. I don't want to discourage myself from eating more of what I know is good for me.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I log everything for the most part. Unless it is spices etc. I can see why one wouldn't log veggies, but considering the sugar content and higher calorie count of fruit I would log them.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I log them for the tracking purpose of the national values.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I'm a pescetarian, so 98% of what I eat are vegetables.

It's all about the discipline of logging, and being accurate, for me.

Plus, if you believe they're low cal, why not log? I do it to keep the count from creeping without my knowledge!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I sure do. I log everything. There are hidden calories that I might not think about.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't do you great harm to not log your veggies, but fruits DEFINITELY. A lot of calories if you're not careful. Too much of anything is a bad thing! :smile:

I totally agree. Depending on what fruits you desire, they can come high in sugar so it's best to keep track.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I log fruits(and vegetables) because I eat so much of them ( well fruits anyway), usually, its about half my calorie intake. I don't usually log my tea or coffee though cause I never put anything in it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    So many people using the word "log" in this thread made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusMzC7Rx7M&feature=related
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I tried this no logging the fruits and veggies and after a couple of months of no to little loss I started logging everything, some fruits have alot more calories than I thought. The only things I don't log are the vitimans and medicine I take.