Best vacation you ever had?

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Probably my best vacation was to Italy when I was still in high school. It was my first time in Europe, I was with my family (who I love to travel with), and we saw a lot while we were there.

Another memoriable trip was going to Maui with friends in college. We'd all gotten our PADI certifications so we did a lot of scuba diving.

India was also pretty cool, but I was traveling with people who would waste half the day discussing how we should spend the day, and staying with people who tried to discourage us from seeing anything outside of New Delhi. So I didn't get much out of it. I was also freezing the whole time and got food poisoning (and the Taj Mahal was an absolute nightmare!). But I still would like to go back someday.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Personally- I love to cruise. Seeing so many beautiful places in one trip- while never having to worry about how you're getting there, where you're going to stay, or re-packing. Plus- the food!!!

Been on cruises through Central America (including Panama Canal)
    Caribbean
    West Caribbean
    Virgin Islands

All were great- and wouldn't have changed a thing.

South America is lovely, too: been to Bolivia twice (I love Santa Cruz!) and did a road trip through Paraguay. Awesome!

My family's done a lot of cruises-- they're great for a large, diverse group where you have grandparents, grandchildren, and everyone in between. At first I wasn't crazy about cruising because you don't have much time to see the destinations, but I've grown to love it. It really is relaxing. I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise with my partner's family in a couple weeks-- this will be their first introduction to cruising so I hope they like it!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I lived in Augsburg, Germany for a while and I travled all over Europe however, my most memorable one was a four day bike ride from Augsburg to Frankfurt where my big Brother was stationed.
    It was four days of biking and camping and it was wonderful. Of corse, I was in shape back then.
  • Wayneiswinning
    Wayneiswinning Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow.. You ladies are serious. I'll be 41 this year and the only places I've been are Canada, NYC and Jamaica. I feel like I'm missing so much! Happy Travels!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    India was also pretty cool, but I was traveling with people who would waste half the day discussing how we should spend the day, and staying with people who tried to discourage us from seeing anything outside of New Delhi.

^This is why I don't really like group traveling. I like to be able to do what I want without having to meet the needs of everyone in the group!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Three month long hunt in Canada during winter.
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maldives. Been a couple of times. Just awesome, above and below water.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Never been out of the country so my favorite vacation would have to be to Orange County, CA for two weeks in 2008. I live in PA so it was VERY different. haha
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have been to many places in the Caribbean for scuba dive trips (Bonaire, Dominica, St John, St Thomas, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Florida Keys, plus the ones I'm forgetting) and in the south pacific: Guam, Yap and Palau. Fave vacation though... cruising on a Carnival ship with a big group of family and friends while hoping from one to another of the Caribbean islands.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My best was probably Fiji.

I'm jealous! Where did you stay?

I don't remember the name of the island, but it was a family resort. Very awesome if you have children. Not so much if you're single.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I've never been many places. Only went one place outside the US and that was when I was a baby. The only vacation I do remember that I really liked was when I went to Pensacola, Fl as a kid. I know there're probably better places out there, but it's one of my earlier childhood memories.
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Been to: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Sril lanka.. best vacations with my hubby dear.. :)
    Cant wait: to go to Maldives and Scotland next year :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    my top 3:

-First time I went to NYC.. I was in college, it was actually the gift I gave myself for finishing my career. I saved money for a whole year, I didnt even went to the party, all I wanted was my trip.. Before 9-11 I was like ´I wanna go there I wanna go there´, of course my fam/parents thought I was crazy cause we have no family/friends there, BUT, once 9-11 happened, my biggest dream was to go there. A few months before that I met this pretty cool friend of mine, he lives in Brooklyn and used to be a cop, having a HUGE crush on cops and their uniforms, he was another reason for me to go there LOL.. He was just a penpal (yeah I have penpals.. still have a few), in 2002 he came to LA to spend sometime with a buddy/colleague fireman he met in NY with 9-11. So he told me he was coming to LA, and that he wanted to drive to SD to meet me... I started saving money for my NYC vacations the next day I met him.. and yep, I was landing in JFK almost a year after that. I felt tears on my eyes, I was just sooo excited to be there :happy:

-My Cancun trip back in 2008, I have a cousin that lives there, she works in a travel agency, so she took me to all the cool places for free!!.. including Chichen Itza, Captain Hook ship (you know what im talking about if u have been there), swimming with dolphins, Xcaret, and nightclubs including Coco Bongo. I had a blast!!

-My trip to Germany, went to Koblenz to visit a friend (he was originally from there), was my first time in Europe, and even tho I went to another countries, the time I spent in Germany was a blast, cause I was hanging out with him and he knew where to take me. Beautiful place!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Tie - Every single vacation trip I take to Washington to spend time and visit my boyfriend :heart:
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I've traveled the world and each and every place has been "the best" in one way or another. I am taking a trip back to Australia, Thailand, Singapore and VietNam later this year. Been to all before except vietnam, looking forward to that.
  • Asuhoru
    Asuhoru Posts: 8
    Options
    Fukuoka Japan.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tie - Every single vacation trip I take to Washington to spend time and visit my boyfriend :heart:

Awwwww :love:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my honeymoon in Cancun!

also, Smokey Mountains with my friends. that was excellent.
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've traveled the world and each and every place has been "the best" in one way or another.

A break in Milton Keynes would change your perspective.
  • scoobydeez
    Options
    When I studied abroad for 3 months in Florence, Italy....Jamaica was fun too!