Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I log them just for fun. they're so fun to log :bigsmile:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to log fruits and veggies because they're low in calories and I don't want the other foods to count against my calories for the day!
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Yep. I log it all, that way I get an accurate account of how many calories im consuming within just one meal. Not only that, it's surprising to see that some fruits and veggies actually do have a somewhat high calorie count {like bananas have over 100 calories}. Also sometimes I may have more then a serving size of some veggies {mostly at dinner} and logging it keeps me in line with tracking all my calories.

The only thing I do not track is coffee. I have 1-2 cups in the morning, with sugar free creamer and 1 cup in the afternoon, after work, before my workout {to give me that extra jolt of energy} and I do not log those.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've considered not logging them. What I would do is set my calories super low though, like at 500. Then I would work to stay under 500 non veg/fruit calories.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Yes I log them because I tend to overeat, even produce. :embarassed:
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Anything that goes in my mouth is logged EVERYTHING
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do. They make up a large part of what I eat and I'd be way over my calories every day if I didn't account for them.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I log everything I consume that has calories, fat, protein, carbs, or sodium. So basically everything that's not water. I don't understand why one wouldn't log everything they consume? A calorie is a calorie my friend :)
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I log everything including fruit and veg for the same reasons as many on here. It's all calories.....tea, coffee, cake....it all adds up!
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I log damn near everything. Even if I just take a bite of something that someone wanted me to try. Like today I added .1 of curry potatoes and .1 of channa masala because two co-workers wanted me to try a bite of homemade experiments. :)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Log your fruits and veggies?
    I stoppped logging it bc most are really low in calories, and I don't want this to count against my calories. What are your thoughts? Im just curious :smile:

I don't want to be rude and say that this is ridiculous, but it makes no sense to me. The point of this site is to calorie count and log what your eating, if you don't log your food you aren't logging your calories, therefore not keeping track of the nutrients etc going into your body. Most fruit has around 80 calories and a good deal of sugar and carbs, veggies have a lot of fiber and both have vitamins. You not logging them is cheating yourself because they DO count againt your calories. Eat enough and you will gain. Sorry if I came off as harsh, but that's just how I see it.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't log fruits and veggies unless it was a main component in my meal. Part of the reason I got into this mess was by skipping the fruits and veggies as sides and going straight for whatever was high in fat and carbs. I don't want to discourage myself from eating more of what I know is good for me.

How would logging them discourage you? I'm seriously asking? Like others, I very much like seeing the healthier stuff in my log. Why would seeing that you ate fruits and veggies yesterday discourage you from eating them today?
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I log except spices
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Fruit, yes. Vegetables, only if I feel like it, but its not a big deal to me and never makes a difference in my progress if I don't log it.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I count them.
  • charlaic
    charlaic Posts: 7
    Options
    I log everything . this Helps me not to go overboard with anything.
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I log both fruits and vegetables. Logging fruits keeps track of my calories while logging vegetables keeps track of my fiber.
    As one poster mentioned, WW doesn't count these. However their base calorie levels when compared to MFP are lower.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I log fruit, I don't log veggies but I stay aware of my caloric "space" that day in case I do feel the veggies will be significant. If veggies make up a large portion of a meal (say a huge salad as a whole meal) then I log it, but not veggies ON things (like a wrap, say), or as a small side.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary. My diet is probably 80 - 90% fruits and veggies if I am eating "correctly". Following an approach that I hope will lead to vegan. Although I am only a few months in and still struggle some days. What I say about logging carrots and lettuce and things like that is sometimes I just go for "close enough" and don't freak out over exactly how many grams there are EXACTLY. Some fruits like bananas and mangos are more calorie dense and avocados and butternut squash and sweet potatoes.

Edit: on really good days I can reach 80 gms of fiber through fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, & seeds! = D

Susan
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    I log Fruit, due to natural sugars, are about 100 calories per, which adds up. Veggies i don't really track, just guesstimate the calories and do a quick add. It saves my sanity as I'm not spending a lot of time logging low calorie foods.