30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• batgirl8809
    batgirl8809 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 2...I like level 2 sooo much better than 1...keep at it!
  • kimdwl
    kimdwl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just moved on to level 2 yesterday, today half way though i put my back out!
    I struggled on through but could not do the plank jacks or the last 2 abb excersises.
    I just reverted back to moves from level one that where similar that didn't hurt.

Now though i am in so much pain :(
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just moved on to level 2 yesterday, today half way though i put my back out!
    I struggled on through but could not do the plank jacks or the last 2 abb excersises.
    I just reverted back to moves from level one that where similar that didn't hurt.

Now though i am in so much pain :(

I had back surgery a few months ago so I do jump n jacks in place of the plank jacks.. pretty much modify a lot but at least I am moving... I actually do a ton of her ab moves when I can not do the others. it's working for me hope you back is better tomorrow
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Where can you find level two online.
    somebody has put a link for level 2 & 3 on this thread. You just have to read through to find it :smile:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I just did my first day of it!! It was definitely intense! I kept yelling that I hated her! LOL. Question though, how do you ladies input it into your exercise for MFP? I'm confused as to what I should put down...
    If you have HRM you can input it yourself, with your own burn (which is what I do) OR you can log it as circuit training, general ( what I used to do)
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through (did L2 day 6 yesterday) and took my measurements last night:

Arms: no loss - boo!
    Waist: -1 inch
    Hips: -1,5 inches
    Thighs: -1 inch

I took pictures as well and now I wish I'd measured the top of my thighs as well as the pictures show a MASSIVE difference there. Bring on level 3 - can't wait to see my final measurements!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through (did L2 day 6 yesterday) and took my measurements last night:

I took pictures as well and now I wish I'd measured the top of my thighs as well as the pictures show a MASSIVE difference there. Bring on level 3 - can't wait to see my final measurements!
    This is awesome! Good for YOU!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Fontinathefox! Great work.

I just did day 2 level 3 this morning...whew! What a great workout, my thighs are KILLING me. I can do the first walking planks (elbows to hands) on my toes, then the 2nd set I have to do most of them on my knees. But I shall push through it and make it to the end! Only 8 days left :)
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Well done!!! :)

Just done Day 5 of level 1 on what was meant to be one of my Zumba days. It's oddly addicting doing the shred though. So far the only change is I'm 1lb up.
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options
    Woo Hoo! That's fabulous gr8pillock!

I've been off the rails for the last few days with a pulled hip flexor, but I'm back in the game today. Since I missed 3 days of the shred I'm adding 3 on to the end of my month now.

That means that today is day 9 for me on Level 1 (hoping I haven't lost all my stamina!) I still haven't seen a drop in weight or inches, but I am noticing that my core seems stronger, and my calves are more defined. I'm thinking of upping my handweights if I continue to gain stamina, but I'm a little wary since everyone is saying that Level 2 is so butt-kickingly-scary. :)
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh -- BTW -- for anyone struggling with soreness/stiffness (which I'm assuming is everyone here) -- I HIGHLY recommed doing some gentle yoga to supplement the shred.

For my first week I was doing 20 minutes of beginner's yoga with a podcast every morning, and then doing the shred when I got home from work. Then I got lazy about doing the yoga, and I'm pretty sure that's why I ended up pulling my hip.

This is the podcast that I use. It's free, she explains all the poses she takes you through, and it's simple enough that I can get through it in the morning before I've had my coffee. :)

http://jivadiva.libsyn.com/webpage/jiva-jam-20-minute-beginner-yoga-series
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I am doing it with other workouts, once or twice a week.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3! I'm noticing changes in my legs. I also have gained one pound. Why have so many of us initially gained weight before losing with this?
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok...you have all talked me into it. I've considered this program for long enough. I start tonight!! I'll be sure to take measurements and pics too.
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Just finished day 3! I'm noticing changes in my legs. I also have gained one pound. Why have so many of us initially gained weight before losing with this?
    DO NOT quote me on this but I think it may be water weight, something about your muscles retaining water as they are being used in a way which they haven't been before. I know it is something to do with your muscles anyway! Please try to stay away from the scales though, most people lose inches not weight with 30 day shred & seeing the scales go up & down over 30 days may deter you. Good work though :smile:
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For those who have finished the program or further along, did you initially feel that your body wasn't changing?
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 now, I took a day break as well, as my calf muscles just decided to give up - it was so painful even to walk for a day, talk about being over-eager with exercise, hah! I feel I need 6 days + 1 day break with this, haven't seen level 2 yet but I heard it'll be a tough nut to crack. As for weights - I don't feel strong enough, so I am mostly doing it without weights. Perhaps adding weights when level 2 comes. Haven't noticed any changes yet, but I have a lot to shed. I generally feel stronger, happier, and pleased with myself that I'm up for the challenge!
  • Marteneb
    Marteneb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 22 of the 30DS and haven't really gotten the results I was hoping for. I wasn't losing any lbs so I took measurements and lost about 2" all over. I have had people tell me I look like I've lost weight, but I'm not sure where! I started incorporating cardio along with Jillian, any other suggestions for making this more successful?
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So I bought a heart rate monitor and wow! I had logged this under general circuit training and around 200 calories when in actuality the HRM says I burned 440!