Response to the "man rules" woman perspective

Options

Replies

• tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

1. Why should we have to touch the nasty toilet seat? You put it up, you put it down.

If your toilet seat is nasty, maybe some cleaning is in order. I can promise you your bed is probably more disgusting than a piece of porcelain.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Alright, this just shows I have entirely to much time on my hands. Sorry for the length but wanted to refer to other post so it makes sense. Hope it provides some clarity.

RESPONSE

1. Why should we have to touch the nasty toilet seat? You put it up, you put it down.

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you either. Live with it.

1. Shopping is only a sport on black Friday. Any other time it is a way to get away from you or distress.

1. You say wear anything until we constantly look bedraggled then see your reaction. Really.

1. Crying is natural when you feel emotional.

1. We only hint because in reality we DON’T LIKE TO NAG! We are hoping after the 900th time that we have asked for something that you will get it so we only hint as a gentle reminder before the *****ing begins.

1. It is not our fault that you cannot remember our milestone events. Bet every one of you can remember opening day of hunting, opening day of baseball, draft pick day. . . .

1. Maybe

1. We appreciate your help with our problems.

1. Sometimes we just don’t feel like having sex and if it lasts 17 months sex is not the issue.

1. That’s what you are for.

1. We may forgive but we never forget.
    1. Uh who needs the drama of a soap opera guy?????

1. If we are already sad or angry it is too late.

1. If it is subtle ok. . .if not its disrespectful.

1. Is that what you tell your manager at work? Better believe if we know a better way we will tell you and that doesn’t mean it becomes our responsibility.

1. And to that we will add. . .the sex is never going to be like it was the first two months. Get over it.

1. We don’t expect you to be decorating guru. We really just want you to stand there and nod.

1. Scratch it just don’t be vulgar.

1. We don’t expect you to be mind readers just conscious of our feelings. The longer the relationship the better you should know us.

1. If you ask us what is wrong and you say “nothing” then typically we do not want to deal with you either or we want you to pursue us. This is where that mind reading skill comes in handy.

Welcome to the de-masculation of the male species. LOL

Why do women want men to change so much? :laugh: It ain't gonna happen. Relish in the fact that we ARE predictable. Use it to your advantage. :flowerforyou:
    Why do men want women to change so much? If I'm a ***** then damit I'm gonna be an even bigger one if you try to tell me not to. Get over it.

Saying "yo, let us be men" isn't telling you what to do.
    Yo let me be a ***** and plot your death while you sleep every night

So, letting me be a man and watch sports and forget things sometimes, means you have to kill me in the night? or want to?

and they wonder why the term *****es be crazy came about.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Second post was just plain stupid. I guess I must be a dude.

It was meant to be goofy. Sorry to take up so much of your busy day!
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Errm, just treat people like they're people. I hate generalising based on gender - everyone has individual needs, so these rules are ****ing stupid imo. Are they supposed to be funny?
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think everything the man post said is reasonable.
    Givens really..

Although today 4 times i have had to put the seat down, and one time i pulled back my hand and it was slightly damp...
    Um yes, that is why we ask for you who pee'd on the seat, to lower it.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. I DON'T GIVE A ****, I TURN THE LIGHT ON AN CHECK ANYWAYS.

1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it. What a surprise, I don't think about you 24/7 either

1. Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way. Shopping is a chore

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really. Lies, otherwise, women would all look like monkey and never shave... Don't be a butthead, both parties should uphold a presentable look

1. Crying is blackmail. Yes it it

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:

Subtle hints do not work

Strong hints do not work

Obvious hints do not work

Just say it! Same goes for men

1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand. I forget my anniversary... Feels good man:smokin:

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. How many oranges fell out of the tree??? No and yes are only acceptable for about 45%.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
    So if one of your loved ones dies, I suppose, you'd like me to smack you in the face and tell you to get over it... Didn't think so!

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor. Ya....

1. Check your oil! Please. Do you even know how to check oil?

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
    Goes both ways.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys. And if you take care of yourself like a slob, don't expect me to shave my legs :)

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic. Again, goes both ways.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. Yet again, goes both ways.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that. Oh look! Goes, both ways again.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Alright, this just shows I have entirely to much time on my hands. Sorry for the length but wanted to refer to other post so it makes sense. Hope it provides some clarity.

RESPONSE

1. Shopping is only a sport on black Friday. Any other time it is a way to get away from you or distress.

1. You say wear anything until we constantly look bedraggled then see your reaction. Really.

1. We only hint because in reality we DON’T LIKE TO NAG! We are hoping after the 900th time that we have asked for something that you will get it so we only hint as a gentle reminder before the *****ing begins.

1. It is not our fault that you cannot remember our milestone events. Bet every one of you can remember opening day of hunting, opening day of baseball, draft pick day. . . .

1. Maybe

1. Sometimes we just don’t feel like having sex and if it lasts 17 months sex is not the issue.

1. Is that what you tell your manager at work? Better believe if we know a better way we will tell you and that doesn’t mean it becomes our responsibility.

1. And to that we will add. . .the sex is never going to be like it was the first two months. Get over it.

1. We don’t expect you to be decorating guru. We really just want you to stand there and nod.

1. We don’t expect you to be mind readers just conscious of our feelings. The longer the relationship the better you should know us.

1. If you ask us what is wrong and you say “nothing” then typically we do not want to deal with you either or we want you to pursue us. This is where that mind reading skill comes in handy.

Why do women want men to change so much? :laugh: It ain't gonna happen. Relish in the fact that we ARE predictable. Use it to your advantage. :flowerforyou:
    Why do men want women to change so much? If I'm a ***** then damit I'm gonna be an even bigger one if you try to tell me not to. Get over it.

I TOTALY agree with you!!!!! You have WAYYYYYY to much time on your hands!!!! lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Um I have to agree with the man part of the rules.

I most definitely agree with just being blunt and saying what you want. I've hinted at things and got nothing. I point blank told my husband that I'd be thrilled if Santa got me an iPad for Christmas and I got one.

And for forgetting dates: My husband relies on me to remember dates -- birthdays, places we have to be etc. etc. -- because he just doesn't have time to remember them and I have about 30 calendars that I put stuff on so that I never forget. Oh, and neither one of us knew what our wedding anniversary was until we found out it was a mutual friends birthday. Now we will never forget. :wink:
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I, unfortunately, agree with the man part of the rules. My husband breaks everyone of those rule (he always remembers our anniversary and has to remind me). One of use appears to be confused.
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    I usually remember important dates by the text messages saying "OMG THANKS!". because FTD has this nifty feature where you can have it automatically send flowers to people on certain days, with a personalized note.

Makes me look awesome at remembering everything important.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    TL:DR
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

RESPONSE

1. Maybe

So, letting me be a man and watch sports and forget things sometimes, means you have to kill me in the night? or want to?

and they wonder why the term *****es be crazy came about.
    No I'm saying I won't change you if you let me be the crazy person I am :flowerforyou:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Typically I stay away from these types of arguments that are man or woman bashing. Being proud to be a man/women is only a step below from being proud to be human, and a slight step above racial, ethnic or national pride. No one should be proud of something they were born with, you had nothing to do with it. So blah blah blah, men this, women that. Here's a statistical fact, a whole lot of both sex suck at life. You don't need a list to know that.
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    The chances of you being actually crazy? Less than 1%.

The chances of you wanting everyone to think you're crazy? 1000000%
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I don't care what people think I am. I plot my own death about 50 times a day as well as plot the end of the world in varies different ways. One of them including zombies and aliens.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I love my husband to pieces, and he could have written the first post. Here are things that I have learned:
    1) It's only a toilet seat. Check before you sit.
    2) If I want something, I have to spell it out. Not treat him like an idiot, or treat him like a mindreader, but tell him specifically what it is that I want or need.
    3) Things that are important to me, aren't always important to him. I have to communicate with him, so that he can understand why it is important to me, and vice versa.
    4) I hate to shop. He does a much better job.
    5) It's all about compromise, and learning how to communicate with each other.
    6) Life is too short to act like a b**** all of the time. There are times when it happens - but if you're acting like one all of the time, you sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown. Men dig respect...show them some of that, and you will be amazed at what lengths they will go to, to ensure your happiness. It's an amazing thing. :smile:
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I love my husband to pieces, and he could have written the first post. Here are things that I have learned:
    1) It's only a toilet seat. Check before you sit.
    2) If I want something, I have to spell it out. Not treat him like an idiot, or treat him like a mindreader, but tell him specifically what it is that I want or need.
    3) Things that are important to me, aren't always important to him. I have to communicate with him, so that he can understand why it is important to me, and vice versa.
    4) I hate to shop. He does a much better job.
    5) It's all about compromise, and learning how to communicate with each other.
    6) Life is too short to act like a b**** all of the time. There are times when it happens - but if you're acting like one all of the time, you sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown. Men dig respect...show them some of that, and you will be amazed at what lengths they will go to, to ensure your happiness. It's an amazing thing. :smile:

THUMBS UP cause you used the word HUSBAND instead of HUBBY
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I don't care what people think I am. I plot my own death about 50 times a day as well as plot the end of the world in varies different ways. One of them including zombies and aliens.

I'm pretty sure there is medication for that.
  • MrEmoticon
    Options

lol. I remember dating a girl who used to hang out with a group of friends that had the same mentality in like 6th grade.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

RESPONSE

1. Maybe

why do women expect men to change so much?