What are you getting your Mother for Mother's Day?

Options

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I will be writing a poem and putting one on her Head Stone and one on my Mother- in- Laws Head Stone along with some flowers. Love them like there is no tomorrow while they are here. I miss them both with all my heart.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Doh! I almost typed out what I was getting my mother and then remembered - she uses MFP. So I'll have to get back to this AFTER Mother's Day.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    I normally go with flowers, but she also loves perfume - literally any kind. I may send her a nice Estee Lauder gift set - she goes crazy for that stuff!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Probably going to send her a card from the kids and I. My mother lives in Central Oregon and I have a very distant relationship with her.
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    Reading through the comments...so amusing. We Americans...smh, no wonder other countries don't like us!! lol Actually I didn't know Mother's Day was in March overseas. I guess you learn a new thing everyday!!

About my mom, she wants a CD and I'll probably take her out to dinner.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    mom passed about 12 years ago..
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I bought my mom a Coach handbag for mother's day. I got her a wallet for her birthday so she now has a set.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Male gigolo... man she needs some... or a "rabbit".
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am not in contact with my birth mother. I actually did send her a mother's day card, birthday card and Christmas card last year, however, she did not acknowledge one of them. I did try. I will be doing nothing for her this year.

For my MIL, I will be making a nice dinner for her with her favorite dessert, getting her flowers and a new bible.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A coffee cup filled with jewelry and her favorite starbucks blend
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Should've been thinking Mother's Day at my 'toy' party last week!! :laugh:
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Coach purse.

I hope my kids think of this :love:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I ordered her a huge *kitten* bouquet of flowers.
  • bnax
    bnax Posts: 9
    Options
    My full attention thruout the day. My mom is 89, and just left the hospital last week. I know what a blessing it is that she's still above ground. I intend to wait on her hand and foot, so she only has to move when she wants to.

Actually, she's now living with me. I continue to treat each day like Mom's day. She's a gift, and you better believe, I'm well aware of that *fact.* And, I act accordingly!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Coach purse.

I hope my kids think of this :love:

Coach is always a good idea. I got my mom and mother in law this one:

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-wristlets-10551-10051-5000000000000013513-en?t1Id=5000000000000013510&t2Id=5000000000000013513&tier=2&LOC=LN#108927

in black

I also got my grandma this:
    http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-wristlets-10551-10051-5000000000000013513-en?t1Id=5000000000000013510&t2Id=5000000000000013513&tier=2&LOC=LN#109075

Grandma has a handbag from Coach that I got her last year that has that same teal interior. It's gorgeous.
  • triskele
    triskele Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My mom passed 5 years ago, but we always used to pick an activity with mom for mother's day. These are the best memories - going to a museum or a play, or a special restaurant she wanted to try. We are always so busy, that time spent together was so much more valuable than any gift.

I'm hoping my boys surprise me with yardwork. Fingers crossed...
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am very low income here, but today I did go out and buy her a packs of gift cards for amazon so she can download books to her kindle, my mom is a very simple woman, never asks for anything, I wish I could afford to buy her something wonderful, but for right now, I will go with something I know she will definitely use :)
    Also for my sister I bought her a Nook giftcard :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'll mail her a card and pay for her and my brother to go for dinner since I can't be there.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'll mail her a card and pay for her and my brother to go for dinner since I can't be there.

That's so sweet!