30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me. I opted to do the 2-Mile Leslie Sansone Heart walk. I upped the intensity by jogging through a lot of it. I can't believe that only 2 days of Shred made such a difference already. I also did some jumping jacks afterwards and 10 girl push-ups and even those went better than earlier this week. Tomorrow I'll do Level 1 Shred again. Saturday will probably be a rest day since we'll be traveling anyway. I love this workout. I have to start being more diligent with my food choices - not doing poorly, but could definitely do better.
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options
    Last night I graduated to Level 2, and thought I'd share my "Report Card"

-- I am 1/2 inch bigger in the bust and hips, and 1 inch bigger in the waist.

-- I lost 1/2 inch off my thighs, and right arm, and 1.5 inches from my left arm! (don't know why so much off the left -- seems odd to me)

-- I am 2 pounds heavier than when I started.

-- My stamina is THROUGH THE ROOF, my skin seems brighter and smoother, my shins are starting to get splints (and required some heavy rubbing/stretching last night), and I've noticed that my calves are tighter, and more defined.

This isn't as much progress as I was hoping for on day 11, but I'm still in good spirits, determined to get through, and hopeful that the results in my core will show up soon.

Level two had me grunting and groaning, and the plank jacks were too much for me after all the shoulder work that came right before, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to do even those in a couple days. Even though the workout was intense, I'm not really all that sore today, so I'm hopeful that my body is adjusting to the stress I've been putting it under. There's no possible way I'd have made it through half of the Level 2 workout when I started, so I consider that a major win.
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    I just finished level 1 today! And sad to say, I was still struggling in cardio circuit 1. I don't know why, I can do everything except that part.

Anyway, how is level 2? Read that it is hard!
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30DS...going on level 3 this weekend!! It is brutal...but in a good way! I have lost almost 7lbs and 3" from my waist!!! Bikini here I come!! Good luck all :happy:
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 today! And sad to say, I was still struggling in cardio circuit 1. I don't know why, I can do everything except that part.

Anyway, how is level 2? Read that it is hard!

I like level 2...I find level 1 cardio much harder. I actually enjoy level 2...it is hard in the begining tho. Good Luck!
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    MsSickOfBeingFluffy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me and I only had to break once (those damn side lunges and arm raises)! Was able to do ALL of my (girl) pushups :D
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting officially tomorrow, I did do my first day of level 1 yesterday but today my weights arrived. So I'm counting tomoz as my first day. I posted in the may/June forum but there seems a lot more response here. I have bought 2kg weights, what weights did eveyone else start with? I will try my hardest but know that 2kg might be difficult for me to begin with.

Also my legs are already in pain from doing a ton of squats lastnight and today. Hope I manage it!!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 8 done. Geez, my left knee is really giving me fits. I felt at the gym during my workouts and debated on doing the shred. Decided to push through it and had modify some of the squats. Hard to believe the Jumping Jacks didn't bother it though!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30DS...going on level 3 this weekend!! It is brutal...but in a good way! I have lost almost 7lbs and 3" from my waist!!! Bikini here I come!! Good luck all :happy:
    that is awesome!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I felt wonderful after my workout yesterday for the first time. It was an amazing feeling! Even throughout the program I felt stronger, even push-ups are finally starting to almost get there for me. I just feel wonderful!
  • Joannie1987
    Joannie1987 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me and absolutely loving it! The improvement in just 3 days is crazy day one could not do one push up and I am so much better already!! Really pleased!! Treat myself so some shiny new dumbells today :0) - please add me everyone need lots of motivation to make sure I get through the whole thing!! :0)
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've tried to do this dvd before but never made it past about 3 days! Hopefully will be able to do it this time with the motivating help of y'all :) I've written down the days in my work diary - so there's no excuse for forgetting. I'm using 2kg weights too - but my deltoids are now killing from those side lunges and arm raises!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm just on Day 3, but I am absolutely loving it!

I must admit, I found the cardio a little tougher today, but I think I'm a little better at the strength and abs!

Glad to find this thread, going to read through it later and see how everyone else is finding it :)
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'll be on day 5 L1 tomorrow....yall add me! LOL I need all of the support I can get!!
  • kylas7
    kylas7 Posts: 16
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing all of this, As in my past I have tried her videos they are defintely tough , I would recomend stretching well before and after)
    Could you tell me more on what kind of workouts you do on Xbox, I have one thats my husbands and would love to try a workout using this)
    Thank you~~~~
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Day 6 completed :-)
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Level 3 today and I LOVED IT!!!! I was able to keep up with Natalie on almost all of it. I did have some trouble on the 3rd circuit with the exercise after the plank row and leg lift (hmmm.....is there a reason that I can't even remember what that exercise was? LOL) I am very proud of myself for getting to Level 3 and being able to do it! This is the 1st time that I've stuck to it for more than a day or two and I find it amazing how the body really does adapt. I am also doing C25K and am going to do Week 2, Day 2 of that tomorrow.

For those who are starting, I agree with others that you need to do more stretching than Jillian does. I am now doing each of the stretches for a count of 30. The cool down is the same in each of the videos so you don't really have to follow along since it is easy enough to remember.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started mine today until DD peed in her pants... Of course DH was NOWHERE to be found. Oh well, I pushed myself extra hard yesterday and I'm not sure I would have been able to finish today anyway I'm so sore, especially my abs. It feels great though!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1, level 1 with my new 2kg weights... OMG!! I almost died lol! I did stick it out though. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do the side lunges with my weights, but I only had to miss out 3 because my arms seriously couldn't lift any more haha but so.proud I managed it with the weights. I've already been doing a lot of squats so my legs hurt anyway, god knows how they're gona feel now :S lol
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    thank you so much for sharing all of this, As in my past I have tried her videos they are defintely tough , I would recomend stretching well before and after)
    Could you tell me more on what kind of workouts you do on Xbox, I have one thats my husbands and would love to try a workout using this)
    Thank you~~~~

I use the Kinect on the Xbox & the workout game I use is called "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved". It's a great game fore the fact it has everything on it from cardio workouts, boxercise, pilates, mini games like hula hooping, balancing & much more You can do a fitness test on it & it will give you a personalised workout to suit you then as you get fitter you can retake the test.
    I used the post baby cardio workout & post baby toning workout which I did before I started the 30 day shred, I managed to lose 7lb doing them along with the boxercise workout it has. It also tells you how many calories you are burning as you are working out, then keeps track of it on your home page. You should look into it, I finish the shred in 7 days so I am going to have a weekend break then start the shred again incorporating the Xbox into it aswel. For example do the shred in the morning then Your Shape in the afternoons. Use some weights with their workouts too, it helps build your strength