Response to the "man rules" woman perspective

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I got yelled at by an ex cause I can't remember the names of the guys I've slept with before him...yet he can't remember his own birthday -_-

#1. Why would that conversation even he happening??? Like why would he want to know the names of people you've slept with??? Those are things WAY better left untold.

#2. Not really sure how relevant the fact that you can't remember the names of dudes you've banged is to this thread, unless you just really wanted people to know you've slept around at some point in time.

#3. He can't remember his own birthday? Really? HIS OWN BIRTHDAY?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I love my husband to pieces, and he could have written the first post. Here are things that I have learned:
    1) It's only a toilet seat. Check before you sit.
    2) If I want something, I have to spell it out. Not treat him like an idiot, or treat him like a mindreader, but tell him specifically what it is that I want or need.
    3) Things that are important to me, aren't always important to him. I have to communicate with him, so that he can understand why it is important to me, and vice versa.
    4) I hate to shop. He does a much better job.
    5) It's all about compromise, and learning how to communicate with each other.
    6) Life is too short to act like a b**** all of the time. There are times when it happens - but if you're acting like one all of the time, you sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown. Men dig respect...show them some of that, and you will be amazed at what lengths they will go to, to ensure your happiness. It's an amazing thing. :smile:

Too bad you're already married. :flowerforyou:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I grew a penis over night.. I agree with the original post.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall, but really, this thread makes me want to let all of the men out there know this because some of the women's responses have made me feel a bit stabby:

Dear MEN:
    I love that you look for solutions to problems instead of just whining about things (and that you let me whine and then offer solutions).
    I vastly prefer that you leave the toilet seat up rather than keep it down and pee on the seat.
    I hate shopping more than most of you do.
    I hope that some of the "I can't help it, I'm a guy" ogling you do is in my direction (and I'm going to pretend it is, so don't burst my bubble, okay??).
    If a particular day is important to me, I'll tell you and, if I don't remind you a thousand times, I don't blame you for forgetting.
    You should get regular sex in a relationship - none of this "I have a headache" crap.
    Sometimes I need to cry, but if it makes you feel blackmailed or manipulated, I love that you can tell me to snap out of it - tough love is sometimes very necessary.
    Anyway, that's all I have off the top of my head, but I really do love and appreciate men.
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,
    Cory :flowerforyou:
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    HAHAH LOVE IT
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall, but really, this thread makes me want to let all of the men out there know this because some of the women's responses have made me feel a bit stabby:

Dear MEN:
    I love that you look for solutions to problems instead of just whining about things (and that you let me whine and then offer solutions).
    I vastly prefer that you leave the toilet seat up rather than keep it down and pee on the seat.
    I hope that some of the "I can't help it, I'm a guy" ogling you do is in my direction (and I'm going to pretend it is, so don't burst my bubble, okay??).
    If a particular day is important to me, I'll tell you and, if I don't remind you a thousand times, I don't blame you for forgetting.
    You should get regular sex in a relationship - none of this "I have a headache" crap.
    Sometimes I need to cry, but if it makes you feel blackmailed or manipulated, I love that you can tell me to snap out of it - tough love is sometimes very necessary.
    Anyway, that's all I have off the top of my head, but I really do love and appreciate men.
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,

You forgot to top this off with the picture of the tongue!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Dear MEN:
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,

Friend request incoming!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Dear MEN:
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,

:flowerforyou:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

Dear MEN:
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,

And that's why you're our favorite :drinker: \m/
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I got yelled at by an ex cause I can't remember the names of the guys I've slept with before him...yet he can't remember his own birthday -_-

#1. Why would that conversation even he happening??? Like why would he want to know the names of people you've slept with??? Those are things WAY better left untold.

#2. Not really sure how relevant the fact that you can't remember the names of dudes you've banged is to this thread, unless you just really wanted people to know you've slept around at some point in time.

1. He liked to think that I was pure before we met and anyone else was just a dream. So he just randomly asked one day

2. There was a comment about memory (and I'm a dirty girl so I want everyone to know) /end sarcasm.

3. Not only his own birthday, but he has no idea when Christmas is (and yes he's Christian), can't remember what date Valentine's Day is on, or any other date for that matter. If the 4th of July didn't have the date in it's name he'd never know.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    [[/quote]

Too bad you're already married. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Awww...you just made me blush. :blushing:

It's pretty simple, once you think about it. The one thing that men want in a relationship (besides the obvious), is respect from their spouse/girlfriend/significant other. And I think most women give that when they feel loved....which unfortunately is a LOT more complex! :tongue:
  • doorki
    Options

1. He liked to think that I was pure before we met and anyone else was just a dream. So he just randomly asked one day

2. There was a comment about memory (and I'm a dirty girl so I want everyone to know) /end sarcasm.

3. Not only his own birthday, but he has no idea when Christmas is (and yes he's Christian), can't remember what date Valentine's Day is on, or any other date for that matter. If the 4th of July didn't have the date in it's name he'd never know.

I hope he is bilingual so that he can remember Cinco De Mayo!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options

Dear MEN:
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,

Right back at you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am very thankful, OP, that you titled this "woman perspective" and not "women perspective". If this is the way you think, I damn sure don't want you speaking for me!

The fact that men, generally, are fairly predictable is the basis of my attraction for them. Women are hot. Women are sexy. If you see one that is nice to look at, chances are, I am looking too. It is the same thing as me drooling over brownies. If I want to go shopping, I am taking a girl. I do NOT expect a man to sit there while I try on 17 different dresses looking for the one that makes both my boobs and *kitten* look great. And when I do find it, I want you to see it when I am ready for you to see it. When the whole look is done. Not while I am sweaty and disgruntled. If I can't figure out a solution, I will ask. If I just want to vent, I will find someone with a vagina that also likes tequila and we will make an evening of it. If you leave the toilet seat up, It's ok. If I don't check it before sitting, knowing that you stand up to pee, that is my fault. The toilet seat is only dirty if I let it get that way. I will NEVER...... I repeat, NEVER hold out sex from you. If I am mad at you, I am damn sure not punishing ME. I am gonna make you have sex repeatedly until I am too tired to be angry. And a headache? Gimme a break! Endorphins (like you get from having sex) temporarily get rid of headaches. And I dont have headaches often, if I say no because I REALLY have a bad headache, you can guarantee that the next night (or even the next morning) you WILL be getting taken care of in some way.
  • doorki
    Options
    I am very thankful, OP, that you titled this "woman perspective" and not "women perspective". If this is the way you think, I damn sure don't want you speaking for me!

The fact that men, generally, are fairly predictable is the basis of my attraction for them. Women are hot. Women are sexy. If you see one that is nice to look at, chances are, I am looking too. It is the same thing as me drooling over brownies. If I want to go shopping, I am taking a girl. I do NOT expect a man to sit there while I try on 17 different dresses looking for the one that makes both my boobs and *kitten* look great. And when I do find it, I want you to see it when I am ready for you to see it. When the whole look is done. Not while I am sweaty and disgruntled. If I can't figure out a solution, I will ask. If I just want to vent, I will find someone with a vagina that also likes tequila and we will make an evening of it. If you leave the toilet seat up, It's ok. If I don't check it before sitting, knowing that you stand up to pee, that is my fault. The toilet seat is only dirty if I let it get that way. I will NEVER...... I repeat, NEVER hold out sex from you. If I am mad at you, I am damn sure not punishing ME. I am gonna make you have sex repeatedly until I am too tired to be angry. And a headache? Gimme a break! Endorphins (like you get from having sex) temporarily get rid of headaches. And I dont have headaches often, if I say no because I REALLY have a bad headache, you can guarantee that the next night (or even the next morning) you WILL be getting taken care of in some way.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Dear My Man,

Even if you forget to put the seat down from time to time, I'll still guarantee you a spectacular March 14. :drinker:

Sincerely,
    Me
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping, period. No problem there. I would not date a man who was really into sports anyway, because that's about as interesting (and reality-based) as a woman talking about The Bachelor like it means a damn thing.

So...here's to people who aren't walking stereotypes, I guess.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    "why do women expect men to change so much?"

Usually, it's a test to see if you're a wimp or not.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Dear My Man,

Even if you forget to put the seat down from time to time, I'll still guarantee you a spectacular March 14. :drinker:

Sincerely,
    Me

I will remember to put the seat down always just to ensure a spectacular March 14th :bigsmile:
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options

And this is why your my MFPeep. Also, I LOVE tequila.