• BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories. Log it!
    Agree
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Whats the point of logging if you selectively leave things out because you "dont' want them to count against your calories"? Isn't that kind of defeating the point?

^^this

If follow Health Canada's recommended number of servings of fruits & vegetables you would have a log that's potentially out by several hundred calories per day.

Do you disconnect the odometer in the car just because you're driving to church on Sunday?
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    I typically eat a few hundred calories of fruit, so I definitely log them.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    the only thing i don't log is water. For instance today I'm having 1/4 cup of green beans and while WW counts those as 0 points, we are counting calories here and they have calories. If you put it in your mouth, log it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I ate 12 bananas yesterday, and hell no I didn't log them... I didn't want to see 1260 extra calories in my diary!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    What is Low Calories, and when is it ok not to log? Does that mean that if I eat only 1/4 of a donut, I don't have to log it? Then I can wait 30 minutes and eat another 1/4, and not log that, and continue all day? Then, you eat a half dozen donuts all day and don't log any of them? Don't fool yourself....log if you want to, and don't log if you don't want to, but when you don't count something just because its not unhealthy, the calories are still there and you won't get the results you expect.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    An Oreo cookie is 55 calories. You would log that right? So why would you not log a banana that has 100+ calories? Calories are still calories. Fruit and vegetables are where they should come from, not cookies, don't get me wrong, but they are still counting against you. Anything else is just fudging the numbers if you ask me.
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    If you put it in your mouth, log it.

So many places one could go with this...
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would at least log the fruit.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My theory is if it goes in your face, it should go in your food journal.
  • acr0bat
    acr0bat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water which I know I've got enough of and it doesn't affect readings.

Fruit is often loaded with sugars. I've found a lot of foods have been entered into the database with this missing so it's worth checking that when you scan in a barcode.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I do for most fruits. An apple is 80-100 calories. Definitely enough to justify logging.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I log everything that has calories. As soon as you stop logging certain things, or just guesstimating amounts, your actual intake will vary wildly (most likely higher) from what you are logging.
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    log it all.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

hmmm, not sure I log everything that goes in my face...
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you have an banana a day for a year and don't log it, that will be roughly 100 calories * 365 = 36,500 extra calories a year. At roughly 3500 calories per pound, you would gain over 10lbs in year!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    lol @ this.

hmmm, not sure I log everything that goes in my face...
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I log everything, because a calorie is a calorie no matter what and they add up if you're not paying attention.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Log your fruits and veggies?
    I stoppped logging it bc most are really low in calories, and I don't want this to count against my calories. What are your thoughts? Im just curious :smile:
    If you eat it, log it. Unless you have your calories set really too low, then eating the fruits and veggies without counting them might not be a bad idea.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I log them. They still have calories and it all adds up.