What's the most expensive thing your toddler has destroyed?

Options
123457»

Replies

• JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to get back here... some of these are epic
  • AMH1031
    AMH1031 Posts: 11
    Options
    Our playstation 3. He put his TOY music disc in it, we had to take it apart to get the disc out but it would never play a game or movie again. It actually was pretty smart of him to think of putting it in there to listen to his music, to bad it cost so much to replace.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have really bad luck with game systems.

My 10 yo daughter broke my PS2 when she was 4.

My son took our Wii apart and now it does not work.

I am in fear for the XBOX Kinect :grumble:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    MAYBE a PS2, in all fairness it was 9 years old and I'm almost positive it was my cousin's booger-faces who jumped (?) on it.
    I try not to let the opportunity even arise. My son does NOT play with any electronics; cell, laptop, whatever. I also don't let my son have access to crayons, etc. Some people look at me like I am crazy but you know what? My walls are white, theirs aren't. :laugh: HOWEVER, he did take my vacuum extension wand thingies, put them together & started going across my brand new TV the other day. :explode: Tapped that bottom one good time and he didn't watch anything for the rest of the day.

You should get color wonder markers! Only work on the special paper LOL

My cat has chewed through two Wii sensor bar cords, she chewed on my laptop charger that I had to replace and has destroyed two sets of blinds.

Not really expensive but when she doesn't get her way she likes to chew LOL

As for my bf's dog, he swallowed a bag one time and had to have surgery. He's fine now but he gets into the trashcans sometimes and eats tissues!
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    my 3yo, 1yo and my puppy have never destroyed anything of value...because it's rare if I don't have my eyes on any of them for 60 seconds...and the puppy stays in a fenced yard outside with my other dog if i'm not watching him...so they don't get much opportunity to do anything very bad. They do destroy my sanity most days...but that's not worth much anyway.
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    My oldest son was given permission to get ice pops out of the deep freeze for himself, sister and brother. He was so excited he left the freezer open. No idea how much electricity was wasted before I found it, but it was pretty full of spoiled food. I closed and unplugged it. And that's how it remains - 18 years later. I pretend it never happened.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My boys haven't destroyed anything too expensive, but they are the reason the carpet in the living room hasn't been replaced yet. Lost quite a few things and ER trips have been the most expensive things for them. (2 of them, now ages 5 and almost 8)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I guess we've been lucky. Other than a few of their own toys, our boys (9 & 13) have yet to destroy anything of real value.

*crosses fingers*
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had to replace an entire kitchens worth of sheet rock on the walls and ceiling, re paint and replace the floor tiles including sub flooring because I came home from work one day while my then 12 yr old daughter was home on summer vacation to find that she and her friends had decided to have a water fight using the kitchen sink spray hose and the outside garden hose which they shoved in through the slider door, INSIDE my house. That was 10 yrs ago, she is 22 now so no I did not kill her but she is lucky to be alive, she is just never allowed inside the kitchen as long as she lives!

-So I see her plan worked. I think my boyfriend may try that sometime...
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    My daughter when she was about 3 found a tin of emulsion paint. She walked it from top to bottom of a 3 story rented house. Every floor had foot prints all over it. Luckily, it was covered by insurance but cost £1000+ worth of damage! :laugh: :huh: