If you wouldn't show your grandma

Options

Replies

• mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I never knew either of my grandmothers. Thanks for bringing up such an insensitive subject.

Both my grandmothers were dead before I was born. I also want to thank you for bringing up such an insensitive subject.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You've been here for 4 years and now you wanna say something about it? You should be in the government because you'd get **** done.......eventually.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    wait, is that some sort of phrase?

because I dont care what I would or wouldnt show my grandma.

eff knows I wouldnt share Reddit links with grandma, but Im on Reddit every day
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You've been here for 4 years and now you wanna say something about it? You should be in the government because you'd get **** done.......eventually.

And THIS is why we are friends.
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    If I were to show skin on here, it'd be the saggy kind. My lower abdomen is doing this incredibly attractive sharpei impersonation. My grandmother had something similar around her neck. :)

This made me spit water on my computer.
    And I'm not a spitter.
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll show my moobs and I'll wear a thong but I'm not paying for the mental health bills after you've seen it :bigsmile:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Wait....you are from Florida and you have a problem with bikini shots?

I'm a native Floridian - it's not about bikini shots. I don't like thongs at the beach, either...male or female. I don't need to know what that much of someone else's body looks like. As for the people saying just don't look - it's kinda hard not to when it's a profile pic or a ticker pic, or it's posted in a thread. Unless this forum has an ignore feature that I haven't discovered yet...

Is it really that hard to ignore?

A few weeks ago, I was at the beach and there was a girl there with a rockin' body wearing a thong bikini. She was just to the left of where we were seated, so I basically couldn't look down the left side of the beach without seeing her butt cheeks. So, it's easy to say "just don't look". But, what about having consideration for people who want to enjoy the view of the beach without having to worry about where they are looking?

If this bothers you so much, why do you even go to the beach in case your eyes bleed and your man drools?

Oh, honey, I'm too old to be insecure about who/what my husband is looking at. He's gonna look - he's a man. But, I guarantee you he doesn't stare and he doesn't care. :)

You are only 2 years older than me but seem to act 30 years older than me......hmmmm.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    The whole point of those rules are so people can access every part of mfp without worrying about being at work, etc. when they go on. I usually am on mfp when my kid isn't around, but the odd time he is.
    Guess I'll just start reporting every pic I see.

The internet is not for you then if you confuse this forum with kindergarten and feel the need to tattle to the teacher. Why not just act like the adult you supposedly are?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well considoring the fact that my grandma lived in a nudist colony at one point and it out white water rafting on her vacation somehow I dont think she cares........

Please remeber your sense of morality doesnt belong to anyone else and imposing your belief system on us is also out of line....

And I live in south florida honey where do you go here that you dont see clevage its like 90 in the shade
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    anyone wanna go have a beer
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    wait, is that some sort of phrase?

because I dont care what I would or wouldnt show my grandma.

eff knows I wouldnt share Reddit links with grandma, but Im on Reddit every day

Links, no.

This:

120503a10.jpg

Yes. She'd laugh. Then scold. Then laugh.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    why would you show us your cleavage, thong shots, naked photos etc........Just saying...I don't want to see em lol

You don't want to see. But I do.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    The whole point of those rules are so people can access every part of mfp without worrying about being at work, etc. when they go on. I usually am on mfp when my kid isn't around, but the odd time he is.
    Guess I'll just start reporting every pic I see.

The internet is not for you then if you confuse this forum with kindergarten and feel the need to tattle to the teacher. Why not just act like the adult you supposedly are?

Completely agree. Seriously reporting anyone with undies and such?
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I was at the beach and there was a girl there with a rockin' body wearing a thong bikini. She was just to the left of where we were seated, so I basically couldn't look down the left side of the beach without seeing her butt cheeks. So, it's easy to say "just don't look". But, what about having consideration for people who want to enjoy the view of the beach without having to worry about where they are looking?
    I'm sure plenty of people were enjoying the view, and I bet the beach looked nice too.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

<<<<<<<<<<< Is available to sell ice to Inuits.

Honestly, most of you need to chill out...

Is that how you sell the ice? Needs a matching logo. :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, the sheer proliferation of photos on this site where very little clothing is worn actually creates a desexualied environment rather than a sexually charged atmosphere.

Sexiness is just as much about what you don't show as what you do meaning the vast majority of "progress" pics on this site are not sexually provocative in the slightest.

MFP is like a weird parallel universe where I am actually now physically bored by seeing a woman not wearing much clothing. When I log on I think" Holy *kitten* a woman with clothes. How you doin'?

Therefore the people posting the very type of photos objected to in the OP are creating a safer, more accepting environment. The logical conclusion is therefore to have more of it.

<<<<<<<<<<< Is available to sell ice to Inuits.

Honestly, most of you need to chill out...

image.png

Are you Jamaican? Cos jer makin me crazy!

I wonder if on the Swedish or Norwegian alternative of MFP they are having this kind of debate. Somehow I don't think so...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What does grandma have to do with anything?
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So it's you who's been reporting me :grumble:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    So it's you who's been reporting me :grumble:

exactly my first thought
This discussion has been closed.