If you wouldn't show your grandma

Options

Replies

• thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This again?

exactly what i was thinking! its nothing that you wouldnt see if you were on a beach! why dont we make a forum complaining about people on beaches in bikinis too! :yawn:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If human bodies
    make you uncomfortable
    you shouldn't be on
    a fitness site...

it's a song.

The logo is a damn naked woman leaping happily through the air. Not covering up and ashamed of who she is.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wait....you are from Florida and you have a problem with bikini shots?

I'm a native Floridian - it's not about bikini shots. I don't like thongs at the beach, either...male or female. I don't need to know what that much of someone else's body looks like. As for the people saying just don't look - it's kinda hard not to when it's a profile pic or a ticker pic, or it's posted in a thread. Unless this forum has an ignore feature that I haven't discovered yet...

This^ To be FAIR, she didn't say bikini's she said thong (AKA butt floss) and naked (no clothing) I don't get the cleavage thing unless there were nipples showing but we do need to compare apples to apples because that's fair.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, the sheer proliferation of photos on this site where very little clothing is worn actually creates a desexualied environment rather than a sexually charged atmosphere.

Sexiness is just as much about what you don't show as what you do meaning the vast majority of "progress" pics on this site are not sexually provocative in the slightest.

MFP is like a weird parallel universe where I am actually now physically bored by seeing a woman not wearing much clothing. When I log on I think" Holy *kitten* a woman with clothes. How you doin'?

Therefore the people posting the very type of photos objected to in the OP are creating a safer, more accepting environment. The logical conclusion is therefore to have more of it.

<<<<<<<<<<< Is available to sell ice to Inuits.

Honestly, most of you need to chill out...
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I've seen plenty of pics that are against the rules. And I'm always a bit hesitant opening up mfp with my kid running around because who knows what people are trying to get away with. I don't go around looking for people to report. I have better things to do. But there are a lot of people who want to.play exhibitionist and aren't satisfied keeping it in the groups devoted to that. They insist on showing it off to people who don't actually want to see it. "If you don't want to see it, don't look" can only work so far. There has to be cooperation from both sides of the spectrum. Just a bit of common courtesy from each will go a long way to keeping MFP enjoyable and workplace friendly. :flowerforyou:

Shouldn't people be working while at work rather than browsing the internet?

LOL!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wait....you are from Florida and you have a problem with bikini shots?

I'm a native Floridian - it's not about bikini shots. I don't like thongs at the beach, either...male or female. I don't need to know what that much of someone else's body looks like. As for the people saying just don't look - it's kinda hard not to when it's a profile pic or a ticker pic, or it's posted in a thread. Unless this forum has an ignore feature that I haven't discovered yet...

Is it really that hard to ignore?

A few weeks ago, I was at the beach and there was a girl there with a rockin' body wearing a thong bikini. She was just to the left of where we were seated, so I basically couldn't look down the left side of the beach without seeing her butt cheeks. So, it's easy to say "just don't look". But, what about having consideration for people who want to enjoy the view of the beach without having to worry about where they are looking?

If this bothers you so much, why do you even go to the beach in case your eyes bleed and your man drools?

Oh, honey, I'm too old to be insecure about who/what my husband is looking at. He's gonna look - he's a man. But, I guarantee you he doesn't stare and he doesn't care. :)
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My Grandma isn't on MFP. She barely knows how to operate a computer.

Some of us are proud of our bodies and want to show them off...we're all adults, if you don't like it, don't look.
    I agree
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    why would you show us your cleavage, thong shots, naked photos etc........Just saying...I don't want to see em lol

Personally, if anyone would like to show me cleavage thongs shots and naked photos, I would happily be the alternative to your parents mother.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    my grammy told me to cover up until i get appropriately inked!!!!!

isobel_varley_by_Dale_Rio.jpg

she laughed at my bare skin too, the old hag!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    FREE THE TA TAS
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    The whole point of those rules are so people can access every part of mfp without worrying about being at work, etc. when they go on. I usually am on mfp when my kid isn't around, but the odd time he is.
    Guess I'll just start reporting every pic I see.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, the sheer proliferation of photos on this site where very little clothing is worn actually creates a desexualied environment rather than a sexually charged atmosphere.

Sexiness is just as much about what you don't show as what you do meaning the vast majority of "progress" pics on this site are not sexually provocative in the slightest.

MFP is like a weird parallel universe where I am actually now physically bored by seeing a woman not wearing much clothing. When I log on I think" Holy *kitten* a woman with clothes. How you doin'?

Therefore the people posting the very type of photos objected to in the OP are creating a safer, more accepting environment. The logical conclusion is therefore to have more of it.

<<<<<<<<<<< Is available to sell ice to Inuits.

Honestly, most of you need to chill out...

image.png
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Eh you aren't a prude if you want to stay covered up. But getting on people for their choices to me is a bit ridiculous.

Until a couple weeks ago I didn't own a bikini, so I took pictures in my bra and panties. And I have a close up shot of what squats/deads did to my bubble butt. Not my profile picture, so I don't see the big deal.

It is a fitness site after all. A site with many people working on transforming and accepting our bodies. This would be one website I would find this perfectly understandable.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I along with my mother (who is on here) like to see all the progress pics especially those that have done so well that they are confident enough to show it off. I only hope that by the time I am to that point, the overly sensitive and prudes haven't destroyed this site to the point that I won't be able to show my progress and encourage others to achieve their goals.
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have seen tons of photos of males and females showing off. I'm not offended because Majority of the people that are showing their bodies off are showing their progress of reaching their goals. And I think others that do it on here are attempting for fitness competitions.. stop hating on them.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    The whole point of those rules are so people can access every part of mfp without worrying about being at work, etc. when they go on. I usually am on mfp when my kid isn't around, but the odd time he is.
    Guess I'll just start reporting every pic I see.

Rules are meant to be broken... REPORTED!!!
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    As much as I would love to sit here and hear how another person is taking what I said and twisting it 50 ways from sunday I am off. I have a life. Have a good day everyone.

WAIT!!! YOU DIDN'T ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST!!!!
    I love you.
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    You should see the way my grandma dresses!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! That's hilarious and I can just about imagine.......HAVING SAID THAT.....I can kinda understand where this person who posted this blog is coming from. I personally don't have a problem with the way people dress...I do however think that not EVERYTHING should be on the internet and that we should prolly maintain some sort of modesty and decency. I think that line is just different for everyone.

You never know though...maybe I lose all my weight and get ripped maybe I will be posting pics of myself in my undies too! Hahahahaha!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    As long as no one gets naked and gets me fired from work for being on this site, then I'm good with whatever is posted!
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Who cares.
This discussion has been closed.