Garbage bag while working out? Is this really bad?

Options

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Only if you are making a rap video

vma-missy-elliott.jpg

:laugh: That's what I was thinking..... I can't stand the rain.....against my window.... :laugh:
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Only if you are making a rap video

vma-missy-elliott.jpg

-Dead-
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if it actually helps burn fat faster?

Absolutely not.

I would stop this behavior immediately for potential health reasons.
    I would pretty much listen to what this very fit six pack says! lol

he is not a man, simply a very wise six pack....
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    anyone else notice that this guy's hand appears to be on backwards? ;)
    5f690741dab70019a26879a81a07fade.jpg
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    For some Science...a calorie is a unit of heat. We actually burn more calories working out in a cold environment (and there's some recommendation floating around to drink water icy cold, since the body burns calories warming the fluid up, even though water contains no calories), since our bodies have to work harder to stay warm. If overdressing or wearing plastic bags/wrap do anything it encourages the body to burn fewer calories, since the body is already operating at a higher than optimum temperature.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    There are far better ways to lose weight.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I see people doing this at the gym. Invariably overweight middle-aged people. I feel so bad for them. I want to say something, but I know they'll take it the wrong way. It just makes me sad whenever I see it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Sweating more doesn't increase fat loss any more. And yes it can possibly be dangerous if you're not re-hydrating.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on the plastic bag. The cheap ones suck but imo get Glad EXTRA STRONG bags. I hear these work the best for fast fat weight loss and suffocation. Just ask Dr Oz.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCGAe0lSXkAGQzPWb1DtMrz07dVZmQkHC65MTKup5efCEmiorC9Q

haha im only kidding. :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if all it took to be thin was sweating more, then there would be no overweight people in any hot climates.

also i dont quite understand how people expect this to work. fat turns into sweat? it just evaporates through your skin and turns into sweat?
  • Mizz1993
    Mizz1993 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think it just depends on the plastic bag. The cheap ones suck but imo get Glad EXTRA STRONG bags. I hear these work the best for fast fat weight loss and suffocation. Just ask Dr Oz.

ha...good one...couldn't find a different joke that hasn't already been said 20 times?
    Ya'll can suck a **** your going to be pricks. Its sad how there's always people who have to make a joke out of everything.
    Its very discouraging.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options

ha...good one...couldn't find a different joke that hasn't already been said 20 times?
    Ya'll can suck a **** your going to be pricks. Its sad how there's always people who have to make a joke out of everything.
    Its very discouraging.

Relax. You got some real and valuable input on how dangerous/useless wearing garbage bags with working out is. No reason to find the ones that piss you off and ignore the rest.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Okay so sometimes when i work out i like to wear a trash bag, it makes you sweat and heat up a lot faster.
    But i hear that its dangerous, i feel that it is dangerous if you do it all the time. Does anyone know if it actually helps burn fat faster?

Hi OP I wouldnt use a trash bag maybe do like the body builder Kai Greene and use a pull over. He trains all the time with it on. I dont know if he uses it to control is water weight or maybe there is a thermogenic factor as I have never researched why but it would be a better alternative if you want to sweat hard.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX3TZmozF1KvFPSlMKmJBD6cWQrNx1vEm-6z2zYLmEuwcPbXvr
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    According to the HoboWars wiki, a Garbage Bag is an armor that adds +6 Defense when equipped. Good to know!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    just dont tie it over your head
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Okay so sometimes when i work out i like to wear a trash bag, it makes you sweat and heat up a lot faster.
    But i hear that its dangerous, i feel that it is dangerous if you do it all the time. Does anyone know if it actually helps burn fat faster?

Wrestlers use it to get under weight limits quickly.

Personally, I highly doubt you're going to be doing enough to notice much of a difference in wearing it vs not wearing it. Plus not to mention I'm sure you look goofy w/ it on lol.
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Does anyone know if it actually helps burn fat faster?

No, no, no, nooooooooooo
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    One of my teachers in HS coached wrestling at one of his teaching positions early in his career. Apparently once, a kid who was supposed to wrestle in a lower weight class wrapped himself in garbage bags and saran wrap in order to lose water weight. The kid ran in the 90 degree heat and a few minutes after he unwrapped himself he was sent to the hospital where he died of extreme dehydration.

So...really bad.

AH! Scary :(
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    One of my teachers in HS coached wrestling at one of his teaching positions early in his career. Apparently once, a kid who was supposed to wrestle in a lower weight class wrapped himself in garbage bags and saran wrap in order to lose water weight. The kid ran in the 90 degree heat and a few minutes after he unwrapped himself he was sent to the hospital where he died of extreme dehydration.

So...really bad.

That's manslaughter..did anyone from the coaching staff serve hard time in Jail for killing that kid???
  • xsarahlouise1
    Options
    I don't see how it can be dangerous.. you can buy sauna suits that help you sweat more. It just sheds more water.