Mom arrested for taking tot to tanning bed

Options
1234568»

Replies

• psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    After seeing the little girl, who is fair and red hair, who doesnt even look tan nor sunburned. I am sure they will drop this. I think that the only reason this message went viral is due to what mum looks like. I could be wrong tho.

Probably the most sensible reply so far. Kid looks fine, it's a non-story going viral because mom looks a bit freaky and people love that *kitten*.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is... Its new Jersey. The place is nothing but tanned garbage.
  • sheguay
    sheguay Posts: 14
    Options
    When I was in MA visiting a few years back I went to hometown tanning salon and had to fill out papers & such. One question posed asked if I used any other tanning salons. I asked why they asked this and the owner explained that the owners/mamagers of the tanning salons had come together to deter the tanning addicts from going to multiple salons every day...I could not believe this!!! It would never had crossed my mind about a tanning addiction gone crazy...it is yet another addiction...like food. Obviously this woman has some major issues and feels she 'looks' better all bronzed up like that.

What can I learn from this?! Lots...She has her own crap to deal with now...just like I do from all the years of poor eating habits...she will have to live with the consequences...just like I do. Subjecting herself to cancer, looking way older than her age, jeopardizing her daughter as well as teaching her daughter bad habits: if I look at what some of the consequences my extra weight has caused me and how it all still affects my life I will probably find parallels: teaching my children bad habits, diabetes risks (have type 2), heart problems, high blood pressure risk, stroke, etc.. Her issues do not take away from mine...I hope she gets help and addresses her needs...
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey I remember this episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Ohhh...wait.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    from New Jersey?

I'm so shocked.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Crap! That's just... eww. She's going to end up looking like a Ghoul and she's going to have her poor kid end up the same way. :(

Too late, she already looks like a Ghoul!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I like the idea of picking on a woman who either has a serious disease or a serious mental illness.

It sounds like a simple misunderstanding. Whatever choices she makes as an adult, so long as she isn't actually taking her child tanning (sounds like she and her daughter were 'pretend' tanning while outside in the sun) we cannot make the decision that she is a bad mother.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    i dont think it's true..i think everyone specially the media is miss interperting it. maybe the little girl accompanied her mom one time but never actually got tanned. i have 4 daughters and when kids are younger they dont exactly say wat they mean at times they may say it a little different..she said she went with her mother to the salon, she didnt say she laid in a tanning bed...and my kids hav really sensitive skin and get burnt super quick being at the park..my opinion, everyone is entitled to one.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Saw this story on the news this morning:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57425927-504083/patricia-krentcil-new-jersey-mother-accused-of-putting-her-6-year-old-girl-in-tanning-bed/

What blew me away wasn't so much what she did, but how old she is!

Guess?
    tanningmom.jpg

She's only 44! Yikes

She burnt her lips off!