How Far Have You Come?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing! I love visiting this part of the forum every once in a while because it helps encourage and motivate me to keep working towards my goal, especially thru those rough plateaus! It's amazing what you can do when you commit and work hard! I've lost 18 lbs/lots of inches since the beginning of February, and I feel great!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump in on this one.

Back in 2010, I started a weight loss journey. I joined a gym, started eating better, and worked out consistently. Then I got a job as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart. So not only did I hit the gym, I also had a very physically demanding job. I managed to go from 162 to 128 in about a year. Then I found out I was pregnant. During my pregnancy, I watched what I ate, but didn't really exercise. I also indulged my cravings when they hit. Even so, I didn't gain more than 20 pounds. Now, 10 months later, I'm back up to 153. I just, didn't care, about keeping any of the weight off. I didn't notice it, but I think I had Post-Partum Depression. Anyways, I just got back on track. I've successfully managed to track my food for almost 3 weeks, and I have started exercising. I'm noticing small changes, even though the scale hasn't moved significantly yet. Right now it's mostly about reestablishing those good habits.
  • jamesdc71
    jamesdc71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Exactly 4 years ago today I started my health & fitness journey weighing in at 242lbs with a body fat of 61.3% as of today I currently weigh 136lbs with a body fat of 16.2% although I met my initial goal of 144lbs 2 years ago I am still very much focused on being as healthy & active as possible granted it doesn't always go according to plan but life is way too short not to have a treat now & again :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    60 pounds down since last June. It's been almost a year since I realized how far I'd let myself go, and I know I've come a long way since then. Not just physically with my weight, but emotionally, mentally, and through my strength I have found peace of mind I never thought I could grasp. I lost most of that weight on my own, but the last 15lbs I lost with the help of MFP. It's been a hard road, but I'm so glad I traveled down it and continue not to stray too far.

I don't know how it is for other people... but I think I've reached a point in my life where I've started thinking more and more about my mortality. Life is short. Very short for some of us, sadly. I want to make my life as good as it can be for as long as I can. :smile:
  • toonboon
    toonboon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    62lbs in 4.5 months. From 330 to 268.
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Last June, right before I joined the gym, I weighed in at 207 (hence the impetus to join the gym along with a friend). I lost about 15-16 lbs. before joining MFP in March. And now, I'm happy to say when I weighed myself this morning, I was 185 3/4, so 21 1/4 lost so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!