30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 level 1. I woke up without feeling sore which was a good start and managed the exercises much easier - I even managed all bar 2 of the side lunge/arm raises! Where I'm really struggling is the push ups as my wrist is very weak due to an injury so supporting my body weight is very hard even with the Anita ones. Not sure if/how I'll manage level 2.
    Weighed myself out of interest this morning so if I'd put weight on and I haven't budged at all. :)

Natzkj - I used a HRM and created an exercise but I think people are saying to use circuit training if you don't have a HRM.
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 10 of Level 2 - I'm so looking forward to moving to Level 3 tomorrow! I've had enough of Level 2, it really kicked my bum (or rather - my arms) and I was struggling to keep motivated.

Sadly, I haven't lost a single pound or an inch, which is quite disappointing. I must admit, I haven't been great with my diet, but definitely not going over 2000kcal (my daily goal is 1500kcal). I can feel my abs getting toned, but there is still a layer of fat on top, so unfortunately the trousers still feel too tight :(

Anyone else had/having the same experience (aka not losing anything)?
  • jessicakate329
    Options
    I started 30DS last night. This is my second time trying. The first time I never made it past Level 1 and I remember being so sore I could barely squat enough to sit on the toilet! I'm in better shape this time so I'm planning on finishing it. My plan is to do it in the morning and do my regular running or elliptical cardio routine in the evening. I have a 5K in 2 weeks so I need to continue running. Good luck everyone!
  • thechunkydrummer
    Options
    Started today and am looking forward to tomorrow already... Painful legs but here's hoping it's all worth it!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Day eight of level one here. it's still just the second run of cardio that kicks my butt!!
  • hagofnaedre
    hagofnaedre Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of level one! I'm incredibly sore today (EVERYWHERE), and almost considering taking the day off to recover, but I know I shouldn't! I'll probably get the workout in this evening. This is my first Jillian (I almost spelled Killian, LOL) Michaels dvd and thus far, I am loving it. She moves at the perfect pace for me.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    So after starting the 30 Day Shred at the beginning of the month and then only getting through about 5 days during those 2 weeks, I re-started this past Monday after a couple of my friends committed to do it with me! I have found that it does get easier as we go. Luckily, I haven't been terribly sore this go around! Good luck Everyone!!

We GOT This!!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 4 and I'm being honest, I finally hurt everywhere. My calves are no longer existent, I literally only stand by the sheer will of my mind, but now my butt, lats, abs and thighs hurt. Might be due to the personal training session I ALSO had today, but I don't know and I don't care! Something hurts, it means I used it... into submission...
  • waxingwaning
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find Level 2 online? x
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Excited but kinda scared. The pain should be worth it in the end?
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    "Sweat is the best"
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I discovered something quite awesome on day three. Today's the first day I wore my heartrate monitor and in the thirty minutes of shredding and stretching, id burned 318 calories. That's more than elliptical or running these days so I was super chuffed with those numbers, but the best part was my forgetting to turn off my monitor. An hour and a half of chitchatting with my mom later and id burned 794 calories in 2h13min! That's one HELL of an afterburn!!! :)
    How did you log this? Did you just put your 20 minute workout reading in or the full 794?
    It's very interesting
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    WooHoo day 2 level 1 completed.... my butt hurts like hell but that tells me I haven't used it properly in a long time. LOL
    Looking forward to seeing changes in my measurements and scales.
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6, level 2 for me & once again I found it the easiest out of the 6 days. That's not to say it doesn't hurt & push me to my limits, it's just easier to push through & do each section varying between easy/hard moves. I have found a pattern forming that by day 6 on each level I start to find it easier to push myself & not hurt as much.
    I did a half way measure last night & have lost inches which has given me the motivation to continue for the next 14 days. Im excited to see the final results :smile:
  • debwaid
    Options
    Well I discovered something quite awesome on day three. Today's the first day I wore my heartrate monitor and in the thirty minutes of shredding and stretching, id burned 318 calories. That's more than elliptical or running these days so I was super chuffed with those numbers, but the best part was my forgetting to turn off my monitor. An hour and a half of chitchatting with my mom later and id burned 794 calories in 2h13min! That's one HELL of an afterburn!!! :)
    How did you log this? Did you just put your 20 minute workout reading in or the full 794?
    It's very interesting
    That it is very interesting! I forgot to turn mine off one day and it was only 10 minutes but I had burned an extra 100 calories! Kinda inspires me just a little more now!!
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 and it is safe to say that altho I found it marginally easier today simply because I knew what was coming and even though I can now beast level 1 completely, level 2 officially owns my *kitten*!!! Just keep reminding myself how much easier level 1 is now compared with the first time I did it and can't wait til I'm further into level 2 so I can proudly say I owned it!! :wink:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find Level 2 online? x

I found it on Google...

Level 2: www.4shared.com/video/.../30_Day_Shred_Level_2m4vff.html

Level 3: www.4shared.com/video/.../30_Day_Shred_Level_3m4vff.html
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's very interesting

I normally would just track the 318, but having done a test run of my HRM to see what my natural "going about my day" burn rate was, I minused the 100 calories I naturally burn an hour from the total, so just under 600.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I completed day one level one. It wasn't tooo bad, I only had to catch my breath once, lol. I'm measuring tonight (can't find my tape measure, gonna buy a new one) I don't know about taking pictures, not that comfortable showing my body...we'll see.
    Good luck everyone!!!!! :)
  • debwaid
    Options
    I completed day one level one. It wasn't tooo bad, I only had to catch my breath once, lol. I'm measuring tonight (can't find my tape measure, gonna buy a new one) I don't know about taking pictures, not that comfortable showing my body...we'll see.
    Good luck everyone!!!!! :)
    Take the pictures....you are the only one who has to see them! Believe me, when the scale isn't moving you will be glad. I did and although I had not lost much weight, the pictures showed lots of progesss!